You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sunday's Primo - with James & Stu (***OFFICIAL LIVE SHOW THREAD***)

edited December 2013 in Poker Chat
It's the morning after the night before.

Right now, I'm in the process of "recovering" from the Channel 861 Christmas drinks gathering. There are certain members of the on-air team (mentioning no-one with the initials R.J.) who'll probably take the entire weekend to recover. Expect a fair few anecdotes on Sunday's show!

Anyway, after two Super Rollers in a row (we really are spoiling you lovely people), this weekend sees the return of the...

For the most part, our five-hour live show will be dedicated to this tournament. So, please let us know if you're playing Sunday's main event, especially if you manage to satellite in. We welcome your hand requests from both the Primo and its little brother the Mini Primo.

You can also expect some bonus coverage from this week's UKPC Final, plus we'll be dropping in from time to time on the televised Master Cash tables, and witnessing the heroes earning Double Rewards.

On the subject of cash, don't forget about Lambert180's 'Spin Up' Challenge. Hopefully, we'll be talking to Paul, via Skype, about this contest.

Please let us know if you're giving it a go (there are Bounty Hunter seats up for grabs), and how you're getting on. Also, please send in your own ideas for Sky Poker Community challenges. With 2014 just around the corner, it's a great time to set some goals.

Mr Rutter and I will see you on Sunday at 7pm.

E-mail:  skyopen@bskyb.com
Twitter:  #SkyPokerTV

Comments

• edited December 2013
    Hi guys have a good show

Since you mention challenges i think a great challenge for 2014 would be to see if any player could win all of the nightly main events within the year.

Was talking to TommyD about this a few weeks ago and we dont think its been done yet although some players have got close to doing it.

Sky could put up some type of leaderboard and add names of players as they win each main event and how many more they need to do etc.

Obvi its a very tough thing to do and you only have 52 shots at each days main within the year but i think it would be a very interesting challenge to follow and a challenge wouldnt really be a challenge if it were too easy to achieve.

Cheers Kev
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: Sunday's Primo - with James & Stu (***OFFICIAL LIVE SHOW THREAD***):
    Hi guys have a good show Since you mention challenges i think a great challenge for 2014 would be to see if any player could win all of the nightly main events within the year. Was talking to TommyD about this a few weeks ago and we dont think its been done yet although some players have got close to doing it. Sky could put up some type of leaderboard and add names of players as they win each main event and how many more they need to do etc. Obvi its a very tough thing to do and you only have 52 shots at each days main within the year but i think it would be a very interesting challenge to follow and a challenge wouldnt really be a challenge if it were too easy to achieve. Cheers Kev
    Posted by Diminuendo
    Wow!

Great idea, Kev.

• edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: Sunday's Primo - with James & Stu (***OFFICIAL LIVE SHOW THREAD***):
    Hi guys have a good show Since you mention challenges i think a great challenge for 2014 would be to see if any player could win all of the nightly main events within the year. Was talking to TommyD about this a few weeks ago and we dont think its been done yet although some players have got close to doing it. Sky could put up some type of leaderboard and add names of players as they win each main event and how many more they need to do etc. Obvi its a very tough thing to do and you only have 52 shots at each days main within the year but i think it would be a very interesting challenge to follow and a challenge wouldnt really be a challenge if it were too easy to achieve. Cheers Kev
    Posted by Diminuendo
    Tis a good idea and could probably do something similar for the Mini too.
  • edited December 2013
    Posted by Diminuendo
    I had a look at this last year and made a post called the grand slam of Sky poker.

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby?action=show_static&page=poker_community_forums&plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3a57795ac2-1793-4377-b4cf-e124b0f555f4Forum%3adf77f82c-151f-4bea-aae1-fb423dcae1faDiscussion%3a39f0df52-65b1-447d-b240-c0e31555934a

Divsdreams didnt manage it in the end but at the time he was on a sick run so I thought it might be possible.
  • edited December 2013
    hiya james just thought I would pop on to say I am playing the primo tonight after finishing 2nd overall in the dtd over 5 weeks and ive got myself a seat in tonights event gl to all who are playing
  • edited December 2013

Have a Great Show Guys,

Best of Luck to FLASHJONNY (TPT) in tonights Primo run golden m8.

