You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

should i be just going for it?

edited December 2013 in The Poker Clinic

it's getting to the point where I am loosing chips constantly.
with pocket pairs A high and KQ and sometimes Kxs Qxs I would be jamming if it was folded round to me. but knowing that it might be ages before I get these should i be doing it with most hands and just accept the loss or is the fold the correct thing

craigcu12 Small blind  400.00 400.00 11090.00
hhyftrftdr Big blind  800.00 1200.00 42100.00
  Your hole cards

kwd Fold     
REshipNUTZ Fold     
Bear_Proof Fold     
TIMBER Fold     
craigcu12 Fold     
hhyftrftdr Muck     
hhyftrftdr Win  800.00  42900.00
hhyftrftdr Return  400.00 0.00 43300.00
hhyftrftdr Small blind  500.00 500.00 42900.00
kwd Big blind  1000.00 1500.00 11112.50
  Your hole cards
  • J

REshipNUTZ Fold     
Bear_Proof Fold     
TIMBER Fold     
craigcu12 Fold    9590 chips
hhyftrftdr

Comments

• edited December 2013
    Depends how tight you think the bb is and how he/she reacts to raises. Does bb call frequently to m/r blind on blind? What's his calling range to a shove with these stack sizes?  FWIW against some people im shoving atc in this spot and some others I'm open min raising.  It really is read dependant.

The button hand Im jamming, but this is providing both players are tight in the blinds otherwise throw it away.
  • edited December 2013

the guy in the BB is quite a tight player he does know my own play well so could quite often be putting me on A high preflop. where things would really come into effect is the post flop which he will know from my cash tables that i can be a wide cbetting range.

• edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: should i be just going for it?:
    the guy in the BB is quite a tight player he does know my own play well so could quite often be putting me on A high preflop. where things would really come into effect is the post flop which he will know from my cash tables that i can be a wide cbetting range.
    Posted by craigcu12
    If they both are tight (both hands) then shove.  The sb vs bb is marginal (folding is fine) but if he really does have a very tight range then shove.
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: should i be just going for it? : If they both are tight (both hands) then shove.  The sb vs bb is marginal (fodling is fine) but if he really does have a very tight range then shove.
    Posted by DoubleAAA
    what i probably should have said as well was these hands were both from the super roller where most villians will be tight in low stakes MTTs and BH's even i would admit never raising 76 or jamming the J7 but here they will be mostly much tighter players.
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: should i be just going for it? : what i probably should have said as well was these hands were both from the super roller where most villians will be tight in low stakes MTTs and BH's even i would admit never raising 76 or jamming the J7 but here they will be mostly much tighter players.
    Posted by craigcu12
    Even in the low stakes MTTs Im jamming the J7, unless of course they are loose.  If it's a low-stakes BH then I'm happily folding.  Going back to the 67o, if you m/r is villian quite likely to call? and are you comfortable enough to play him post-flop OOP? If you're not, but he is very tight only calling you with 77+,AJs+,AJo+ then shove.  This range is like 7.2% so he's only ever calling you just under 1 in 14 times.