You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

1/2 HU deep facing river shove

Can't see anything mate.

Comments

• edited December 2009
    cant get HH to work, was something like this...

SB: Hero £460.76
    BB: Villain £392.39

Pre-Flop: (£3.00) Hero is BTN with Ac Ah
    Hero raises to £7, Villain raises to £24, Hero raises to £60, Villain calls.

Flop: (£120) Qc Ks 4s
    Villain checks, Hero checks

Turn: (£120) 3h
    Villain checks, Hero bets £70, Villain calls.

River: (£260) 8c
    Villain bets £256.39 All-in, Hero??

6-max table, game broke a couple of hands earlier so this was one of the first hands of HU, Villain is average reg, no real history, not overly aggro.
  • edited December 2009
    is that my 300 bein passed to you? lol. its a snap call
  • edited December 2009
    lol nah it wasnt against him.
  • edited December 2009
    having played alot of HU

Pre-flop it looks like hes repping a big pair and maybe AK - possibly QK ????? depending on his style.

Seen as your posting in you lost it ? i would take a stab at him showing QK thier or a turned set

Could be way off mind :)

• edited December 2009

very confusing line from villain, you say he isnt particularly aggro, so surely an overbet shove is uncharacteristic of him... i will speculate as to why i think this..

maybe your line is more significant- 4betting then  pot controling this flop, strong bet when checked to you on a blank turn- villain can realisticly have you on a AA AK AQ .

this could mean that given your line, villain has a monster and is aware that you will stack off with the majority of your range- i would therefore give them a big hand like QQ, or KK, probly not KK as i see them smooth calling the 4bet pre with QQ more than KK.

i just dont see him bluffing here often, yet your reads are mostly from a 6 max game so probly lose some value HU tho so could be at it.

• edited December 2009
    He's got a set of Kings or Queens and he's representing a busted flush draw with the overbet.  I think you can find much better spots.
  • edited December 2009
    First of all, f people that flat 4 bets out of position, i hate you all.

I think villain reps such a narrow range here, like KQ, maybe 88 (but if he's good, then he probably wouldn't 3b 88 if he wasn't going to stack off with it) and not much else. I guess the fact that he checks the turn make KQ alot less likely as alot of your check behind hands on the flop (ie pairs smaller than QQ, AQ etc) are going to check behind the turn aswell. On-top of this, our hand does not look anywhere near AA. It looks like we are polarised to KK, QQ and air, making his river shove even more likely to be a bluff.

For these reasons, I call.