You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

HU SnG??

edited December 2013 in Poker Chat
i play mainly DYM'S low stakes, so for a change i started a heads up game while my DYM  is running,

second hand in my oponant goes all in..... im looking down at 55. too me this is strong heads up.. very strong, im thinking im against 2 overs. i call and look at KJo im happy too see this even happier when it comes AA5.

HE SAIS IN THE BOX 55???? and wants a rematch, so before i explain my reason in the next game, im called a (C U Next Tuesday) And some abuse about my call. 

he shoves again very first hand and WHO AM I TOO SAY NO WHEN I LOOK AT ACES THIS TIME. 

i enjoy poker and not a heads up player was my first call wrong???????

also why moan about this pre flop, u go all in for 980 to steal my 10... im guessing u want a call and this is not a steal.

Comments

• edited December 2013
    Ask him for some more games :-))

But turn the chat off next time !
  • edited December 2013
    What speed game was it?

Hyper = easssy call

Turbo = Probably a call but you don't need to take such high variance options

Speed/Regular = definite fold imo
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: HU SnG??:
    Ask him for some more games :-)) But turn the chat off next time !
    Posted by VespaPX
    +1
  • edited December 2013
    the game was a turbo,

not usually my choice of game  and have very little experience in heads up games, mainly beacuse dym's dont go there and very rarely get there at mtt's.

so thought my 5's where relitivly strong heads up,

but taken your advice for next time and slow it down a bit.
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: HU SnG??:
    the game was a turbo, not usually my choice of game  and have very little experience in heads up games, mainly beacuse dym's dont go there and very rarely get there at mtt's. so thought my 5's where relitivly strong heads up, but taken your advice for next time and slow it down a bit.
    Posted by Chris_Mc
    Nah it's not a bad call in a turbo, it's just a swingy option. There's quite a lot of play in Turbo games so unless they're just open shoving all their hands, you can generally find better/safer ways to win.

55 is very strong HU and I'd almost certainly make the exact same call you did if they open shoved 1st hand.