You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

SMIT_IS_LOST?

edited January 2014 in Poker Chat
do you want his phone number?

Comments

• edited December 2013
    Smitilos or Smit-is-lost

Don't be shy fella - we know your out there :)

Let the haters hate............Vlogs, Blogs & Flogs....Your Country NEEDS You

Smitti can be calibrated like a digital vernier......always precise & true in a varying degree of measurements.

Mine is capable of measureing 150mm...no more....no less

The "Smitty vernier" is capable of a varying degree of accuracy, sometimes without any concerns to height, width or depth, however, always with some degree of accuracy.

I could tell you an apple is an apple, however, smitty would always convince me that apples are sometimes "Pear shaped"

I cannot lie......Sometimes I like to buy things that come straight out of the box......no surprises....it does exactly what it says on the tin.....not smitty.....he questions everything about the packaging and what's inside the box, and tbf, why shouldn't we question things?......Just cause I tell you it does exactly what it says on the tin....does that mean that is all it is capable of?....or....if we looked at it from another angle, could it do more?

Poker sometimes does what it says on the tin, but more often than not, it does exactly the opposite because it is all down to circumstance at that very given moment in time. The same hand, played in the same way at a different table could give us completely different results.

Questioning, what's outside of the box and not what we would generally expect is something that Smitty does very well. We don't always have to agree, however, unless we question every aspect of the game....how will we and the game ever progress?

The "Smitilos Marmite"  I call it...you either love it or hate it, but none of us can deny it's popularity.

Bring back the Smitty Marmite I say - Don't hide it away in a cupboard     
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: SMIT_IS_LOST?:
    do you want his phone number?
    Posted by THEROCK573
    Not sure I was trying to start a dating page tbh -    Is he single? :) 
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: SMIT_IS_LOST? : Not sure I was trying to start a dating page tbh -    Is he single? :) 
    Posted by POKERTREV
    no idea trev, wasnt trying to match make or anything :-) just thought if you missed him so bad then maybe you should give him a bell thats all.
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: SMIT_IS_LOST? : no idea trev, wasnt trying to match make or anything :-) just thought if you missed him so bad then maybe you should give him a bell thats all.
    Posted by THEROCK573
    I miss sky santa too ......Have u got his number? :)
  • edited January 2014
    Been unable to show my appreciation for this thread 'til now but...

THANK YOU TREV. Every line on your post put a massive (although slightly "special") smile on my face. Very much appreciated, and I'll endeavour to make up for lost ground mate.

This thread has been bookmarked for whenever I have a brutal session. Thanks again sir. *salutes*
  • edited January 2014
    Smit has been making friends:)
  • edited January 2014
    Smit has been making friends:)
    Posted by LARSON7
    Me and SkyDave are closer than EVER.
    I know deep down he loves me anyway <3 Banning people must just be his way of showing his affection, right??...
    Love you too Davey!
  • edited January 2014
    lol you were never  banned?

Shocker
  • edited January 2014
    lol you were never  banned? Shocker
    Posted by LARSON7
    He was deffo banned at some point cos I was looking at an old thread that he started recently and the OP was gone (cos all forum posts are hidden/deleted during a ban).
  • edited January 2014
    if you haven't been banned at some point you haven't lived
    welcome back smitty
  • edited January 2014
    I was once banned From a Night Club for wearing trainers.....................

I have a preference for wearing trainers....but, they may not be tollerated in some places.....(Like Night Clubs) for instance.

Does that make them wrong?......NO.........

Wearing high healed shoes on a basket ball court (Down the Gym for instance) would be entirely in-appropriate, and in that instance you would be most certainly banned or asked to leave.

Smitty wears both Trainers & High Heals........not always in the right place at the right time....but both perfectly acceptable depending on your point of view or the place in question.

