You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

bad sports

edited December 2009 in Poker Chat
i have just played in a double your money and one player did not play untill he was in the money this is happening offten and it spoils the game can anything be done about it as it is unfair play

Comments

• edited December 2009
    In Response to bad sports:
    i have just played in a double your money and one player did not play untill he was in the money this is happening offten and it spoils the game can anything be done about it as it is unfair play
    Posted by eagle10
  • edited December 2009
    It is not unfair play.
    No player has to play a hand at any point.

• edited December 2009
    Posted by eagle10
    Hi eagle

It is thier money, they may play as they wish :)
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: bad sports:
    In Response to bad sports : Hi eagle It is thier money, they may play as they wish :)
    Posted by acebarry10
    its double their money now baz lol
  • edited December 2009
    That's a tried and tested strategy for DYM's. Just sit there and fold fold fold fold fold unless you get AA/KK, until the money.

It's also why I hate them. Most boring games in the world.
  • edited December 2009
    whilst these people can sit out if they wish, i do think it changes the dynamic of the dym, and is to the advantage of the person sat to the left of a sat out player.
  • edited December 2009

Eagle - you can't force anyone to play a hand I'm afraid, & nor should you want to.

If he made the money without playing a single hand, the 3 who went out first must have really mangled it.
  • edited December 2009
    dont play them, but if you can make money long term doing this it sounds like a great strategy to me
  • edited December 2009
    Very rare someone cashes in a DYM without playing a single hand.

I have seen it happen, but usually at micro stakes.

You need to play ultra tight early on in these, if three others get knocked out in the meantime, it's just a bonus.

I would wager I play less than 20% of all starting hands in these games early doors. (unless I am BB with no raises)

One of the most succesful players on the site at these games only ever plays monsters.

Bubble time, and it can be a lottery, especially when the blinds hit 200/400+.
  • edited December 2009

Agree with Mere, Tikay 7 Others on this one. This is not an unfair thing to do. If 3 people managed o get knocked out before the blinds affected this guy too much then that's their bad play, not this guy who hasn't done anything. i know a lot of people who will sit out until bubble and then raise every unopened pot. It's a recognised and reasonable stratagey. This guy just got lucky that he didn't even need to get involved on the bubble

• edited December 2009
    Bad sports?

Deckchair racing
    Earball
    Matchstick fighting
  • edited December 2009
    Bad sports? Deckchair racing Earball Matchstick fighting
    Posted by repton3
    ONLY AGREE WITH TWO OF THESE,MATCHSTICK FIGHTING IS THE BIZ.dav
  • edited December 2009
    Posted by eagle10
    its simples.....when you get down to the last 4 you blind him out until you all cash,this is not cheating you are entitled to fold, call,or raise with any hand at any time,as long as you dont type it in chat box its ok..
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to bad sports : its simples.....when you get down to the last 4 you blind him out until you all cash,this is not cheating you are entitled to fold, call,or raise with any hand at any time,as long as you dont type it in chat box its ok..
    Posted by DAVEYZZ
    i may of misunderstood i thought you meant he was sat out all game...
    to fold every hand is diffrerent,nowt wrongb with that