You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Poker Rewards and Freerolls, FAO Sky

edited December 2013 in Poker Chat
Hey!

I contacted customer care today regarding Poker Rewards.

I don't think you can post on here the actually transcript, but they told me that in entering freerolls this was deducted from "poker points".

By "poker points" I mean the points you accrue over the month playing cash tournies etc. If you get 500 points you get a fiver.

Customer care told me that the entry for freerolls was deducted from this. So I have 500 pp, and play a 50 point freeroll they are saying that this is deducted from my 500 so after entering the freeroll, I would have 450 points.

I am pretty sure you accrue points for freerolls.

There is abit in your account "Free Tokens and Bonuses: £0.00 Total Poker Points: 2997"

These are also called poker points (as well), I thought this is what was used for freerolls.

These can only be used for freerolls they have no cash value at any time.

I said that to customer care and they told me I was wrong.

Can someone from Sky please clarify what the position on this is?

Thank you

Comments

• edited December 2013
    Agreed

I thought that entry to freerolls were taken from your "Total Poker Points" and not your "Monthly Reward points".

Perhaps a change of name for these is needed for clarification purposes??

Edit
    They must come from your "Total Points" because a new player (gets 500 points) who doesn't deposit , and therefore earn Reward Points wouldn't be able to enter freerolls.

"Poker Points

All new registrations will receive 500 Poker Points. Use these points to enter our regular freerolls".

• edited December 2013
    Poker points for freerolls are definitely taken from just the amount you build up over time. If you earned 200 points but spent 100 on freerolls, you would not get £1 (which is what 100 points gets), yuo'd get the value of 200 points.

Without having a go at them, CC aren't always the most knowledgeable when it comes to these kind of things but essentially every single point you earn in a month goes towards your Rewards payment regardless of whether you enter freerolls or leave them unused.

People used to find it confusing when there was League Points and Poker Points for C4P AND the same Poker Points but for freerolls and now it's a bit better but still could probably be a bit clearer.

Maybe just have 2 different names for them that fill up exactly the same as they do now but one is called Reward Points and the other is called something else.... Frequent Player Points, Freeroll Points, Poker Points, whatever u wanna call it, just so people know that Reward Points are their own thing and don't get affected by using points.
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: Poker Rewards and Freerolls, FAO Sky:
    Poker points for freerolls are definitely taken from just the amount you build up over time. If you earned 200 points but spent 100 on freerolls, you would not get £1 (which is what 100 points gets), yuo'd get the value of 200 points. Without having a go at them, CC aren't always the most knowledgeable when it comes to these kind of things but essentially every single point you earn in a month goes towards your Rewards payment regardless of whether you enter freerolls or leave them unused. People used to find it confusing when there was League Points and Poker Points for C4P AND the same Poker Points but for freerolls and now it's a bit better but still could probably be a bit clearer. Maybe just have 2 different names for them that fill up exactly the same as they do now but one is called Reward Points and the other is called something else.... Frequent Player Points, Freeroll Points, Poker Points, whatever u wanna call it, just so people know that Reward Points are their own thing and don't get affected by using points.
    Posted by Lambert180
    That's not what customer care said.
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: Poker Rewards and Freerolls, FAO Sky : That's not what customer care said.
    Posted by LARSON7
    Lol I know, but I've spoke to people from CC before who literally don't know what a satellite is. I've been given a ton of incorrect info from CC in the past. 
  • edited December 2013
    hope that helps was on a thread from a while ago i remembered about as i use my  points during the month and it does not come of my cfps payment.

the reply below is from sky poker

Rewards payments are based on how many points you earn in the month, if you spend points it does not affect your payment - you will notice the points bar does not move when you do spend them. We points deduct them from your balance once the payment is made as you highlighted. At the moment, if you spend them during the month before we do this, you've benefitted which is fine.

and the thread.

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby?action=show_static&page=poker_community_forums&plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3a57795ac2-1793-4377-b4cf-e124b0f555f4Forum%3adf77f82c-151f-4bea-aae1-fb423dcae1faDiscussion%3a896b08ca-8d66-4dd2-8eac-5f2b3fa2f41c&plckCurrentPage=3

hope that helps...and good luck   churchy
  • edited December 2013
    I think that a couple of times before Sky have confirmed that any points that you use for the freeroll tournaments on offer do not affect your monthly poker points total.

• edited December 2013
    Agreed I thought that entry to freerolls were taken from your "Total Poker Points" and not your "Monthly Reward points". Perhaps a change of name for these is needed for clarification purposes?? Edit They must come from your "Total Points" because a new player (gets 500 points) who doesn't deposit , and therefore earn Reward Points wouldn't be able to enter freerolls. "Poker Points All new registrations will receive 500 Poker Points. Use these points to enter our regular freerolls".
    Posted by VespaPX
    saiid all this b years ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Poker Rewards and Freerolls, FAO Sky:
    Hey! I contacted customer care today regarding Poker Rewards. I don't think you can post on here the actually transcript, but they told me that in entering freerolls this was deducted from "poker points". By "poker points" I mean the points you accrue over the month playing cash tournies etc. If you get 500 points you get a fiver. Customer care told me that the entry for freerolls was deducted from this. So I have 500 pp, and play a 50 point freeroll they are saying that this is deducted from my 500 so after entering the freeroll, I would have 450 points. I am pretty sure you accrue points for freerolls. There is abit in your account " Free Tokens and Bonuses: £0.00 Total Poker Points: 2997" These are also called poker points (as well), I thought this is what was used for freerolls. These can only be used for freerolls they have no cash value at any time. I said that to customer care and they told me I was wrong. Can someone from Sky please clarify what the position on this is? Thank you
    Posted by LARSON7
    Hi Larson,

Just to clarify, as others have touched upon, points you use to enter freerolls will not affect your Sky Poker Rewards payout. It just comes off your total points balance that you accrue. What you earn in the month is what you get bonused on, irrelevant of freeroll entry deductions.

Apologies for the misinformation from CC.
  • edited December 2013
    Not the first time I've seen confusion about this on the forums.

The easy way to remember it is to actually ignore the total on your Sky Poker Rewards ticker bar widget thing. Think of it like this: you earn poker points everytime you play and they never go down, unless you spend them on freerolls. Additionally, you will earn a cash bonus based on how many you earn per month, regardless of whether you spend any on freerolls.