You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

min cashed the mini but................

edited December 2013 in Poker Chat
In the whole tournament I only had pocket pairs 3 times 66-1010-QQ, and AK twice. Every other hand was Q-2,7-2,10-5 ETC.

I don't know the exact hands but my fella has recording software on the laptop and he will go through it tomorrow and add it to a spread sheet I will try to upload it here. But with his advice and good play I managed a 1 head and a min cash.

H4SH TAG, Delighted...

I play on 888 and stars, but never before have I played an entire tournment so card dead. I've had 20 minute or 30 minute phases of being card dead, but never 2 and a half hours. I am so chuffed lol.

Comments

• edited December 2013
    Also,

Well done Mat Bates, I had your table open and followed you when you moved tables from the start, talk about run good. If they had trip K's you had Trip A's. It seems you're on a heater...enjoy it.

Yes I posted this early but I get the feeling you're going to take it down.
  • edited December 2013
    Well played MattBates for coming 2nd, I'm sure you'll be the first to addmitt you got some pretty AMAZING luck at times.
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: min cashed the mini but................:
    Well played MattBates for coming 2nd, I'm sure you'll be the first to addmitt you got some pretty AMAZING luck at times.
    Posted by VickiPKR
    Matt is a pure luckbox, simples..... incidentally the top MTT player on the entire site, amazing how often these lucky players win...... maybe it's a little more than luck?
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: min cashed the mini but................ : Matt is a pure luckbox, simples..... incidentally the top MTT player on the entire site, amazing how often these lucky players win...... maybe it's a little more than luck?
    Posted by Slykllist
    Hey, I watched him an I am sure for tonight anyway he will addmit he got lucky. Infact I have watched a few players for hours at a time. He is very very lucky. But also very very good.

I would love to see him play the hands I had tonight, I know for fact he had A LOT of pocket pairs,
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to min cashed the mini but................:
    In the whole tournament I only had pocket pairs 3 times 66-1010-QQ, and AK twice. Every other hand was Q-2,7-2,10-5 ETC. I don't know the exact hands but my fella has recording software on the laptop and he will go through it tomorrow and add it to a spread sheet I will try to upload it here. But with his advice and good play I managed a 1 head and a min cash. H4SH TAG, Delighted... I play on 888 and stars, but never before have I played an entire tournment so card dead. I've had 20 minute or 30 minute phases of being card dead, but never 2 and a half hours. I am so chuffed lol.
    Posted by VickiPKR
    Hey, 3 x pocket pairs and 2 x AK in 150 minutes would be running epic for some of us! :p
  • edited December 2013
    In the whole tournament I only had pocket pairs 3 times 66-1010-QQ, and AK twice. Every other hand was Q-2,7-2,10-5 ETC. I don't know the exact hands but my fella has recording software on the laptop and he will go through it tomorrow and add it to a spread sheet I will try to upload it here. But with his advice and good play I managed a 1 head and a min cash. H4SH TAG, Delighted... I play on 888 and stars, but never before have I played an entire tournment so card dead. I've had 20 minute or 30 minute phases of being card dead, but never 2 and a half hours. I am so chuffed lol.
    Posted by VickiPKR
    Does he always advise you when you're playing?
  • edited December 2013
    Posted by VickiPKR

Good job on the cash - always tricky playing when card dead like that. Did you get to a point where you were able to use your rock-like table image to steal pots though? That's the 'fun' bit of being card dead imo!
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to min cashed the mini but................ : Does he always advise you when you're playing?
    Posted by VespaPX
    Nope, I don't play a great amount but he will occasionally shout FOLD IT!!! or SHOVE THE LOT IN!! but that's about it.
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: min cashed the mini but................ : Nope, I don't play a great amount but he will occasionally shout FOLD IT!!! or SHOVE THE LOT IN!! but that's about it.
    Posted by VickiPKR
    Lol great advice :-)
    Well done on your cash btw
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to min cashed the mini but................ : Good job on the cash - always tricky playing when card dead like that. Did you get to a point where you were able to use your rock-like table image to steal pots though? That's the 'fun' bit of being card dead imo!
    Posted by Sky_Dave
    Yeah, looking through my hand history this morning I had to steal 90% of pots. Confidence wise its great though,  managed to keep disciplined and was definately aware everyone must of had me down as only playing super strong hands.

All I needed to do was raise or re-raise and it was FOLD,FOLD,FOLD,FOLD. One or 2 calling stations along the way I had to make sure I swerved but yeah, definately going to play the mini again. I have an eye on the main but a £55 buyin is a lot when that buys into the mini 10 times,

If anyone could answer, how different is the standard in play stepping up to a £55 game?
  • edited December 2013
    Another way of looking at it....

After watching players bust out running pocket J's in Pocket Q's, or straight to the 9 into a straight to the 10 maybe being card dead at times can in help your decisions become much more black and white.