You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sunday Night 20k High Roller Show with Fowler and Teakles ***official show thread***** 7pm ch861

edited December 2013 in Poker Chat
Pinch punch and all that... welcome to December folks and also your High Roller show thread, keeping you up to date with all the goings on from tonight's big one.

7pm-8pm – Tonight on Sky Poker  - we have Live Master Cash coverage. 

8pm – Midnight

Live coverage of the £20,000 Super Roller, hopefully with lots of hands requests from you at home. We will aslo have Master Cash action mixed in along with coverage from the SkyPoker UKPC FInal Sat

I will be on top form tonight...there will be no catching me out again IceTiger ;) plus I have had the mother of all lie-ins this morning. How has your Sunday been prepping for the biggest event of the week??  Anyone put their XXXXXXXXX decorations up!? Does XXXXXXXXX tilt Tikay more than touching the pot, more than Davina??

What Tilts you???

hopefully I will have a seat to give away for the best contributions to the show tonight (let you know once producer Dan has said yes!)

If you have any questions for us on the show tonight, hand IDs, shoutouts, new player welcomes, please get in touch the only way you know how!

skyopen@bskyb.com

#skypokertv

Looking forward to seeing you guys later, hope you enjoy the show, and GL in the ME

A & T xxxx

Comments

• edited December 2013

"teakles"?

What?
  • edited December 2013
    Good afternoon Anna and Tikay.
    Just a quick thank you to Tikay for playing in the friday afternoon deepstack £2.20 @2.20.
    His presence doubled the field, and attracted some good players.
    I am a novice player so it helps my game playing against better players, and some of the regulars, it is such an enjoyable game i play every afternoon, as i work nights at the local coffee factory i miss most of the evening deepstacks, so it was very good of Tikay 2 join in again.
    We are hoping Richard Orford could play when he has a free afternoon, his presence would attract a field bigger than the main event.
    Also Anna we would like 2 invite you to play if available, as a UKOPS WINNER it would be an honour to have someone of your class sitting at the table.
    Have a great show.
    All the best.
    Rainman397

LIST OF WINNERS
    1ST TOM281189
    2ND HODGE04
    3RD FCHD
    4TH RAINMAN397
    5TH GT POKER
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: Sunday Night 20k High Roller Show with Fowler and Teakles ***official show thread***** 7pm ch861:
    "teakles"? What?
    Posted by Tikay10
    It takes more than that to tilt me...
  • edited December 2013
    I'm spending £110 and playing tonight's Super Roller simply because checking in with the show during the tournament is the only way Anna Fowler ever accepts my phone calls. :-(
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: Sunday Night 20k High Roller Show with Fowler and Teakles ***official show thread***** 7pm ch861:
    Good afternoon Anna and Tikay. Just a quick thank you to Tikay for playing in the friday afternoon deepstack £2.20 @2.20. His presence doubled the field, and attracted some good players. I am a novice player so it helps my game playing against better players, and some of the regulars, it is such an enjoyable game i play every afternoon, as i work nights at the local coffee factory i miss most of the evening deepstacks, so it was very good of Tikay 2 join in again. We are hoping Richard Orford could play when he has a free afternoon, his presence would attract a field bigger than the main event. Also Anna we would like 2 invite you to play if available, as a UKOPS WINNER it would be an honour to have someone of your class sitting at the table. Have a great show. All the best. Rainman397 LIST OF WINNERS 1ST TOM281189 2ND HODGE04 3RD FCHD 4TH RAINMAN397 5TH GT POKER
    Posted by rainman397

Absolutely, as a UKOPS winner I would love to!!  Just let me know when, I have next Friday free i think? x
  • edited December 2013
    "teakles"? What?
    Posted by Tikay10
    you told me not to call you teeks
  • edited December 2013
    Excellent friday would be perfect, thanks for honouring us, i am sure it will attract a massive field.
    Plus i can say i have a date with Anna fowler,
    All the best.
    Rainman397   In Response to Re: Sunday Night 20k High Roller Show with Fowler and Teakles ***official show thread***** 7pm ch861:
    In Response to Re: Sunday Night 20k High Roller Show with Fowler and Teakles ***official show thread***** 7pm ch861 : Absolutely, as a UKOPS winner I would love to!!  Just let me know when, I have next Friday free i think? x
    Posted by MissFowler
  • edited December 2013
    What tilts me is when I put a lovely steak and ale pie with chunky chips in the oven, ready to take out at the MTT sync break. Then when the break rolls around, I make a quick brew and go to the toilet. At this point I completely forget about my food - until I bust the tourny some time later and smell smoke in the air.

Eating burnt pie and chips sucks    :(
  • edited December 2013
    I'm spending £110 and playing tonight's Super Roller simply because checking in with the show during the tournament is the only way Anna Fowler ever accepts my phone calls. :-(
    Posted by JoeStapes
    You could always give Lilo Lill a call Joe it wouldn't cost you anywhere near £110 to have a chat to her ;~O
  • edited December 2013
    What Tilts you???

I could be here a while!

1) ******mass - (one for Tikay) The cost of this 'festive' period of the year has just got stupid now. The ONLY thing I like about it is having time off work and not coming back to loads of work stuff on my desk. Trying to get a drink at your local is painful when all the part time drinkers come out!

2) When shopping, people who decide to stop and have a social get together with others whilst blocking the aisles with their trolley's!

3) Trucks who decide to 'overtake' other trucks on major roads when going up hill. They often have a speed limit on them and just block traffic behind. I think the term used for this is elephant racing!

4) Ignorant people who never have time for a please or thank you.

5) Doing the school run and folks who think they can stop anywhere to drop their kids off!

