You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

FAO Sky: Increased Late Reg Periods? Maybe?

edited December 2013 in Poker Chat
I'm just wondering how the amount of levels you can late reg for in specific tournaments is determined.  It seems a bit random to me.

Take DTD 1 for example, which has one level of late reg.  The 19;15 £2.20 Deep Stack which runs on the other six days of the week has two levels of late reg.  Why?  This is essentially the same tournament.

There are other examples, but my main point is surely longer late reg periods benefit everyone.  They generate more runners and so more rake, a bigger prize pool for the players and enable detained players a little extra time to buy in.

I think an hour late reg or even just three levels for most tournaments would be cool.  I don't know if I'm the minority on this so I'll put a poll up.

Comments

• edited December 2013
    More late reg up to a point yeh. Don't think you should be able to let reg for a tourney at a point where starting stack is <20xBB, otherwise it's all good.
  • edited December 2013
    To a degree pretty much like Paul makes no sense where you wont have many bbs but the Deep Stacks 5k chips should be standardised at say level 7/8 closed. Im sure sky are losing some value when deepies are LR closed at level 1 or 2.
  • edited December 2013
    I'd go the other way in some events, an hour of late reg is, in my opinion, taking the Mick.
  • edited December 2013
    It's all relative, there's no one set time length you can use. 2 examples...

£4k BH = 4,000 starting stack 12 min blinds

1hr in it's 30/60 so you'd have nearly 70xBB which is massive so 1hr late reg is fine, maybe even another level or two is possible.

On the other hand....

£10k Turbo open = 2,000 starting stack 7 min blinds

1hr in it's 60/120 so you'd have 16xBB which is verging on silly but arguably not THAT bad considering it's a Turbo and probably a third of the field has gone by that point. However, they run late reg in this a couple of levels more than 1hr and you could late reg @ 100/200 so 10xBB which is just silly from a player's point of view imo.

But then at the same time, what harm can it do.... I think buying in for 2k @ 100/200 is poor value for money and does diminish the skill edge a lot (not completely) but it's up to the players innit, if no1 wants to late reg cos it's not great value, then they don't, makes no difference to the players and it's cost Sky nothing to have it open but have no1 join in them last 2 levels.

Don't forget the people that have played from the start and have 50xBB have an advantage against the people that late reg with 10xBB, but then they've earned their 50xBB so it's all good.

• edited December 2013
    You say late reg benifits everyone and increases the prize pool but on a lot of occasions, mainly in sats when there is gtd seats and an overlay then it can be bad for the players already in.
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: FAO Sky: Increased Late Reg Periods? Maybe?:
    You say late reg benifits everyone and increases the prize pool but on a lot of occasions, mainly in sats when there is gtd seats and an overlay then it can be bad for the players already in.
    Posted by jonjo75
    I think most of the satellites Sky run are pretty turboy anyway and only really need up to five levels of late reg, maybe less.  I still think it benefits everyone to decrease overlay for the long term liquidity of the games.
  • edited December 2013
    Personally, I find late registration very annoying in all tournaments and if it were up to me, I would do away with it! I like knowing the confirmed facts and figures (entries/prizes etc.) when the tournament kicks-off, not after level three!!

Having said that, I do realise I am in a minority group with that statement - that's just my personal preferance. As it is I have learned to live with late reg though :-)