You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What would you do on the flop here?

edited December 2013 in The Poker Clinic
No real reads, but it feels like he has an overpair here.

What would you do on the flop here, if you are raising what are you making it?

It's 4 handed, with the min 3 bet I feel I have to call!

CarnageSmall blind £0.05£0.05£9.85fram44Big blind £0.10£0.15£5.86 Your hole cardsK9   LARSON7Raise £0.30£0.45£17.47martdiggRaise £0.50£0.95£8.52CarnageCall £0.45£1.40£9.40fram44Fold    LARSON7Call £0.20£1.60£17.27Flop  6107   CarnageCheck    LARSON7Check    martdiggBet £0.90£2.50£7.62CarnageFold    LARSON7?

Comments

• edited December 2013

if you are going to play the flush OOP I think a check raise is the best you can do he might hold KK or AA but their is also the possibility of him holding QQ or JJ. The thing with your hand is if you were to just call then really you would have to just hit and hope if the flush were to come because he does look as though he is the type of player who really will not value bet once that scare card hits.

When you see him do the weak 3bet the best thing would be to fold it preflop as you will probably see him check the flop most days unless he does have that over pair also he is likely to bet weak then if you do a raise he does the jam and if like most players on micro stakes he will struggle to give up the overpair unless it did show the flush.

• edited December 2013
    Hey Craig, yeah I think a check raise, is the best option,

Don't think calling, oop, is a very good play here.

What would everyone raise too, if indeed you think it's  araise?
  • edited December 2013

the size of the raise i think would be to about 2.35 then if he does decide to jam it's done while you still have 2 cards.
    it is in many ways 50/50 if he has AA or KK then you need the 8 or a heart but with JJ and QQ you could still win with your K.
    so £2.35 might allow him to just call but if he does jam you still get the value to call.

• edited December 2013

These min raises seem to be getting quite popular at the moment.  AA/KK doesn't seem that common mind, random names still seem to raise more with these. It's like people have read they need to 3-bet more frequently / take control of the pot and do it with all hands they want to see flops with (mid pairs, suited connectors, suited face cards) but will quite often miss the flop and need to bluff/semi-bluff to take down.

So with that in mind, check-raise seems sensible with an over card possibly good in addition to the flush and gutshot.

In fact, if you have what, 12 outs (9 hearts / 3 8s) then you're almost 50/50 against an overpair anyway right (about 48% is it)?  So even if you c/r and get shoved on it wouldn't be a bad spot to call off?  If the king is live (vs JJ or QQ) then you'd be favourite?

I'm not sure what the best amount would be though, with this thinking?  £2.25 - £2.70 ish?  Maybe a bit more?