Also here's wishing Happy Birthday to FORUM DTD, which is now 3 Years Old, is great to see that its lasted that long & it's all down to the guys & girls who play it week in, week out. Also a Big Thank You to Sky Poker who have supported it since Day 1 by way of giving us Prizes for it every week & Month, which imo is a Fantastic Gesture. 
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: Sunday's Primo - with James & Stu (***OFFICIAL LIVE SHOW THREAD***) : I had a look at this last year and made a post called the grand slam of Sky poker. https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby?action=show_static&page=poker_community_forums&plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3a57795ac2-1793-4377-b4cf-e124b0f555f4Forum%3adf77f82c-151f-4bea-aae1-fb423dcae1faDiscussion%3a39f0df52-65b1-447d-b240-c0e31555934a Divsdreams didnt manage it in the end but at the time he was on a sick run so I thought it might be possible.
    Posted by jonjo75
    'The Grand Slam of Sky Poker'. I like!

Any more ideas?
  • edited December 2013
        Have a Great Show Guys,   Best of Luck to FLASHJONNY (TPT) in tonights Primo run golden m8.   Also here's wishing Happy Birthday to FORUM DTD, which is now 3 Years Old, is great to see that its lasted that long & it's all down to the guys & girls who play it week in, week out. Also a Big Thank You to Sky Poker who have supported it since Day 1 by way of giving us Prizes for it every week & Month, which imo is a Fantastic Gesture. 
    Posted by DTWBANDIT
    Congrats on reaching the three-year milestone, Michael.

We'll definitely give the Forum DTD a shout-out on tonight's show.

• edited December 2013

good evening all.

looking forward to the show.

one idea I have for next year we could set up some records for instance what the lowest chip stack is to have managed to recover and win a MTT. the most royal flushes in one year. 
    maybe a leader board on the total number of times that someone has passed the bubble of the main and mini events.

• edited December 2013
    i like your idea Diminuendo, but is it really achievable? Has anyone in the history of Sky Poker won seven main events in total, let alone seven different ones in one year?
  • edited December 2013
    hi,
    petman05.
    This is my 1st comment so excuse any mistakes

Im playing in the semi of the UKPC tonite with my allin ticket fm tuesday (£2.80). Hoping the river gods are klnd to me tonite.

Regularly watch the live shows and enjoy the banter and great advice thats given freely.

keep up the good work and wish me luck. Thankyou
  • edited December 2013
    Hi James & Stu,

Am hoping to be in the ME and mini tonight if I can satellite in to the ME that is, just come 4th twice in a row and got £11 each time!! I shall try AGAIN! 
  • edited December 2013
    Hi James

Moving along with the Dims idea, I have been thinking lately of starting a leaderboard from the start of 2014 until the end of 2014 with regards to Main and Mini event finishes, keeping it simple for example

Main Event / Mini Event 20:00 / 20:30 each and every night

1st place = 50 points
    2nd place = 25 points
    3rd place = 15 points
    4th place = 10 points 
    5th place = 7 points
    6th place = 5 points
    7th place = 4 points
    8th place = 3 points
    9th place = 2 points
    10th place = 1 point

Obviously working alongside Gary QQQs thread who actually shows the positions of each nights main tournaments and extracting this info on both the main and mini will show who from the community manages to run deep and final table on a regular basis, hence the need to provide a winner with 50 points as it very hard to win a tournament with say 400 or more people, and some as we know do achieve this on a regular basis.

Please can the community let me know their thoughts on this, as I am happy to organise a thread for this with a few suggestions or any ideas they have of their own, and I will happily update the thread once at least per week if not as and when I am on.

Any ideas???

