You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

IDEA FOR SKY

edited December 2013 in Poker Chat
little idea here for you sky, whether you take it on board or not is entirely up to you but i think its a good one,
firstly sit and gos on sky are pretty much non existant and its fairly understandable seen as the traffic isnt as high on here as it is some of the big sites, also mtt freeze - outs on here are pretty non existant aswell so this what i think could be a sollution.

how about you put some 18 man and some 36 man sngs in the mtt lobby and slap a guarentee on it because some folk are funny that way. so you could have for instance an £11.00 36 man sng ( £360.00 gtd ). top 6 paid.

this way you keep the sng lovers happy, the mtt freeze-out lovers have an alternative to bounty hunters and you dont have to worry about overlay if there isnt much interest, every ones winner!!! what do we think???

Comments

• edited December 2013
    In Response to IDEA FOR SKY:
    little idea here for you sky, whether you take it on board or not is entirely up to you but i think its a good one, firstly sit and gos on sky are pretty much non existant and its fairly understandable seen as the traffic isnt as high on here as it is some of the big sites, also mtt freeze - outs on here are pretty non existant aswell so this what i think could be a sollution. how about you put some 18 man and some 36 man sngs in the mtt lobby and slap a guarentee on it because some folk are funny that way. so you could have for instance an £11.00 36 man sng ( £360.00 gtd ). top 6 paid. this way you keep the sng lovers happy, the mtt freeze-out lovers have an alternative to bounty hunters and you dont have to worry about overlay if there isnt much interest, every ones winner!!! what do we think???
    Posted by THEROCK573
    That's something I would be interested in playing if it was at a lower level also (maybe £1 entry with £36 gtd), but I'm not sure it would have sufficient interest to reach 36 players .. will be interesting to see what others think.
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: IDEA FOR SKY:
    In Response to IDEA FOR SKY : That's something I would be interested in playing if it was at a lower level also (maybe £1 entry with £36 gtd), but I'm not sure it would have sufficient interest to reach 36 players .. will be interesting to see what others think.
    Posted by peter27
    yeah i dont just mean at the £11 level, i was just using that as an example, you would have them running at £1.10, £2.20, £3.30, £5.50, £11.00, £22.00 and £55.00
  • edited December 2013
    I would play them up to the 5.50 level if they had a reasonable structure.
  • edited December 2013

Just couldnt stop laughing at the idea of putting a guarantee on a format that it is not possible to do anything other than pay a set amount. Will never fall short and will never exceed
  • edited December 2013
    I'd probably play them too.

I think this sort of format should be used for some satelites too.
  • edited December 2013
    Sounds good on the face of it, I'd defo be interested.

However I should point out there used to be 18 man and 30 man SnGs in the STT lobby when I first joined the site. They almost never filled up and eventually got scrapped.

Would they be more popular now? Dunno.
  • edited December 2013
     Just couldnt stop laughing at the idea of putting a guarantee on a format that it is not possible to do anything other than pay a set amount. Will never fall short and will never exceed
    Posted by Talon
    its just a physcological thing to get the average joe interested. stick to your free rolls if your just gona mock ideas.
  • edited December 2013
    obviously i know the guarentee cant change guys as clever cloggs has decided to point out, reason behind advertising a guarentee is that the average guy just looking for a gamble will spot the guarentte advertised in the lobby, see how much is to be won and think oh why not il give that a go. gives it more of an mtt feel as well as a sng too. 
  • edited December 2013
    i think the key to making them a success would be to add them to the MTT lobby, rather than SNG lobby...that way you'll get your MTT grinders registering too. I'd be suprised if anything over 12 or 18 seaters managed to get filled though 
  • edited December 2013
    Anything that isn't a Bounty Hunter please...
  • edited December 2013
    Good idea the rock.  Also another idea for sky, perhaps they can make the 'fold' button more visible (perhaps make it flash non-stop) as some people I think cannot seem to find it (you know what I'm talking about here rock, 77 :)

Another idea for sky, make BHs 10% rake and do not rake rebuys and add-ons.

Edit: As chicknmelt pointed out, adding them to the 'tournament' lobby would be beneficial but what about 27 man sngs, top 5 paid like on FT.  1500 chips, 7 min blind levels.
  • edited December 2013
    Good idea the rock.  Also another idea for sky, perhaps they can make the 'fold' button more visible (perhaps make it flash non-stop) as some people I think cannot seem to find it (you know what I'm talking about here rock, 77 :) Another idea for sky, make BHs 10% rake and do not rake rebuys and add-ons.
    Posted by DoubleAAA
    yeah i get ya, this makes it sound like it was me that stationed you though, ha. was quite funny though i have to admit.
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: IDEA FOR SKY : yeah i get ya, this makes it sound like it was me that stationed you though, ha. was quite funny though i have to admit.
    Posted by THEROCK573

You're too good to station me! I did laugh though when I saw what he had, hence my triple barrell. he was obviously chuffed with himself :)
  • edited December 2013
    Logged on to Skypoker. Regged for a 36 man sitngo. Had a shave. Waited for it to fill up. Had another shave.
    Sorry I just cant see it working, 6 man sitn gos take long enough to fill.
  • edited December 2013
    ChicknMelt has covered it imo ....

The reason they do/would struggle to fill is cos no1 goes into the SnG lobby unless you're specifically going to play a HU or DYM in which case that's what you're going to play.

Most/all tournaments at night smash 36 runners so I can't see how they wouldn't easily fill between like 7pm - 10pm if they were just put in the MTT tab.