You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Anyone had any problems with their balance?

edited December 2013 in Poker Chat
Hey,

I was playing at 2 am, and my balance was a certain amount. It was a fiver below a certain milestone, so I know exactly what it was.

I won (£3)!!, and when I came out it said my balance was about £14 odd pound under what it should have been.

I contacted CC and they said that the figure I was looking at was something to do with held funds, and that I was wrong.

I've never had anything like this before, anyone had a similar issue?

Comments

• edited December 2013
    yeah its decreasing by the day
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: Anyone had any problems with their balance?:
    yeah its decreasing by the day
    Posted by THEROCK573
    LOL
  • edited December 2013
    this happenned to me about 18 months ago,  I had just won £50 on one hand and had been on a good run for a few days, all of a sudden my balance was in 'held funds' .  I was told it was to do with fraud and checking to see whether I was a robot or colluding with others!!!!!  My good run ended and I lost the lot soon after, went totally card dead for weeks.  weird.  However, all seems ok again now!!  Maybe I was just playing badly. 

hope you get it sorted.
  • edited December 2013
    You can still play with held funds, you just can't instantly withdraw it. Think it generally happens when you win quite a lot of money on 1 particular table at cash and I've only seen it happen at 30NL+
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Anyone had any problems with their balance?:
    Hey, I was playing at 2 am, and my balance was a certain amount. It was a fiver below a certain milestone, so I know exactly what it was. I won (£3)!!, and when I came out it said my balance was about £14 odd pound under what it should have been. I contacted CC and they said that the figure I was looking at was something to do with held funds, and that I was wrong. I've never had anything like this before, anyone had a similar issue?
    Posted by LARSON7

Hi . .i had the same thing once, when I had had a good session on a cash table . .put in held funds for a day and then all fine.
    Just disappointed that if I do well they think I may be  a robot and obviously not myself!
  • edited December 2013

Guys,

If you go to "My Account", just below your Balance there is a "HELD FUNDS" line. (Normally £0.00). It is a "link" (it is underlined) & if you click that link, it then takes you to this explanation...... 

"Sky Poker has the right to hold any, and all, of a Player's funds indefinitely as a precautionary measure whilst we perform routine checks for fraudulent activity. Fraudulent activity may include, but is not limited to, stolen credit cards, transfer of funds to other Player Accounts (chip dumping), forgery, collusion and the provision of false information.

As a precautionary measure we will hold all Poker winnings for a period of 24 hours. During this time you will not be able to cash out these funds, nor will you be able to use these funds on any other Sky Bet product. However, you may use any, or all, of these Held Funds at any time to continue playing at Sky Poker".

Some of that wording may look a bit sinister, & "heavy", but it's just standard generic stuff, & assuming no improper actions have taken place, there is no need to worry. I would imagine that something completely innocent has triggered the software to check it out. Did you lose a hand to Rich Orford? That would deffo trigger an investigation.   

• edited December 2013
    A very fair question. I certainlly tilt a good deal. Does that count?
  • edited December 2013
    You can still play with held funds, you just can't instantly withdraw it. Think it generally happens when you win quite a lot of money on 1 particular table at cash and I've only seen it happen at 30NL+
    Posted by Lambert180
    Happens at NL20 too mate.
  • edited December 2013
    Lost my balance a few times last night,  but i was at a christmas party..
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: Anyone had any problems with their balance? : Happens at NL20 too mate.
    Posted by splashies
    I've obviously just never won enough at 20NL to have it happen :( lol 
  • edited December 2013
    Come to think of it, I had some funds held when playing cash once, although they wern't held for long, just a few hours.
  • edited December 2013
    Lost my balance a few times last night,  but i was at a christmas party..
    Posted by tomo_efc
    I just popped into this thread to make a similar joke... too late haha!