You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Did i play this wrong? Any advice?

So i raise 4x bb with AJ and for some reason the player with Q5s re-raises!  Would you do this?

On the turn, i still have the best hand so i shove all-in to make any drawing hand fold.

Villian calls all in anyway, with a draw, and gets there on the river.

Whats going on here! Any advice?

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceMrJoeBlogsSmall blind 25.0025.003745.00nobby999Big blind 50.0075.001995.00 Your hole cardsAJ   doublenFold    JimRiddle7Raise 200.00275.001750.00xRaise 350.00625.001825.00MrJoeBlogsFold    nobby999Fold    JimRiddle7Call 150.00775.001600.00Flop  6104   JimRiddle7Check    xCheck    Turn  7   JimRiddle7All-in 1600.002375.000.00xCall 1600.003975.00225.00JimRiddle7ShowAJ   xShow5Q   River  3   xWinStraight to the 73975.00 4200.00

Comments

• edited December 2013
    Sick call! Just unlucky.
  • edited December 2013
    Nothing wrong with 3 betting the button with anything.
    Dont like flatting pre oop with AJ.
    There is no need to open raise 4x. <3x will do exactly the same job and might save chips in the future.
    Once he has 3 bet almost 20% of his stack and gets the up and down (and prob thinks a queen might be good also) he decides to go with it.
    32% of the time he wins.
  • edited December 2013
    Jonjo - If he thinks his Q will be good if he hits, taht means he's 25%, so calling 1600 to win 2375 is terrible odds!(he needs 40%)  Now if you're saying he called to hit the draw and also thinking that if he misses, then his Q high might be good, then the only thing he is beating is J9s and J8s.  Every other possible hand that Jim could have raised with, has him beat.
  • edited December 2013
    When the cards turn over he is 32% to win . Of course he wouldnt know his q or 5 were live but I was just pointing out that rather than complaing about others take a look at yourself. Some players will not fold draws which is good for us but sometimes you will lose.
    He asked for advice so I gave him some. I am not saying either played it well.
  • edited December 2013
    Yes when the cards were turned over he's 32%, but he did not know this.  The OP is asking why did the guy call.  Nothing to do with percentages, the guy saw he had a straight draw and went for it.  As I stated previously, they will gamble, so you have to like the call.  The fact the guy got lucky is neither here nor there, we should be happy we got it all in ahead as a big fav!
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: Did i play this wrong? Any advice?:
    Yes when the cards were turned over he's 32%, but he did not know this.  The OP is asking why did the guy call.  Nothing to do with percentages, the guy saw he had a straight draw and went for it.  As I stated previously, they will gamble, so you have to like the call.  The fact the guy got lucky is neither here nor there, we should be happy we got it all in ahead as a big fav!
    Posted by DoubleAAA

Yep. I think that is exactly what I just said.
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: Did i play this wrong? Any advice?:
    Posted by DoubleAAA
    Thanks for the feedbacl and advice DoubleAAA and jonjo, Appreciated , :)