You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tilting....................

edited December 2013 in Poker Chat
Does anyone here tilt?

My cousin is a quite well known poker player of recent times and taught me and my fella a few things about poker and tilting in online poker, also the things to look for when you're better of shutting down your laptop and not playing. As a result if I get a "bad beat" I lose all interest in the game and log out for the day, or sometimes 2 or 3 days.

My fella withdraws from the site the gave hm the bad beat and plays a different site. So why would anyone tilt, it actually has a name, you know you're doing it, its going to cost you money, you never win when tilting, so why?

BTW, My cousin won $1.1million in 2011, and over 300'000 in 2012.

Comments

• edited December 2013
    In Response to Tilting....................:
    Does anyone here tilt? My cousin is a quite well known poker player of recent times and taught me and my fella a few things about poker and tilting in online poker, also the things to look for when you're better of shutting down your laptop and not playing. As a result if I get a "bad beat" I lose all interest in the game and log out for the day, or sometimes 2 or 3 days. My fella withdraws from the site the gave hm the bad beat and plays a different site. So why would anyone tilt, it actually has a name, you know you're doing it, its going to cost you money, you never win when tilting, so why? BTW, My cousin won $1.1million in 2011, and over 300'000 in 2012.
    Posted by VickiPKR

Is there any sites that he hasn't suffered a bad beat on?
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: Tilting....................:
    In Response to Tilting.................... : Is there any sites that he hasn't suffered a bad beat on?
    Posted by VespaPX
    lol, i dont think so.
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: Tilting.................... : lol, i dont think so.
    Posted by VickiPKR
    lol Does he end up back on the first one after trying all the others?
    Sounds like my wife shoe shopping :-)
  • edited December 2013
    I think he has dropped this site as due to his "spread sheets" he is more likey...oh whatever lol....yeah he keeps playing most of the sites.
  • edited December 2013
    I think I know what u were going to say Vicki but I will. I know on sky the bad beats happen more on sky than any other site. on poker stars be4 they changed double or nothing to 50 50s I played on there,and my rake paid was about half of what profit but on sky my rake is double than my profit.theres other stats to back this up aswell so my spreadsheets say im more likely to get a bad beat on here.so I have stopped playing here as its fishy how many days the VARIENCE as they call it on here kicks in and you cant win a hand no matter what u or you`re oppo ios holding..
  • edited December 2013
    I think I know what u were going to say Vicki but I will. I know on sky the bad beats happen more on sky than any other site. on poker stars be4 they changed double or nothing to 50 50s I played on there,and my rake paid was about half of what profit but on sky my rake is double than my profit.theres other stats to back this up aswell so my spreadsheets say im more likely to get a bad beat on here.so I have stopped playing here as its fishy how many days the VARIENCE as they call it on here kicks in and you cant win a hand no matter what u or you`re oppo ios holding..
    Posted by andysef
    my daily morning  s h i t  talks more sence than this post
  • edited December 2013
    I suffer from tilt all the time, I sometimes fall over because of it. (After a few shandys)
  • edited December 2013
    if u think ya gonna lose ya will lose need to be in the right frame of mind  

if u cba to play u wont win if u think u will get outdrawn u will do  to deal with tilt  playmore tables then ya mind is always busy to even worry about a bad beat etc