I could go on.....but need to de tilt before tonight's games!

Hope you have a good evening/show, and a quick mention for David Price of the Diamond team on here going well in th UKIPT 6 max @ DTD. Good Luck.
  • edited December 2013
    Evening all.  Have a great show.

I'm lucky in that I rarely get tilted.  I can take a beat and smile about it as I know they are part of the game and next time it will be me giving one out.  The only thing that can annoy me is being slowrolled.  There is a special level of hell reserved for the muppets that think it is ever a good idea to slowroll anyone.  It is the very worst thing a person can do at a poker table and there is never EVER any excuse for it.

Run well everyone and remember, it doesn't matter if you win or lose as long as you enjoy the game
  • edited December 2013
    Ok... 2 seats into Tuesday's turbo open up for grabs for good contributions tonight

Thanks dan!

X
  • edited December 2013
    when its limped round to me in the small blind and i have a junk hand like 8,3 offsuit so i fold even though i am getting ridiculous odds and then the flop comes 833 and the pot ends up being massive.
  • edited December 2013
    Hi A & T

That alias Tikay was asking about earlier (Tapazukie)

Tapper Zukie was a Jamaican Reggae artist.

Cheers
    Mick
  • edited December 2013
    What tilts me?

I could name a number of things which annoy me at the poker table... bad calls getting there, bad chat, bad beats etc etc  but there is genuinely only one thing that tilts me in poker.

Im talking about slowrolling.  If you have the nuts (or near enough) and someone has shoved in all their chips,  you should instantly call.  Even seeing it done to someone else gets me annoyed.  Why would someone purposely choose to prolong the exit of another player from a tournament?  Its not clever... its not cool.  Its terrible sportsmanship and nothing else.  Occassionally people are away on other tables, which is more than fair enough... but on other occasssions you see them type some cruel thing into the chatbox... time right the way down and then call to the bewilderment of everyone else on the table.

No place for it.

URGHHHH.

Anyway, have a nice show :)
  • edited December 2013
    I don't know what's wrong with me, but poker seems to anti-tilt me, chill me out among the craziness of real life which is full of tiltiness (is that even a word?)

Indecisiveness is one that gets me wound up at the moment, in particular at work. Few things that can make you want to start banging your head on the desk than when you're asked to do piece of work A... then as you approach delivery are told A isn't wanted, do B... sigh... then people realise you were right, B isn't right, so do C... only to deliver that and have everyone think that we should have done A after all... no lolz there.

Pedestrians that have no perception of those around them as well... pull out in front of you... dawdle... stop and turn around right into you with no sort of apology... 

Ahhh I need to go and play some cards and forget about this silliness... good luck with the show both!
  • edited December 2013
    He looked at me 'gone out'?

Im 22 and have never ever heard this.

Either im getting old or Tikay is 'cooler' than me...

Im not sure which is worse.
  • edited December 2013
    Tilt

There are numerous things in life that can annoy anyone and we all have different tolerances to different things.

The only thing that really tilts you is YOU!

If you can understand where your tolerances are, then you can control them better amd avoid getting upset (tilting).

PS
    If a door to door salesman knocks my door at tea time he's in for an earfull ! :-))
  • edited December 2013
    what tilts me the most in poker is suffering just as the bubble is about to burst also when I face what is a multiway pot in the late stages of MTT which was caused from limpers.

but the worst of al the min donk bets.

things outside of poker that tilt me those who don't respect the people with mental disabilities.

big changes to my routine
  • edited December 2013
    Did Tikay just say Sch long??? ;-)
  • edited December 2013

Hand History #715891217 (20:12 01/12/2013)

Hi have a great show. Here is a hand from the roller. I have 2 questions.....

1. Should I just fold the turn.
    2. Should I always be raising the river here or is flatting fine??

• edited December 2013
    When a group of people take up the entire width of the pavement so I have to walk in the road.  That really tilts me.  Sometimes I whisper "you rotters" as they pass.  Then I go home and say three hail marys.
  • edited December 2013
    can you show this hand from the super roller? made a really tight fold on the flop!! regret it now :(

• edited December 2013

the tilt of all tilts I have got into the super primo through a sat.

• edited December 2013
    Enjoying the ` Ann teakes `roadshow tonite. Go team purple!!

What tilts me..... ,out on the bubble, bridges, bad drivers and britains got talent.
  • edited December 2013
    Hand History #715918398 from tonights main event.

it's not often I will be in a high stakes MTT so I have a hand I would like analysed

i do a raise with the A9s on the CO but was 3bet on the button now i do the call to see the flop but as soon as it came down i knew i was going to fold.

my question if i am getting a 3bet on the button should i just make the fold preflop
  • edited December 2013
    Hi Mr Tikay and Miss Anna
    GReat show as always,One of the things that tilts me is in slow moving traffic on a dual carriageway being overtaken in between cars by moter bikes,sorry chaps but them little white dotted lines in the middle are not the fast lane.
  • edited December 2013
    Evening. What tilts me is the damn X Factor, do my family not realise sky poker is on on Sunday night. :-)
    Quick question if I can, I am struggling to get my head round the importance of table position. Tikay always explains this things well. Show great as always. Many Thanks
  • edited December 2013
    Rollercoasters tilt me.
  • edited December 2013
    Good Evening Anna & Tikay
    watching your fantastic show 2nite, i've had time away from sky poker through varios reasons but am pleased to say im back, let the bankroll building begin!!!!
    Very pleased to be back to world's greatest poker site!!! Keep up the fantastic work guys!!!
    Stuart
    p.s what tilts me - middle lane hoggers!!!