You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

TOTAL JOKE

deep run in both the main and the mini tonight, had just got in the money in the main and was approaching the money in the mini, sitting fairly comfortable enough in both as turbos go, sky then does its usuall network error that its been doing since the new software was launched. i returned to the main with 3 bbs by the time it let me re connect so this totally ball5ed my chances of any jackpot chance. i no others are experiencing this network error, what the hells going on?

Comments

• edited December 2013
    Sorry to hear that, I have had the new software close on my 3 times now in the past 2 days.
  • edited December 2013
    what speed is your internet connection? I think its to do with that...

I have this problem when connected to my home wireless, but when I tether to my phone, I dont. my broadband is pretty slow at home (around 1Mbps). I guess my phone is a bit quicker.

another trick - sometimes sky takes FOREVER to open after I close it when there was a connection error. diconnect from wls, reconnect, then try opening sky again. much quicker.
  • edited December 2013
    be interesting if you see the same things...
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: TOTAL JOKE:
    what speed is your internet connection? I think its to do with that... I have this problem when connected to my home wireless, but when I tether to my phone, I dont. my broadband is pretty slow at home (around 1Mbps). I guess my phone is a bit quicker. another trick - sometimes sky takes FOREVER to open after I close it when there was a connection error. diconnect from wls, reconnect, then try opening sky again. much quicker.
    Posted by chicknMelt
    im pretty un educated when it comes to computers so i have no idea what speed the connection is, its fine when i play on stars and winamax so i no its sky software thats triggering the problem. ive had router problems in the past and folked out quite a bit of money to have it repaired, was getting problems again last month so ended up buying a brand new router so i dont no what to think, could the new software just maybe have bug or something?
  • edited December 2013
    i also get problems were the tournament lobby wont open so i cant see prize pools forcing me to close sky down and restart., wont let me write a note sometimes, sometimes when all in the just the turn and river card shows, no flop. it has good days and bad with me, i can play away for 6 or 7 hours no problem then another day its just constant lag.
  • edited December 2013
    use this to check your internet speed: http://www.broadbandspeedchecker.co.uk/?&again

what phone do you have? - i might be able to give you instructions on how to connect to your phone instead of your wls (its pretty easy on some phones)

I have the exact same behaviour as you've just described.All the other sites I play on are absolutely fine too, its just sky. I guess the sky sw is just less able to make do with a slow connection.

I had the problem on the old sw too btw. I've started to close it down and open it every break lol.
  • edited December 2013
    my speeds were 2.25Mbps Download and 0.446Mbps upload.

• edited December 2013
    i also get problems were the tournament lobby wont open so i cant see prize pools forcing me to close sky down and restart., wont let me write a note sometimes, sometimes when all in the just the turn and river card shows, no flop. it has good days and bad with me, i can play away for 6 or 7 hours no problem then another day its just constant lag.
    Posted by THEROCK573
    I get this often whereby the lobby won't open so I cannot see prize-pools etc. Usually have to wait until a break to close/re-open.  Buy a cat5 cable and see if you have any connection issues.  This will eliminate any wifi problems.
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: TOTAL JOKE : I get this often whereby the lobby won't open so I cannot see prize-pools etc. Usually have to wait until a break to close/re-open.  Buy a cat5 cable and see if you have any connection issues.  This will eliminate any wifi problems.
    Posted by DoubleAAA
    it will eliminate wifi issues, yes, but I don't think the problem will be with Wifi - he has a new router. Its more likely to be internet traffic in your area slowing down your connection to the point where sky sw breaks, internet connection glitches (fault of the ISP) or just a slow connection. As the problems are intermittent, I'm edging towards the traffic in your area being higher and causing issues on some nights.

so you know, your internet connection is effectively shared by other people in your area, so if everyone in your street is downlaoding something, it will make your connection slower. As a result, you may notice slower downlaod speeds during peak times (7pm-11pm ish).

In my opinion, there are probably some tweaks that can be made to the sky sw to stop this happening too. If other sites can cope, they should be able to aswell. I also think that more people experience this problem than sky might realise...

• edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: TOTAL JOKE : it will eliminate wifi issues, yes, but I don't think the problem will be with Wifi - he has a new router. Its more likely to be internet traffic in your area slowing down your connection to the point where sky sw breaks, internet connection glitches (fault of the ISP) or just a slow connection. As the problems are intermittent, I'm edging towards the traffic in your area being higher and causing issues on some nights. so you know, your internet connection is effectively shared by other people in your area, so if everyone in your street is downlaoding something, it will make your connection slower. As a result, you may notice slower downlaod speeds during peak times (7pm-11pm ish). In my opinion, there are probably some tweaks that can be made to the sky sw to stop this happening too. If other sites can cope, they should be able to aswell. I also think that more people experience this problem than sky might realise...
    Posted by chicknMelt
    i have a bad phone line,crackles a lot when speaking, also cant buy pay per view sports events threw the television as i get an alert pop up saying pleases ensure phone line is connected. could this be a factor you think?
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: TOTAL JOKE : i have a bad phone line,crackles a lot when speaking, also cant buy pay per view sports events threw the television as i get an alert pop up saying pleases ensure phone line is connected. could this be a factor you think?
    Posted by THEROCK573
    yes, it could be related, sounds like you have some interference on your line - and is quite likely the casue IMO.

try plugging a phone into there (if it isn't already) and see if it still crackles... let me know what happens

did you manage to try the speed test thing?
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: TOTAL JOKE : yes, it could be related, sounds like you have some interference on your line - and is quite likely the casue IMO. do you know what a BT master socket is?  http://help2.talktalk.co.uk/setup-support/what-are-master-sockets try plugging a phone into there (if it isn't already) and see if it still crackles... let me know what happens did you manage to try the speed test thing?
    Posted by chicknMelt
    i didnt do the speed test because its asking me to download something, everytime i download something i dont lately it seems to dowload another bunch of unwanted things along with it. il take your word for it though if you say its ok to download.
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: TOTAL JOKE : i didnt do the speed test because its asking me to download something, everytime i download something i dont lately it seems to dowload another bunch of unwanted things along with it. il take your word for it though if you say its ok to download.
    Posted by THEROCK573
    erm, i dont think you need to download anything :S
  • edited December 2013
    http://www.broadbandspeedchecker.co.uk/

just click the "start speed test" button then let us know the results - ignore all the other bumf
  • edited December 2013
    downlaod speed is 3.37 and the upload speed is 0.819
  • edited December 2013
    sounds plenty - I'm thinking it might be something to do with this crackling then...

the reason I said about the master socket: the master socket is where the phone line comes into your house, from there it is routed all over your house, so the place least likely to have any interference is at the master socket. if your phone doesnt crackle when plugged into it (or doesn't crackly as much), then try moving your router there, and you might find that your sky SW behaves a bit better.

another workaround that I have been using, is to connect my laptop to my mobile phone's internet, instead of my home broadband...which wierdly seems to behave much better. If you have an android, or iPhone it should be easy to do this..

some network providors mess with the menu structure slightly, so if the instructinos dont look right for your phone, then search google for "tether [network providor] [phone model]" and you should find some instructions pretty easy
  • edited December 2013
    I have a support job open with Sky for the same problem as you...so I can let you know more when I get another response
  • edited December 2013
    Ok thanks for the info bud.
  • edited December 2013
    Have your internet provider do a line-test as it sounds like you have a faulty phone-line.  This can definitely cause problems with your internet, I had this problem before which was fixed after a lengthy, drawn-out process with Virgin Media.
  • edited December 2013
    Have your internet provider do a line-test as it sounds like you have a faulty phone-line.  This can definitely cause problems with your internet, I had this problem before which was fixed after a lengthy, drawn-out process with Virgin Media.
    Posted by DoubleAAA
    how much did it cost to have it fixed? BT is my providor
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: TOTAL JOKE : how much did it cost to have it fixed? BT is my providor
    Posted by THEROCK573
    BT engineer came out after a call from virgin.  It was free.  FWIW I am now with BT, much better with Fibre Optic 70mb download
  • edited December 2013
    If you have a crackly phone line do not report it to your internet provider,report it to your phone supplier and do not mention broadband it will only confuse the matter,with the phone line fixed the internet should then improve.
  • edited December 2013
    why are the xmas tournaments out of the reach of most small cash table players.  surely we should be rewarded for supporting sky all year and not be asked to play more so we can earn more points.  as is see it only sky really benefit,through the additional rakes.

a reply would be nice, or at least a comment.

from one dissatisfied customer.

arthur martin

email:  arturomart@hotmail.co.uk

ps i have sky broadband, sky tv, sky line rental, i bet the horses on sky and i play a lot of poker
  • edited December 2013
    I don't think it is anything to do with the speed of anyones's network.  I have 20mb speed from Virgin so it is pretty fast.  I think there are programming glitches.  I experience the following and have complained.  Windows close by themselves.  When I click on chat the window closes.  Wrong chip counts, and have even seen people win chips when their hand shouldn't have won? Whats that about?  Clock speeds up before you have chance to see whats going on.  Flop cards disappear?  Too many bad beats.  The software has definately changed!  Come on Sky sort it out.  I am fed up of it just eating up my money.  Their is no play in it.