You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Home Games

edited December 2009 in Poker Chat
Im trying to organise i home over the cristmas time with a few friends (approx 10), is there a website that can help me do this. Need help trying to sort of stacks sizing, blind levels,  chip value ect. Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• edited December 2009
    We play 2000 chips starting at 10/20 with a £5 buy in. Payout for top 2.

Ten minute blinds with no rebuys, but then again there are only 6 of us and lasts about an hour. We then move to cash pot limit with 5p blinds for the rest of the night. even at 5p blinds, you still get some nice pots.

We do this because it can get quite boring for the players knocked out while they wait for a new game.

Based on this set up, £20 - £30 will last all night.

It may pay to increase stack sizes/blind levels if you want a longer game.

Dont forget a decent clock to set an alarm for the blinds increase.

Get decent cards and a spare deck and if possible, chips with denominations on them as all night people will be saying 'what are the blue ones worth again?. if not, write the colours/chip values down for everyone. 

Make sure you have a nice table to play on and keep the kids in the front room with a few DVD's.

Make sure you have plenty of ale in. The more the better, you will be surprised how quick it goes and how it kills the night when it's all gone.

Snacks too, are a must. We tend to order a few pizza's just before the takeaway closes. (I'm sure they love us)

But, play it by ear, if you plan a few regular nights, you will find a structure that fits you all.
  • edited December 2009
    How many players and how long do you want the game to last?

It's a bit confusing, but there's a website set up for this - search google for Home Poker Tourney dot com.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Home Games:
    How many players and how long do you want the game to last? It's a bit confusing, but there's a website set up for this - search google for Home Poker Tourney dot com.
    Posted by Kaidus

Should be about 10 of us, want it to last about 2-3 hours. Thought i read somehwere there was a website but my friedn said he couldnt find much.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Home Games:
    search google for Home Poker Tourney dot com.
    Posted by Kaidus
    If you do this then you WILL find your website that you have been told about mate.
  • edited December 2009
    download a tournament director program. you can get them free online and it will run your blinds / breaks / payouts / rebuys etc etc. just google it