You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Fairly new and want to play seriously online.

edited December 2013 in Poker Chat
Firstly, hello.

I have been playing poker on and off for four years now. Basically, started on Facebook poker whcih gave me the bug. I then played with friends only three times/ five times a year approx' and kept the facbook play up whic I did well on.

I discovered the online world of poker and and have been playing on sky for two weeks now. First week I put 10 pounds in my account and lost that, this week I put 5 pounds in and now am up to 20 pounds, not much I know but playing small to find my feet.

I was just wondering if what the best free guides are to read and also any advice would be appreciated. I am struggling a bit with percentages, as maths was never my strong but i'm working on that. 

Thanks for any tips in advance.

Comments

• edited December 2013
    In Response to Fairly new and want to play seriously online.:
    Firstly, hello. I have been playing poker on and off for four years now. Basically, started on Facebook poker whcih gave me the bug. I then played with friends only three times/ five times a year approx' and kept the facbook play up whic I did well on. I discovered the online world of poker and and have been playing on sky for two weeks now. First week I put 10 pounds in my account and lost that, this week I put 5 pounds in and now am up to 20 pounds, not much I know but playing small to find my feet. I was just wondering if what the best free guides are to read and also any advice would be appreciated. I am struggling a bit with percentages, as maths was never my strong but i'm working on that.  Thanks for any tips in advance.
    Posted by mogwai115
    I found a link online about a week ago which gives free pdf's of some well known poker books which you might find useful. I'll send you a pm with the info. (if anybody else wants this link let me know)

This is also a good link for odds etc http://www.suntzupoker.com/poker-odds.aspx
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: Fairly new and want to play seriously online.:
    In Response to Fairly new and want to play seriously online. : I found a link online about a week ago which gives free pdf's of some well known poker books which you might find useful. I'll send you a pm with the info. This is also a good link for odds etc  http://www.suntzupoker.com/poker-odds.aspx
    Posted by jdsallstar

Cheers mate. Appreciated.
  • edited December 2013

I think one of the best sources of free information you can get is this forum. Ask away and people will give you some very good replies. The main thing is to be specific in your questions so as to find out what you want to know. The more general the question the bigger and longer the replies which will include a lot you dont want to know. So just ask away either here or in the clinic
  • edited December 2013
    Also, check out badbeat.com

They have some quizzes etc and teach you all about the basics and beyond
  • edited December 2013