You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Did I fail to make full advantage of a river bink at NL8?

edited December 2013 in The Poker Clinic
Should I be looking to make a chunky raise on this river?

I didn't actually mean to check on the turn... although it may have been the best move anyway! Poor connection made the choice for me.

I figured that the villain was the sort of player that would see c-bet/give up as weakness and bet the turn with very little, so took the call.

Then lucky... only reason I didn't raise was that I figured he couldn't be strong enough to call unless he also had a 7... maybe even 78 which then obv leaves me in a world of pain calling off an all in. Even if I raise and he has a 7, it just means paying more rake.

Anyway, villain told me I should have been making a big raise on river. I can't argue that I'm probably too much of a nit, but... interested to hear thoughts.

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
shakinacesSmall blind £0.04£0.04£7.96
villainBig blind £0.08£0.12£8.11
 Your hole cards

Fold    
 Fold    
 Fold    
 Fold    
shakinacesRaise £0.16£0.28£7.80
villainCall £0.12£0.40£7.99
Flop

shakinacesBet £0.30£0.70£7.50
villainCall £0.30£1.00£7.69
Turn

shakinacesCheck    
villainBet £0.72£1.72£6.97
shakinacesCall £0.72£2.44£6.78
River

shakinacesCheck    
villainBet £1.68£4.12£5.29
shakinacesCall £1.68£5.80£5.10
villainShow
  • Q
  • J

shakinacesShow

shakinacesWinStraight to the 7£5.36 £10.46

Comments

• edited December 2013
    I probably shove the river, if you are going to raise then the only raise size should be a shove. He can definitely call with worse, loads of 2pr and sets will do something in between snap calling and sigh calling. It's very hard for him to have a 7 seen as you have 2 and obviously his hand HAS to have a 7 in it to chop or win.