Chris

POKEY2011

BRISTOL
  • edited December 2013
    Hi Guys,

I had zero in my account today and played a freeroll at 10am won it for £5.30 used that money to play in the £2.40 early satelitte into the primo, I finished 2nd then plaed semi at 3pm and finished 7th collecting a seat for the primo so really im in for 10 poker points.
  • edited December 2013
    i like your idea Diminuendo, but is it really achievable? Has anyone in the history of Sky Poker won seven main events in total, let alone seven different ones in one year?
    Posted by Slipwater
    I know one lucky Button clicker who has won 8 main events this year to date, although not each day of the week I believe.  He's also devilishly handsome.
  • edited December 2013
    'lucky button clicker' is certainly one description of said person ;)
  • edited December 2013
    I'm in the Primo from a £2.40 Micro Sat and the Semi. Will go for the Mini too.
  • edited December 2013
    Oh James, just as you were reading out my last message I decided to enter the 19:33 all in sat, guess who won it!! Yep, me, I spent all day trying to qualify thru a satellite and do it in seconds via All-In Sat.
  • edited December 2013
    Posted by Slipwater

Lots of people have won more than seven.
    I think nutter has said he has won them all but not in a year. Last year Divsdreams had won 4 different days by July.
    It definately can be done and would be a really great achievement by someone if they do.
  • edited December 2013
    You doing cash hand requests?  I've got a beauty id like to share with the world.
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: Sunday's Primo - with James & Stu (***OFFICIAL LIVE SHOW THREAD***) : I know one lucky Button clicker who has won 8 main events this year to date, although not each day of the week I believe.  He's also devilishly handsome.
    Posted by TommyD
    Is it Matt Bates?
  • edited December 2013
    just had another 3rd time lucky all in sat when I failed the first 2 it was 3rd time lucky i am in a hyper sat so hopefully i could also get £55
  • edited December 2013

If you fancy showing this hand i'd love you forever.  Anna let me down on Thursday.

Mastercash 12 on the 4th December.

I feel like im going to get a bit of stick for it.  To understand the history between me and this opponent is key.  He's seen me bluff a fair few spots so is likely to think im going light check/raising... or best im on a draw (which I am).  The reraise caught me by surprise.  This guy is passive.  He is super passive.  He doesnt 4 bet kings or aces pre.... like ever and he always seems to play his big hands slow - he has let me bluff off £120 in a previous hand.  So when he 4 bets... oddly, i think he is super light, hence the 5 bet.  And to me the 6 bet is an even bigger indicator that he's light.  If he had a draw.... surely hes shoving... if he had a big hand, he'd call and let me bluff everything into him.  This is how this guy plays.  He doesn't want to let go of this pot with a distinctly average hand/possibly nothing.... so I shove.  He folds and i pick up the pot.

Essentially... were the quality of my notes good enough for me to 'outbluff him'  or did I get really lucky by him making a massive laydown.

Have a good show.
  • edited December 2013
    Evening guys,

Managed to satellite in tonight although it took me 2 x £6 directs and 2 x £12 semis so at £36 it's still a small discount. Hopefully have a few interesting hands to send in... and more hopefully I'll still be in by the time I do the Skype call!

Very good ideas from Dimunendo and Pokey
  • edited December 2013
    Primo Hand...

Hand History #718464959 (20:06 08/12/2013)

• edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: Sunday's Primo - with James & Stu (***OFFICIAL LIVE SHOW THREAD***) : Congrats on reaching the three-year milestone, Michael. We'll definitely give the Forum DTD a shout-out on tonight's show.
    Posted by J-Hartigan
    Hi James and Stu

I played the primo and won the first big blind. I was the small blind. Next hand I was all in (cant remember what I had) and lost the lost. Had 20 chips left. I went on to win Primo. Still don't know how I did it.

Tony
  • edited December 2013
    Set myself a new challenge tonight James mate, it was to see how fast i could bust from the primo !

Challenge complete bring on the next one :)
  • edited December 2013
    Loving the 2014 Main event leaderboard idea thing that is getting mentioned, hopefully someone from Sky can rustle something up for us :)

Great show guys. Jackpot hunting tonight, wish me luck!
  • edited December 2013
    Oher fast food joints are available.....yes? ;)
  • edited December 2013
    James,

Think yourself lucky you're in a nice warm studio, not at one of the NFL games - have a look at the pictures of the white stuff falling at Philadelphia, Detroit, Green Bay, Washington....