You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Since the new software have you noticed more players sat out or yourself being disconnected more?

As the title says really.   Would be good if you could specify if you have experienced more disconnections since using the new software or perhaps you have noticed players satout more frequently on your tables.

Comments

• edited December 2013
    I notice that the time ppl seem to take to make a decision has gone alot longer and the time bank seems much longer in a mtt to me but faster in cash strange lol
  • edited December 2013
    I,ve just put in another thread about getting disconnected from 1 table while others are running fine.

This has only been since new software came out. Also seen others writing in the chatbox that they are not away although there still getting timed out.

When you used to get timed out/disconnected you knew you were disconnected as you couldn,t type in the chatbox

Its a strange one. Hopefully sky will see this thread and look into it if the results prove its correct
  • edited December 2013
    Yes, and I've even had one occurence when a DYM didn't open for me at all. Reported it to customer care and just got the standard "if you get disconnected it's not our fault" email back when I didn't even mention disconnection!
  • edited December 2013
    Had more disconnections and seen considerably more people showing as away. Could just be co-incidence to be fair, I'm assuming Sky would not have rolled out the software if there were still issues with it ..
  • edited December 2013

Guys

We do monitor disconnections with our diagnostic systems and there isn't a widespread issues. People will have occasional problems because of issues like those highlighted
    here. Which is always useful to refer to.

Remember, in order for us to help you (irrespective of the cause) the best way is to contact customer care with as much information as possible so they can help.

Thanks
    Sky Poker
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: Since the new software have you noticed more players sat out or yourself being disconnected more?:
    Guys We do monitor disconnections with our diagnostic systems and there isn't a widespread issues. People will have occasional problems because of issues like those highlighted here . Which is always useful to refer to. Remember, in order for us to help you (irrespective of the cause) the best way is to contact customer care with as much information as possible so they can help. Thanks Sky Poker
    Posted by Sky_Poker

To be honest, most of that other thread is not that relevant when everything else you're doing is running fine, you can browse the internet, post on the forums, etc. and it is just the Sky Poker client that isn't connecting.
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: Since the new software have you noticed more players sat out or yourself being disconnected more?:
    In Response to Re: Since the new software have you noticed more players sat out or yourself being disconnected more? : To be honest, most of that other thread is not that relevant when everything else you're doing is running fine, you can browse the internet, post on the forums, etc. and it is just the Sky Poker client that isn't connecting.
    Posted by FCHD
    They are different things to be honest though because, for example, as we write this post we are not communicating backwards and forwards across the internet. At least until we either move to a new page or post a reply etc. The same goes for general browsing. Connecting to a poker client is like making a phone call with messages going backwards and forwards constantly (as action progresses) a loss in that for whatever reason is (a) noticable and (b) requires immediate reconnection to continue.

Even watching a video online doesnt need a regular constant connection because it gets buffered in advance. Obviously that cant be done for poker.

• edited December 2013
    Sky - You cannot say it's peoples connection issues when people have experienced on table being unresponsive whilst they are still able to play on their other sky tables.  Or, they are unable to play on sky poker yet are still playing perfectly fine on other poker clients at the same time.

You have rolled out new software and of course you are going to experience teething issues, but to flat out deny it is just plain wrong.

Also, why have you moved this thread?  This thread was not giving feedback to sky, it was collating data from users so that we can THEN give you feedback.  So far these results (although on a small scale) are proving overwhelming.

Why not send out a mailshot asking your customers if they are experiencing more disconnection issues or seeing more people satout than previously?  I know I have seen a big increase on the amount of people complaining at the tables that they keep being disconnected, far higher than on the old software.
  • edited December 2013
    Are we talking about the software update today (the site was closed from 4am to 8am)? Or the new tables in general?

