You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Just need to let it out

Soooooo anyway, I am playing the 10K BH and have this player at our table that is just calling with anything and I mean ANYTHING 32 off 27 off the works.

Obviously I adjust my play accordingly, even the other guys at the table were in the chat saying things like 'what can I do to beat this person' as they seem to hit almost all the time.

I get dealt AA, this person limps again for 80, I raise 6BB and all fold to said person, they call it. So I am guessing OK must have something strong this time, flop comes 322 rainbow, I bet 1000, they shove so I call, they show K2!! And I bust out, why do some people play poker like they are simple gambling!

Sorry guys I know it's not a bad beat or anything, but this player was shoving with anything and everything and I thought they were bluffing it, I know you'll all say it was my own fault but it so frustrating losing to a player like that.

Comments

• edited December 2013
    In Response to Just need to let it out:
    Soooooo anyway, I am playing the 10K BH and have this player at our table that is just calling with anything and I mean ANYTHING 32 off 27 off the works. Obviously I adjust my play accordingly, even the other guys at the table were in the chat saying things like 'what can I do to beat this person' as they seem to hit almost all the time. I get dealt AA, this person limps again for 80, I raise 6BB and all fold to said person, they call it. So I am guessing OK must have something strong this time, flop comes 322 rainbow, I bet 1000, they shove so I call, they show K2!! And I bust out, why do some people play poker like they are simple gambling! Sorry guys I know it's not a bad beat or anything, but this player was shoving with anything and everything and I thought they were bluffing it, I know you'll all say it was my own fault but it so frustrating losing to a player like that.
    Posted by fishtales
    its annoying but these guys dont last very long usually, be patient and dont start gambling marginal spots with him, just do what you did this time, set him up and bust him, ur just unfortunate that he outflopped you.
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: Just need to let it out:
    In Response to Just need to let it out : its annoying but these guys dont last very long usually, be patient and dont start gambling marginal spots with him, just do what you did this time, set him up and bust him, ur just unfortunate that he outflopped you.
    Posted by THEROCK573
    Cheers Rock, it did make me feel better when I went and checked the lobby to find out that person was out no more than 10 hands later.

Although it would have been nice to still be playing, like you say in the long run I will win, I know it just wound me up at the time, but I'm all good now.
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: Just need to let it out:
    In Response to Just need to let it out : its annoying but these guys dont last very long usually, be patient and dont start gambling marginal spots with him, just do what you did this time, set him up and bust him, ur just unfortunate that he outflopped you.
    Posted by THEROCK573
    Hahaha, unfortunate? That he was set-up with AA and a "lucky" player was dealt 222. . .  rotfl