You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Idea's regarding HU tables

edited December 2013 in Poker Chat
OK so I noticed this a couple days ago when looking at the higher stakes on sky - the HU situation is pretty ridiculous. You will have 6/7 different regs (sometimes the same reg on 2 empty tables) all of them blatantly just waiting for a fish and hoping they join their table. This is really not good for the game for obvious reasons.

So, what can sky do to try and change this? I remember a poll was posted a while ago about this to see if people wanted to get rid of HU tables altogether. However I don't really like this option. HU is the purest form of poker and it would be a shame to not be able to play HU anymore.

So here's my suggestion: 

Start with 1 HU table per limit. When one table is full, an other table will spawn. If you are sat on a table with someone HU and sit out then your opponent will have the option to "boot" you from the table after X (small) amount of time and then you won't be allowed to sit back down on the table for X amount of time (maybe half an hour?)

This idea will mean that players wanting to play HU have to be willing to play other regulars to get a chance of playing any recreational players that come along wanting a game.

Once we do start playing someone HU, both us and our opponent are allowed to open a new HU table each that we can sit at. (they don't have to play each other on more than 1 table if they don't want to) - if someone else wants to play HU they will have to sit down with one of these 2 players.

Comments

• edited December 2013

F Ivanovic, there is a simple solution to this, and i have voiced this to SKY before.

ANONYMOUS tables, other sites use this, and i see greater volume of players playing these at higher stakes, also you can use this on any sit n go.

Come on sky please add these, as will make you in long term more MONEY, and also give any stakes players a chance to play games instead of thinking ooo i wont sit and play them, when looking in lobby.

• edited December 2013
    Anonymous tables only for HU? Personally I'm not a fan of anonymous since reads are such a big part of the game and playing anon means you can only develop them as you go along. 

Also it wouldn't solve the problem completely anyway - you can still refuse to play someone when it becomes apparent they are semi-decent/good. 
  • edited December 2013

Annonymous tables for 6 max would be bad,

But fine for HU.

• edited December 2013
    I agree with Ivan about the anon tables not solving much. Playing HU cash you can generally get at least a basic idea of if someone knows what they're doing or not in like <20 hands.

Obviously that relies on making big assumptions and just  seeing if they will do things that are REALLY bad but seen as a lot of these players only want to play people that are REALLY bad, 20 hands is plenty to decide whether they want to play on or not... tbh 20 hands is probably a lot more than it would take.
  • edited December 2013
    I agree to some degree what you are saying here, but if anon tables bring in more traffic then SKY should give it a go, maybe run a trail for a week (maybe a promo too)  and see if works (and brings extra player to hu games).

Gl all at the tables