I voted no, have played several STTs/MTTs today without seeing a single disconnection.
  • edited December 2013
    Just an idea for Sky IT/Software guys.
    Do the Tech guys do the testing just from their office?
    Maybe do a field test by visiting some local players at home to see it from their point of view.
  • edited December 2013
    was playing 1 table the other night.at the same time i tryed loading a game over 10 times and it just came up a blank table.

contacted live help and was told it was probably my connection before they said it might be my browser.

although the other table was playing fine just the new game would only load blank..so not a connection issue.
  • edited December 2013
    Are we talking about the software update today (the site was closed from 4am to 8am)? Or the new tables in general? I voted no, have played several STTs/MTTs today without seeing a single disconnection.
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    This was prior to todays update, although if from today we see a big difference then it means that clearly there was an issue that thankfully Sky fixed.  So cast a vote upon your experience since software release date, prior to todays update.

n Response to Re: Since the new software have you noticed more players sat out or yourself being disconnected more?:
    Just an idea for Sky IT/Software guys. Do the Tech guys do the testing just from their office? Maybe do a field test by visiting some local players at home to see it from their point of view.
    Posted by VespaPX
    Excellent idea Vespa. Sky should (if they do not already) test the software from a different location, connecting and playing outside of the office.
  • edited December 2013
    Just an idea for Sky IT/Software guys. Do the Tech guys do the testing just from their office? Maybe do a field test by visiting some local players at home to see it from their point of view.
    Posted by VespaPX

Hi - please dont forget that we do have very sophisticated systems that do allow us to monitor disconnections, we know how many we have and the trends before and after the new product. We also monitor from different locations but thanks for the suggestion.

Thanks
    Sky Poker
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: Since the new software have you noticed more players sat out or yourself being disconnected more? : Hi - please dont forget that we do have very sophisticated systems that do allow us to monitor disconnections, we know how many we have and the trends before and after the new product. We also monitor from different locations but thanks for the suggestion. Thanks Sky Poker
    Posted by Sky_Poker

Perhaps then, you can explain this:

I railed chicknmelt last week and when he got to heads up in an mtt he disconnected and could not get back into the game for around 3 minutes.  Funny thing was, he was still able to type to me over the internet whilst he was disconnected.  Now I wonder, how did he manage to do that if he had no internet connection?

Hopefully your update will have fixed these issues.
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: Since the new software have you noticed more players sat out or yourself being disconnected more? : Perhaps then, you can explain this: I railed chicknmelt last week and when he got to heads up in an mtt he disconnected and could not get back into the game for around 3 minutes.  Funny thing was, he was still able to type to me over the internet whilst he was disconnected.  Now I wonder, how did he manage to do that if he had no internet connection? Hopefully your update will have fixed these issues.
    Posted by DoubleAAA
    Sending a message(s) is very different to playing poker online.

Think of it as like the difference between a phone call and sending an SMS. If we were chatting on the phone and you lost your signal, the call would end and one of us would redial. However, if you were texting us at the time you had no signal, your signal might come back for a short while and send the text during this time. So texting with an intermittent signal is different to calling with an intermittent signal.

That said, if you send more details to us on any issues you have, we will be glad to look in more detail for you. We do want to help.

Sky Poker
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: Since the new software have you noticed more players sat out or yourself being disconnected more? : Sending a message(s) is very different to playing poker online. Think of it as like the difference between a phone call and sending an SMS. If we were chatting on the phone and you lost your signal, the call would end and one of us would redial. However, if you were texting us at the time you had no signal, your signal might come back for a short while and send the text during this time. So texting with an intermittent signal is different to calling with an intermittent signal. That said, if you send more details to us on any issues you have, we will be glad to look in more detail for you. We do want to help. Sky Poker
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    okay fair enough.  Although now you have moved this thread it will gain little exposure.  75% so far have experienced connection issues or have seen far more players satout than previously with the old software.  I know it's a small scale but it's clearly something you guys need to look closer at.

Churchy18 had posted that he was able to play on your other tables whilst he could not be connected to 1 particular table of yours.  Care to explain what connection issues his side, could have caused that?