Welcome home Smitty. :)

• edited January 2014
    Since every post he has made have now disappeared from the forum i think the words SMIT IS LOST should be followed with FOREVER ! :)  nh wp gg
  • edited January 2014
    shame - he did talk some sense

Unsurprisingly, a00rock, GELDY, TommyD and Tikay, have replied with calculated rebuttals. Addressing OPs critique without any sort of degredation. I disagree with the view they hold, but it's a big thumbs-up to them, because of the way they delivered their opinion. Awesome, as usual.

but he did have a tendency to get a little carried away with his views at times. even he should have seen how this one was going to end. in fact i can only assume that this was a form of forum suicide - death by mod!
  • edited January 2014
    Theres another thread on this forum about real life. Kind of brings this geezers ego/delusions crashing down to earth with a bump imo. 
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    +1

The guy is like marmite.......I dislike marmite
  • edited January 2014
    he,s too intellegent.for me anyway,i didnt wanna argue with him he,d wrap me round his little finger.
    he seemed to do discussions hoping for a good debate then someone would irk him then he would seem to come over with this massive ego to try to prove how right he was,i liked him deep down
  • edited January 2014
    The guy was a breath of fresh air when he first popped up, baiting the regs, posting amusing little vids on YouTube and stating his grandiose dreams of taking his poker skills all the way to Ivey's Room.

Transpired he is a reclusive bore who de-regged/didn't turn up for any live events he qualified for while being happy to critique any other regs who had made successful forays into live poker (LJamesL, LeChoss and Scotty for starters) and spent his downtime writing verbose posts on each and every subject that caught his eye. Used the word "debate" repeatedly then just shouted down any opposing views with another thesis sized chunk of text. It all got so boring.

Reckon I'm not the only person who ended up disappointed at how it all turned out....
  • edited January 2014
    The guy was a breath of fresh air when he first popped up, baiting the regs, posting amusing little vids on YouTube and stating his grandiose dreams of taking his poker skills all the way to Ivey's Room. Transpired he is a reclusive bore who de-regged/didn't turn up for any live events he qualified for while being happy to critique any other regs who had made successful forays into live poker (LJamesL, LeChoss and Scotty for starters) and spent his downtime writing verbose posts on each and every subject that caught his eye. Used the word "debate" repeatedly then just shouted down any opposing views with another thesis sized chunk of text. It all got so boring. Reckon I'm not the only person who ended up disappointed at how it all turned out....
    Posted by SJspanky1
    Couldnt have put it better myself, hes so far up himself its unreal, constantly putting down other players achievments to make himself feel better about himself. the really sad thing is though is hes actually a good player but spoils himself by his arrogance and put downs of others, rather than diss other good players achievements  why not go out there and match them or even better them and people might respect him more, anyone can sit and tell everyone how good they are from behind there safe computer desk, go prove it i say!!!
  • edited January 2014
    The guy was a breath of fresh air when he first popped up, baiting the regs, posting amusing little vids on YouTube and stating his grandiose dreams of taking his poker skills all the way to Ivey's Room. Transpired he is a reclusive bore who de-regged/didn't turn up for any live events he qualified for while being happy to critique any other regs who had made successful forays into live poker (LJamesL, LeChoss and Scotty for starters) and spent his downtime writing verbose posts on each and every subject that caught his eye. Used the word "debate" repeatedly then just shouted down any opposing views with another thesis sized chunk of text. It all got so boring. Reckon I'm not the only person who ended up disappointed at how it all turned out....
    Posted by SJspanky1
    Yeah was a real shame, he was a good addition to the forums to begin with, started out entertaining and funny.

I'm sure he's a nice guy, just seemed he was craving attention.

Unfortunatly his way of doing that was by abusing others and manufacturing arguments.

• edited January 2014

he probable tried to take his views into the real world and ended up sitting on his backside a few times as we all know its different from the safety of a screen

he could respond to this for lack of punctuation
  • edited January 2014
       He probably tried to take his views into the real world and ended up sitting on his backside a few times, as we all know it's different from the safety of a screen. He could respond to this for lack of punctuation.
    Posted by daphne56
    Here to help :)
  • edited January 2014
    Erm hello everybody..

Not entirely sure you should all be slagging off a player when he has no right to reply..

Just a thought!

xx