You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Constant Limp Callers

edited December 2013 in The Poker Clinic
During a cash session on a 10nl table i was in the company of more than one limp caller, but one in particalur. the villain would donk out 10p every single hand, when i did pick up a decent hand i reraised the villain to 60p. every single hand he would call my reraise & then donk out a bet on the flop, having missed most flops during this session, i was generally calling one street to see if my hand improved on the turn, when it didnt & he bet again i was forced to fold, even when i reraised his donk bet on the flop he still called.
Is it just a case of shortening my opening range of hand's to just the premuim's holdings or is there another way of tackling this type of villain????

Comments

• edited December 2013
    When he called your flop raise, did he check the turn to you?  If so, did you bet the turn?  Another thing, how big would you raise the flop?
  • edited December 2013
    When i continued the turn he flat called, most of the time i had an inflated pot with ace high for example. if the pot was 95p on the flop and he donked out 50p to make the total pot 1.45 id reraise to 1.30
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: Constant Limp Callers:
    When i continued the turn he flat called, most of the time i had an inflated pot with ace high for example. if the pot was 95p on the flop and he donked out 50p to make the total pot 1.45 id reraise to 1.30
    Posted by MrCoxy
    Could well be the guy was just running super-hot hitting everything.  In a situation like this I would probably look to leave the table if it's affecting your game and you cannot find a way to adjust.
  • edited December 2013
    no dont leave- i see ppl given up action or not wanting to play vs the best spots on the table 

fight fire with fire, jus dont be scared to call down lite or value bet lite - u will have the money in no time especially if its jus you and villian always playing the pots and everyone else is too scared 
  • edited December 2013
    in the end i tightened up my range and eventually managed to get back up to my starting stack, the villain must of played literally every hand exactly like i have described for at least an hour!!! i came to the conclusion as it was only 10nl he really didnt care and was happy to play trash every hand, the cards he was turning over were awful but he'd always have sumthing of the board and just go with it.