You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

CAN YOU FOLD?

Hand History #215971911 (03:27 20/12/2009)

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBaL
jakally Small blind  £1.00 £1.00 £235.70
lolufold Sitout     
freechips1 Big blind  £2.00 £3.00 £279.70
  Your hole cards
  • Q

patrickb Call  £2.00 £5.00 £328.40
oneluv1979 Call  £2.00 £7.00 £223.60
offshoot Fold     
jakally Fold     
freechips1 Check     
Flop

• Q

freechips1 Bet  £7.00 £14.00 £272.70
patrickb Raise  £17.50 £31.50 £310.90
oneluv1979 Fold     
freechips1 Raise  £52.50 £84.00 £220.20
patrickb All-in  £310.90 £394.90 £0.00
freechips1 All-in  £220.20 £615.10 £0.00
patrickb Unmatched bet  £48.70 £566.40 £48.70
freechips1 Show
  • Q

patrickb Show

Turn

River

patrickb Win Four 3s £564.60  £613.30

Comments

• edited December 2009

its a mess i cant put the hand on properly, anyway its 1/2 cash is this one of those that plays itself? or am i a total donk who cant fold?

• edited December 2009
    Problem is u will probably see them make the same move with AQ, KQ etc so i probably couldnt fold there either.

Horrid flop unfortunately.

• edited December 2009
    thanks phill makes me feel a bit better their is so many hands he could have, flush draw was what i was thinking at the time. just sick i lost £280 taking a shot at the big game.
  • edited December 2009
    I think on a rainbow board you would have a chance to get away but when there's 2 clubs on the flop like that it is always gonna be a bit of a cooler. I would be interested in the stack sizes you both had though and your opinion of the player as i think these would need to be considered when making your decision.

There's hardly any money in the pot pre-flop so it would be a bit loose for someone to start risking a full pull-up on a flush draw, so that may have made me think a bit. So maybe if you're both deep stacked and i thought the player was a bit of a nit i may have been able to get away but still think it's tough and a bit of a cooler.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: CAN YOU FOLD?:
    I think on a rainbow board you would have a chance to get away but when there's 2 clubs on the flop like that it is always gonna be a bit of a cooler. I would be interested in the stack sizes you both had though and your opinion of the player as i think these would need to be considered when making your decision. There's hardly any money in the pot pre-flop so it would be a bit loose for someone to start risking a full pull-up on a flush draw, so that may have made me think a bit. So maybe if you're both deep stacked and i thought the player was a bit of a nit i may have been able to get away but still think it's tough and a bit of a cooler.
    Posted by salazar
    i was sat with £280 and he had more than me, he was playing alot of pots and bluffing a little too much IMO, the strange part was he limped in pre flop this was the only time he had limped in (that i seen) i tried to put him on a set but the fact of no raise pre the only pock pair i can put him on is AA or KK
  • edited December 2009

Its just a cold deck, you aren't getting away from this. Well better players than me might Im not, never in a million years.

Know the feeling of moving up to the bigger game and coming unstuck though - it is a sickner. The bad beats hurt so much more.

I dnt think u can play it any other way though, wudnt be too hard on yaself.

Ul, DOHH
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: CAN YOU FOLD? : i was sat with £280 and he had more than me, he was playing alot of pots and bluffing a little too much IMO, the strange part was he limped in pre flop this was the only time he had limped in (that i seen) i tried to put him on a set but the fact of no raise pre the only pock pair i can put him on is AA or KK
    Posted by freechips1

Yeah, I would give players playing at 1-2 more credit than getting all their chips in on the flop with tptk, so i certainly don't think he would have had that but if he's been a bit agro i don't think you can start thinking he has a set straight away either. I would put an agro player in this situation on a draw or with the fact he's only limping when 9 out of 10 times he's been raising, an overpair like you said.

Best not to worry about it, I don't think i'm folding to anyone but a nit in that spot

I'd be more worried that you said you were having a punt at the bigger stakes, and therefore I would presume playing outside your bankroll. I wouldn't be sitting in this game without a min of 30 pull-ups
  • edited December 2009
    30 pull ups wow thats a tight bankroll you have, i normally stick to 20 buy ins but i was playing well and a little drunk so i took a shot, the amazing thing is i lost a £560 pot but still broke even so its not hurtin me all that much if i hadnt won on my other tables it would of hurt me alot.
  • edited December 2009
    30 pull ups wow thats a tight bankroll you have, i normally stick to 20 buy ins but i was playing well and a little drunk so i took a shot, the amazing thing is i lost a £560 pot but still broke even so its not hurtin me all that much if i hadnt won on my other tables it would of hurt me alot.
    Posted by freechips1

Yeah I am fairly conservative in my bankroll but i suppose that's because i have gone broke and got into debt in the past by playing out of my bankroll and then chasing my losses. 
    There wasn't the same kind of info 5 yrs ago that there is today so I'm sure i wasn't the only one at that time.

In my opinion 20 pull ups is the very minimum and not enough for someone like me who is quite conservative.
    I have heard pro's say though that they have as much as one hundred pull-ups because of course they don't have any other source of income to count on. 

I suppose some people will say there is no problem with taking a punt at the big stakes as long as you are not risking too much of your roll but it is not for me i'm afraid.
  • edited December 2009
    Cold eck, no getting away mate!

Just unlucky
  • edited December 2009
    Its a hard fold to make as 33 - 99 and qq are obviously beat you atm.

Can you put on on a set thier ?? Hard to do - The call is fine i think
  • edited December 2009
    First impression is it's a bit of a cooler I in truth I may have lost the lot too.  But looking at it more deeply:

He has limped from early position so he's either got a monster (AA, KK), suited cons or a small to middle pair.  I think we can discount 99 & QQ.  Sadly we can also discount AQ.

With the flop action the only chance you really have to fold is before your all in and as we don't know how much the bets were previous you may well have been committed.  Under the assumption you are not pot committed for me he only can have 33 or JT clubs (he should slow down with aces or kings although if he isn't that great or very aggro he may not).  You're not in great shape against either hand with two cards to come and I'm also guessing at this point you were worried about the set.

Like I say, this is analysis in the cold light of day, with the timer ticking down I too would probably have thought my top two was good.
  • edited December 2009

if you say he is aggro you could prob discount AA or KK as villain would prob take advantage of his image and raise these for value... and do people really limp reraise these hands at 1/2?? i dunno i never play that hi.

so basically he can only have 33 ,Q 9or a combo draw. (prob not a combo draw after all the flop action) so its a bit of a cooler especially if u got a beer on the go lol

well done on breaking even u must of killed the other tables!!