You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Playing blind - no graphics, incorrect chip amount, constantly relaunching the table

Would someone from the sky team help me out please.

I have just played a £11 DYM game and I was essentially playing blind. I am not sure whether anyone else has had this problem before but this was the first time I have experienced it. 

Every hand I had there was no sound, animation, incorrect chip counts (i had to ask the other guys what it was - my chip count said 1,820 when it was actually just over 1,000) I couldn't see who was still in the hand, which made it really difficult to play. One time I was able to see the flop but couldn't see the turn or river. I relaunched the table several times to try and correct the issue.

I have recorded the last few hands.

Would someone be able to get in touch.

Thank you very much.

Comments

• edited December 2013
    In Response to Playing blind - no graphics, incorrect chip amount, constantly relaunching the table:
    Would someone from the sky team help me out please. I have just played a £11 DYM game and I was essentially playing blind. I am not sure whether anyone else has had this problem before but this was the first time I have experienced it.  Every hand I had there was no sound, animation, incorrect chip counts (i had to ask the other guys what it was - my chip count said 1,820 when it was actually just over 1,000) I couldn't see who was still in the hand, which made it really difficult to play. One time I was able to see the flop but couldn't see the turn or river. I relaunched the table several times to try and correct the issue. I have recorded the last few hands. Would someone be able to get in touch. Thank you very much.      
    Posted by ssgricco9
    Hi ssgricco9,

Thank you for this feedback, it is very useful for us to receive this, particularly with the screenshot. 

I see from the screenshot that you are playing on Safari on a Mac. To help us investigate this further please could you give us more information about the version of Mac and Safari that you are operating. To do this you need to follow these steps:

Click the Apple icon in the top left corner of the screen, Click "About this Mac". This will tell you the version of Mac that you are using.

Click Safari in the top left corner of the screen, Click "About Safari". This will tell you the version of Safari that you are operating.

Again to help with our investigations could you advise if you were experiencing this consistently throughout the game or was it an occasional problem during the game?

I would advise that you try using a different browser to see if you still experience the same problem as this. If you could play on Google Chrome and let us know how it goes that would be very useful.

I will ask Customer Care to contact you about the game that you played.

Thank you again for this feedback this very useful to us.

Thanks

Sam

• edited December 2013
    Hello again,

Thank you for the feedback and we are sorry that you were having issues. 

After some investigations into the cards not showing and sounds not playing, we believe that we have managed to resolve the issue. It seemed to be mainly affecting users that were operating a Mac with Safari.

The issue should not occur anymore but please let us know on here if you do experience any further problems.

Thanks

Sam
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: Playing blind - no graphics, incorrect chip amount, constantly relaunching the table:
    In Response to Playing blind - no graphics, incorrect chip amount, constantly relaunching the table : Hi ssgricco9, Thank you for this feedback, it is very useful for us to receive this, particularly with the screenshot.  I see from the screenshot that you are playing on Safari on a Mac. To help us investigate this further please could you give us more information about the version of Mac and Safari that you are operating. To do this you need to follow these steps: Click the Apple icon in the top left corner of the screen, Click "About this Mac". This will tell you the version of Mac that you are using. Click Safari in the top left corner of the screen, Click "About Safari". This will tell you the version of Safari that you are operating. Again to help with our investigations could you advise if you were experiencing this consistently throughout the game or was it an occasional problem during the game? I would advise that you try using a different browser to see if you still experience the same problem as this. If you could play on Google Chrome and let us know how it goes that would be very useful. I will ask Customer Care to contact you about the game that you played. Thank you again for this feedback this very useful to us. Thanks Sam
    Posted by Sky_SamT

Thanks Sam.

My mac version is 10.9
    Safari is 7.0 

I have played on the new tables before with no problem and this is the first time that I have experienced this issue.

Thanks for getting back in touch.

• edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: Playing blind - no graphics, incorrect chip amount, constantly relaunching the table:
    In Response to Re: Playing blind - no graphics, incorrect chip amount, constantly relaunching the table : Thanks Sam. My mac version is 10.9 Safari is 7.0  I have played on the new tables before with no problem and this is the first time that I have experienced this issue. Thanks for getting back in touch.
    Posted by ssgricco9
    It is not confined to the mac at all.  I have a pc running XP and many games have no sound and the cards dissappear half way through the game. You have not solved anything at all, this happened last night.
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: Playing blind - no graphics, incorrect chip amount, constantly relaunching the table : It is not confined to the mac at all.  I have a pc running XP and many games have no sound and the cards disappear half way through the game. You have not solved anything at all, this happened last night.
    Posted by JimRiddle7
    Hello,

As posted above we thought we had found and implemented a fix for this issue that you have reported. If this is not the case please could you provide hand numbers of instances when this has happened.

Please note although we do regularly monitor the forum and act on any issues that are reported. If you do experience a problem and what a resolution to it immediately. please contact customer who will be on hand to help straight away.

Thanks

Sam
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: Playing blind - no graphics, incorrect chip amount, constantly relaunching the table : Hello, As posted above we thought we had found and implemented a fix for this issue that you have reported. If this is not the case please could you provide hand numbers of instances when this has happened. Please note although we do regularly monitor the forum and act on any issues that are reported. If you do experience a problem and what a resolution to it immediately. please contact customer who will be on hand to help straight away. Thanks Sam
    Posted by Sky_SamT
    SO GOOD TO CONFIRM SKY POKERS NEW SOFTWARE IS EFFECTING OTHER USERS. AFTER PLAYING ON SKY POKER FOR SEVERAL YEARS NOW USING OLD FORMAT, I DECIDED TO DOWNLOAD NEW SOFTWARE, BIG MISTAKE!!!! CONSTANT FREEZING OF SCREEN, RE-LAUNCHING OF TABLE ETC... SO FRUSTRATING TO SAY THE LEAST!! PAID £33 FOR MON NIGHT B/H GAME CRASHED, COULDNT RE-LAUNCH TABLE, WHAT A WASTE OF MONEY & 3HRS OF MY TIME. POSTED PLENTY OF BLOGS AND EACH ONE HAS BEEN REMOVED???
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: Playing blind - no graphics, incorrect chip amount, constantly relaunching the table : SO GOOD TO CONFIRM SKY POKERS NEW SOFTWARE IS EFFECTING OTHER USERS. AFTER PLAYING ON SKY POKER FOR SEVERAL YEARS NOW USING OLD FORMAT, I DECIDED TO DOWNLOAD NEW SOFTWARE, BIG MISTAKE!!!! CONSTANT FREEZING OF SCREEN, RE-LAUNCHING OF TABLE ETC... SO FRUSTRATING TO SAY THE LEAST!! PAID £33 FOR MON NIGHT B/H GAME CRASHED, COULDNT RE-LAUNCH TABLE, WHAT A WASTE OF MONEY & 3HRS OF MY TIME. POSTED PLENTY OF BLOGS AND EACH ONE HAS BEEN REMOVED???
    Posted by DADDYLE
    Hi,

If you do experience issues with a game, we ask you to report this to our customer care. They will be able to look into this for you. Although we do monitor the forums, customer care are more likely to be able to help with issues such as this one. 

Please can you advise what you mean by Blogs being removed?

Thanks

Sam
  • edited December 2013
    Yes this is still happening to me using Windows XP. Even bought a new PC operating Windows 8, and the same thing happens. After a while, the Community Cards start disappearing, you have no idea what the flop turn and river is. Closing the table and re-launching it causes the software to crash. Only resolution is to log out, close Sky Poker, and then log back in and relaunch all of your tables. This is very annoying and happens on average twice a night. I must have lost so much value (and tournament entries) because of this.