You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What you can achieve with 10 poker points.

edited December 2013 in Poker Chat
Nice one. Well done.

Comments

• edited December 2013
    Yesterday 8th December I had £0.00 in my sky poker account and I had 30 poker points available. I entered a £20 GTD Turbo freeroll with first place getting £5.30. I managed to beat a field of 252 players to get first place. I did not want to stop there and thought what is the best way to try and maximize my profits. The Sky Poker £15,000 Guaranteed Primo was the main event in Sundays Schedule and I noticed there where early sats for this running and costing £2.60. These sats were guaranteeing 1 seat then 1 in 5 so i thought i would give it a whirl

GOING FOR GLORY!!

The Early Primo sat started at 12pm and had 24 runners in it meaning that there was 4 guaranteed seats with 5th place getting £9.60 for the unlucky bubble. It was a tough task but I managed to finish in 2nd place cementing my place in the 3pm Early primo semi sat.

ALMOST THERE !! :D

When the sat started at 3pm i got nervous. Dont ask why as i don't know either lol. I had my friend Willy Higgins (3Barrels) railing me through the whole thing. This helped me alot. The field had 38 runners in it with again 1 seat guaranteed then 1 in 5. This meant that there was 7 seats guaranteed with 8th place getting £33 . I managed to scrape through in 7th place and gain entry into the £55 Main event which would be shown live on Sky Tv channel 861.

I WAS PLAYING WITH THE BIG GUYS !!

The Main event got off to an ok start with me winning a pot with A6 of clubs from the button collecting 740 chips. After that I went pretty card dead or when I picked up hands I was missing everything. I eventually got it in with AQ VS A9 only for my opponent to turn a 9. My run was over but I couldnt be anymore happier with my play throughout the day. James Hartigan played the only hand i won live on sky tv and i was also noticed for how i got to the event. I finished 192/325 but can say that it wouldnt have been possible if I didnt have the poker points in my account.

Its amazing what you can achieve if you just put your mind to it and I was more than happy to play a full day/ night of poker with only using 10 poker points.

(Play2win02) Mark Duguid.
  • edited December 2013
  • edited December 2013
    Brilliant stuff, what a ride, very well played :)
  • edited December 2013
    weres the run good in the primo when ya need it same again next week mark :)
  • edited December 2013
    Yep stealing Jason Merciers phrase " On to the next one"
  • edited December 2013
    Well done! Its funny, I was actually in that tourny with you. I only entered as something to do while I was playing another tourny and ended up on the final table. I really felt like I was going to win it as I was hitting everything. I went out fourth, not sure if you remember. My K7 allin getting called by the only guy who could knock me out and I felt good on a K7x board until it ran out with an A and J. 

So, if it wasnt for that then I would have won and you wouldn't have had your run! Only joking of corse!

Well done again, glad you enjoyed it and hope it encourages more people to try!
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: What you can achieve with 10 poker points.:
    Well done! Its funny, I was actually in that tourny with you. I only entered as something to do while I was playing another tourny and ended up on the final table. I really felt like I was going to win it as I was hitting everything. I went out fourth, not sure if you remember. My K7 allin getting called by the only guy who could knock me out and I felt good on a K7x board until it ran out with an A and J.  So, if it wasnt for that then I would have won and you wouldn't have had your run! Only joking of corse! Well done again, glad you enjoyed it and hope it encourages more people to try!
    Posted by CraigSG1

Cant remember you on my table may have to look at the replay of the hand that was played on sky to see if you were on my table. Think i would have still had the run i had as i dnt think i ran into you. :D well done on Ft the event though. wish it was me lol.

• edited December 2013

Hi Mark,

Great story, love it!
  • edited December 2013
    The "rest" has obvs done you good! ;-)  VWP
  • edited December 2013
    ul in the primo m8 but vwp getting there in 1st just by using your points

hopefully next time you run good in the biggie m8

• edited December 2013
    Well done in getting so far.
    A really nice write up too.
  • edited December 2013
    Hi Mark, Great story, love it!
    Posted by Tikay10

Thanks mate it was hard but i was determined which was the key. I didnt go down without a fight and was great to be noticed by sky for my efforts. Wish my run continued in the primo but hey i got it in good which was the main priority.
  • edited December 2013
    weres the run good in the primo when ya need it same again next week mark :)
    Posted by 3barrels

Wont be playing the main this week. Will be deposting back into sky on Tuesday where i hope to go through the stages of the 500k UKPC :D