You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Some Improvements Released Today (06/12/2013) - "The use of Enter to Bet"

Hi All,

On the back of Feedback that we have been receiving from you guys we have released another improvement to the software today.

Some of you were saying that you were having an issue with auto-focus, which could result in placing a bet by accident with the enter key, due to the table refocusing when you were chatting on another table.

Whilst we could not directly recreate the scenario with the chat box, we believe it was being caused by multiple entries of the enter key, which would result in a table taking focus and then min betting.

With today’s improvement this should no longer be possible, since pressing the enter key will no longer place a bet at a table unless you have already taken an action to alter the bet size. This means that you cannot use enter to place a bet on a table which is in focus without first:

•        Clicking on the quick bet buttons (3BB,4BB, Pot, All in etc)
  •        Adjusting the bet slider
  •        Adjusting bet size (arrow keys, mouse wheel. +/- either side of the bet slider)
  •        Manually typing a bet into the bet size box.

Please let us know how you get on with this, we think it is a much better solution, which still enables the enter key to be used to quickly place bets.

As mentioned previously the new software has allowed us to make these quick improvements on the back of feedback that you guys have been giving us. Please keep this coming so that we can continue to make these improvements alongside the work that we are doing on the classic mini view and tablet development. 

Thanks 

Sam

Comments

• edited January 2014
    In Response to Some Improvements Released Today (06/12/2013) - "The use of Enter to Bet":
    Hi All, On the back of Feedback that we have been receiving from you guys we have released another improvement to the software today. Some of you were saying that you were having an issue with auto-focus, which could result in placing a bet by accident with the enter key, due to the table refocusing when you were chatting on another table.   Whilst we could not directly recreate the scenario with the chat box, we believe it was being caused by multiple entries of the enter key, which would result in a table taking focus and then min betting. With today’s improvement this should no longer be possible, since pressing the enter key will no longer place a bet at a table unless you have already taken an action to alter the bet size. This means that you cannot use enter to place a bet on a table which is in focus without first:           C licking on the quick bet buttons (3BB,4BB, Pot, All in etc)         A djusting the bet slider         Adjusting bet size (arrow keys, mouse wheel. +/- either side of the bet slider)         M anually typing a bet into the bet size box.   Please let us know how you get on with this, we think it is a much better solution, which still enables the enter key to be used to quickly place bets. As mentioned previously the new software has allowed us to make these quick improvements on the back of feedback that you guys have been giving us. Please keep this coming so that we can continue to make these improvements alongside the work that we are doing on the classic mini view and tablet development.  Thanks  Sam
    Posted by Sky_SamT
    Sam this is still happening. Tonight I was playing a deepie and chatting on another table. As I pressed enter to post my chat the auto focus must have switched to my other table and  I found myself allin. I'm not sure of the action before me, I was 3rd to act I think, but I had about 20K and it put me all in and cost me 8K when I was called. I am 100% certain that this was my first action in the hand.

FYI I'm using the download and had autofocus on.
  • edited January 2014
    SKYPOKER I really would like a response to this as you have said the issue was fixed.
  • edited January 2014
    Hi FlyingDagg,

I can see the hand in question that you refer to. 

We are trying to recreate the issue but as yet we have had no success with it. We have tested the issue which prompted the initial change and there isn't a problem with it. Yours being an all in is slightly different and as said is something that we are struggling to recreate. 

We will keep investigating this, if there is anymore information that you could give us to assist us that would be great. Were you typing numbers? Did you use the mouse or were just clicking enter etc...

Thanks

Sam
  • edited January 2014
    I only used the mouse to click on the chatbox. As far as I remember I wasn't typing any numbers only words. As soon as I had finished typing in chatbox I pressed enter and I was allin immediately. There's really nothing else I can tel you.
  • edited January 2014
    OK it's happened again and this fills all the criteria in your opening post. I was typing in chatbox on another table pressed enter as the new hand was dealt. I was UTG and didn't have time to place a bet, use slider etc. It raise my opening bet 3x.

Hand ID 728588997
  • edited January 2014
    This is getting beyond a joke. Twice in 1 night. It's done it again and I turned auto focus OFF after the last incident. This time UTG raises to  200 as I press enter on other table chatbox it reraises me to 3001.

Hand ID 729204888
  • edited January 2014
    Hi FlyingDagg,

Thank you for providing hand numbers. I will continue to investigate this.

Sam