You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

freerolls

edited January 2014 in Poker Chat
Not enough freerolls does anyone agree

Comments

• edited December 2013
    And playing freerollsfor 10 points is not a freeroll
  • edited December 2013
    Hi Ellis, I don't think there is 2 many freerolls, in arecent thread Sky stated they give away over 100k in freerolls every year, I don't know the exact figure but its quite a lot, might even be 200k or over.

Freerolls are designed to give back to poker players who spend on the site, it's just a little extra.

It's a freeroll because it doesn't cost anything to enter, just poker points.

People that play on the site (in real games for real money) will accrue these points.

If someone doesn't spend any money on the site, it makes sense they shouldn't be able to play "freerolls".

When you 1st join the site, you are given x amount of free points to play in these games.

If you just enjoy playing (not for money) there is a play tables, where you can play without risking anymoney.

• edited December 2013
    In Response to freerolls:
    Not enough freerolls does anyone agree
    Posted by ellis50
    Damn right.
    More freerolls Sky!
    Oh, what's the password again?
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: freerolls:
    Hi Ellis, I don't think there is 2 many freerolls, in arecent thread Sky stated they give away over 100k in freerolls every year, I don't know the exact figure but its quite a lot, might even be 200k or over. Freerolls are designed to give back to poker players who spend on the site, it's just a little extra. It's a freeroll because it doesn't cost anything to enter, just poker points. People that play on the site (in real games for real money) will accrue these points. If someone doesn't spend any money on the site, it makes sense they shouldn't be able to play "freerolls". When you 1st join the site, you are given x amount of free points to play in these games. If you just enjoy playing (not for money) there is a play tables, where you can play without risking anymoney.
    Posted by LARSON7
    I believe the figure for scheduled Freerolls was quoted as £230,000 per year, & over £300,000 per year if you add in ad-hoc freerolls & the like. (Say, "Freezing Freerolls" in the depths of winter & such-like).

Quite a tidy number, however you dress it up.

• edited December 2013
    Don't forget the freeroll festival SKY had at the start of the year.  They were fun, especially if you took one down :)
  • edited December 2013
    Hi Ellis, I don't think there is 2 many freerolls, in arecent thread Sky stated they give away over 100k in freerolls every year, I don't know the exact figure but its quite a lot, might even be 200k or over. Freerolls are designed to give back to poker players who spend on the site, it's just a little extra. It's a freeroll because it doesn't cost anything to enter, just poker points. People that play on the site (in real games for real money) will accrue these points. If someone doesn't spend any money on the site, it makes sense they shouldn't be able to play "freerolls". When you 1st join the site, you are given x amount of free points to play in these games. If you just enjoy playing (not for money) there is a play tables, where you can play without risking anymoney.
    Posted by LARSON7
    Okay guys,thanks for the replies,will just have to play freerolls on PKR,plenty on there for poor pensioners lol,but will keep looking,incase they decide to add more real freerolls .

thanks again,

ellis50.
  • edited December 2013
    ANOTHER FREEROLL DEBATE I THINK SKY DO MORE THAN ENOUGH WITH FREEROLLS AND WHAT ABOUT THE £5000 FREEROLL AND A UKPC SEAT..AND IF U EARN 50+ POINTS ON 5 SEPERATE DAYS IN DEC.. THE DOUBLE REWARDS POINTS IS A FANTASTIC THING FOR LOW STAKE PLAYERS LIKE MYSELF SO THANK YOU SKY AND YEA THERE ARE ENOUGH FREEROLLS
  • edited December 2013
    Seems like a classic case of someone wanting something for nothing. As the saying goes.. 'Theres no such thing as a free lunch'. I think the freerolls on Sky are decent and obviously it would be nice if there were more or with bigger pools but Sky have a business plan which I think caters for freerolls pretty well.
  • edited December 2013
    Seems like a classic case of someone wanting something for nothing. As the saying goes.. 'Theres no such thing as a free lunch'. I think the freerolls on Sky are decent and obviously it would be nice if there were more or with bigger pools but Sky have a business plan which I think caters for freerolls pretty well.
    Posted by BUFC
    Yep!

I can't afford to go to Alton Towers everyday. Because of this, should they let me go on one ride for an hour or so everyday, for free? So I can get my rollercoaster fix....
  • edited December 2013
    I think the amount of freerolls are great. The number of free tournaments you can enter for 500 points is amazing. I'm not bothered about the money, but the opportunity to practice against real opponents with zero risk is invaluable. 

Obviously there are problems attached in that I think people are more inclined to go all in at any given opportunity (like the second they are dealt a picture card), whereas I think people are (slightly) more careful when they've had to pay to enter.

But still I think it's great. 
  • edited December 2013
    I think the amount of freerolls are great. The number of free tournaments you can enter for 500 points is amazing. I'm not bothered about the money, but the opportunity to practice against real opponents with zero risk is invaluable.  Obviously there are problems attached in that I think people are more inclined to go all in at any given opportunity (like the second they are dealt a picture card), whereas I think people are (slightly) more careful when they've had to pay to enter. But still I think it's great. 
    Posted by PokerNoon
    Hehehehe that got you all going didn't it
  • edited January 2014
    There are more freerolls running now than there were when I started this;

http://tinyurl.com/a8cb7pq.

So I disagree.
  • edited December 2013
    ellis you kidder
  • edited December 2013
    ellis you kidder
    Posted by LARSON7
    loooool
  • edited January 2014
    i do not have any freerolls on the site they stopped at the new year why

• edited January 2014
    i do not have any freerolls on the site they stopped at the new year why
    Posted by eagle10
    Check to make sure you've not clicked a filter on the filter settings if you can't see any freerolls.