You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Mark Hughes Sacked!!!!!!!!!

edited December 2009 in The Shed
Man City have sacked Mark Hughes & Roberto Mancini is set to be unveiled as their new boss. City have only lost 2 games this season, a bit harsh on Hughes I think. Your thoughts please.

Comments

• edited December 2009
    I thought the club were issuing a statement at 7.30?
  • edited December 2009
    Just seen this - Very harsh on him suprised its mancini mind

• edited December 2009
    mancini apparently took the job after the man city v arsenal game, bit harsh in my opinion
  • edited December 2009

Rumours are aplenty at the mo about Mark Hughes but i have heard various ones which are interesting to say the least.

He has had a MASSIVE pay off and will now take a long break from the game.
    The only job he will take in this season will be the Liverpool job if it comes up.
    He is allready in line to take over at old trafford if Alex decides to retire at the end of this season.

THESE ARE ONLY RUMOURS AND SHOULD BE TAKEN WITH A PINCH OF SALT. BUT REMEMBER WHERE YOU HEARD THEM 1st!

Anybody got any more out there?
  • edited December 2009
    Complete joke. The way it was handled with Hughes being told he was sacked and then expected to take charge for the Sunderland game. Cook not being there to face the media.

Stability is what is required to build a successful team and i remember an interview at the start of this season where it was stated Europa league was the minimum that was expected from this season. Well there 6th and in semi's of Carling cup and only having lost 2 games this season you can't say Hughes has failed.

Feel sorry for him, think he could have really done something there given the time.

On a different note another British manager being replaced by a foreign coach.
  • edited December 2009
    TBH IT WAS OB HE WAS GETTING OUTED SOON , THEY R POOR ONLY DRAWING AT HOME V HULL, BURNLEY ETC HARDLY TOP 4 MATERIAL, THINK THE RIGHT MANAGER WILL BANK THE TOP 4 IS MANCINI THE MAN LETS SEE BUT HUGHES WASNT IMO
  • edited December 2009
    Hi Guys,
    What none of you have addressed is the trend for owners to treat football clubs as toys. They want and demand instant success and if they dont get that then the poor manager gets the boot.
    It started with Abramovich at Chelsea, sacking Ranieri after a good season, and it has just got worse. The media dont help but it has ruined the game.
    Lest we forget that, Alex Ferguson, was only a couple of games away from the sack at Man utd and look how he has repaid their faith and patience. That doesnt seem to be the case in present day football and not just at the highest level.

col