You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Calling Sky Rich

edited December 2009 in Poker Chat

hi rich sorry to bother you with this,

i have just been in touch with your "technical" support team. I have just played the primo i was struggling with my connection throughout (had other poker sites working at same time) had a couple of forced folds and a missed all in bet that could have altered my tournament.

Firstly i have played on here since the start and this is the first time i have contacted your support, it took me 15 minutes hanging on with the live chat (fair enough) to get the answer of "clear your cache". I then explained that i have had 3 other poker sites running all evening with no dropdowns at all. I suffered 3 "disconnections" 2 of which were in crucial hands.

Here is the chat log

21:16:02 Thanks for contacting Sky Poker Chat. An advisor will be with you shortly.........
21:16:07 Sorry to keep you waiting, we'll be with you shortly
21:16:17 Whilst you wait, we'd like to let you know that we've got over 80 fantastic games on SkyVegas.com - and you can log in to play using your existing Sky Poker User ID and PIN!
21:16:27 We are experiencing a high level of contacts. Please bear with us and we will get to you as soon as possible.
21:16:57 We apologise for the delay. For forgotten PIN please call 08000 725181
21:17:57 Thank you for your patience, we will deal with your query as soon as possible.
21:18:38 We're very sorry that we've kept you waiting for so long. If you continue to hold, we'll be with you as soon as we can.
21:19:18 Thanks for your patience, we'll deal with your query shortly.
21:20:08 Please accept our apologies for the length of time it's taken to get to you.
21:20:58 Thanks for holding, we'll deal with your query as soon as an agent becomes available.
21:22:33 Lizelle has joined this session!
21:22:33 Connected with Lizelle
21:22:38 Hi jbarnsie, my name's Lizelle. How can I help you today?
21:22:41 hi
21:23:03 i have just suffered a very bad connection during the primo tournament could you look into this for me?
21:23:53 How many hands were you disconnected? Unfortunately, the disconnections are caused by something at your end as the site is up and running 100%
21:24:00 3 hands
21:24:10 i wasnt disconnected but i couldnt act
21:24:18 You need to clear your internet browsing history, temporary files, cookies and cache
21:24:23 I see
21:24:26 i had 3 other poker sites up at same time and they are all working fine
21:24:38 You dropped connection to our poker server
21:25:15 all i no is it prevented me from going all in on a hand i would have won and hence severley disrupted my tournament
21:27:38 hello?
21:28:28 Unfortunately, Sky Poker do not take responsibility for individual disconnections
21:28:38 so what are you suggesting i do?
21:29:23 I understand that you were disconnected but there is no way of predicting that you would have won those hands. You were only disconnected for 3 hands so you were able to continue playing
21:30:04 so unlike your competitors you dont look at cases on an individual basis?
21:30:38 Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do as you were able to continue playing

Comments

• edited December 2009

note the big gap at 9.25 when i asked a question and the rep wasnt even going to come back to me unless i prompted her with another question. I cant accept that sky dont look at these connections on a individual basis.

I would appreciate it if you could look into this for me, the support rep doesnt seem to understand her view either saying i wasnt disconnected and then later saying she understands i was disconnected!

I play full time on a leading american site and disconnects like the ones i experienced tonight are dealt with in a very different and more professional way, maybe its because i rake a lot of money for them.... Anyway customer service like this will not encourage me to bring more of my bankroll here.

I appreciate your time
  • edited December 2009
    i did try and pm you this but the message was to large
  • edited December 2009
    Hi Barnsie

Sorry to hear that you were having trouble on the site and that you don't feel the support provided was sufficient.

In my experience, slow-down issues like this are generally caused by one of a few things:

1) A wireless internet connection with limited connectivity
    2) Large temporary internet files (why clearing your cache could have helped)
    3) Running other applications whilst playing (e.g. streaming music or video)

I will arrange for a customer care rep to contact you regarding this, hopefully we can sort it out for you.

Thanks,
    Steve
  • edited December 2009

As I see this explasnation/answer frequently.....

".....Large temporary internet files (why clearing your cache could have helped)...."

Could you please tell me how I would set about doing that? I am not internet or PC savvy, would I need a little man to do it for me, or could I just press some buttons?

Serious question, as my Lappie is quite slow at the best of times, & I like to 3 or 4 Table on Sky Poker.
  • edited December 2009

At the tabs on the top of your browser, go to tools, then internet options

You will have some options,

click on these, DELETE  TEMPORARY INTERNET FILES, DELETE COOKIES, CLEAR HISTORY ETC.

This should get rid of most of your old history.

If it is still running slow, try a defragmant. You usually find this from the start up box at the bottom in control panel.

• edited December 2009
    You can also change the settings in internet options to clear your cache every time you exit.

I tend to have this set as it saves any hassles later.
  • edited December 2009
    Morning all..............

To clear your temp internet files is quite easy.

Simplest way if you're on Internet Explorer is to click on the ''tools'' button in top right corner of page and go to ''Internet options'' a page will open then from the ''general'' section look for ''browsing history'' and press delete. Deleting cookies can cause some problems but deleting the browsing history is usually enough and will speed up your computer.

If you're not on Internet explorer you can do the same thing by going to ''control panel'' on your computer and choosing ''Internet options'' again go to browsing history and delete.
  • edited December 2009
    A lot of problems are also caused by windows downloads. Windows are notoriously sloppy about where their files go in your registry. The simplest solution to keeping everything running smooth is to download ''REGISTRY MECHANIC'' by PC TOOLS,  just google it and take the free download trial. This will check your registry and correct the worst errors for free. Buy the full version as I have and it will keep everything tikkety-boo for you. It's very inexpensive compared to disconnecting during a tournament. Your computer will run like clockwork. The full version has an auto defragmentor, system optimization programme and disc compactor.......it won the ''best computer tool'' award.. again last year.
  • edited December 2009

Thanks Hale & Dog, I'll give that a try.

Will I lose all my saved Passwords & things like that?

Also, on my Lappie, I run IE sometimes, but also Firefox - are the instructions equally valid for Firefox? 
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Calling Sky Rich:
    A lot of problems are also caused by windows downloads. Windows are notoriously sloppy about were their files go in your registry. The simplest solution to keeping everything running smooth is to download ''REGISTRY MECHANIC''  just google it and take the free download trial. This will check your registry and correct the worst errors for free. Buy the full version as I have and it will keep everything tikkety-boo for you. It's very inexpensive compared to disconnecting during a tournament. Your computer will run like clockwork. The full version has an auto defragmentor, system optimization programme and disc compactor.......it won the ''best computer tool'' award.. again last year.
    Posted by elsadog
    Woof!

Thanks man, appreciate that.
  • edited December 2009
    Thanks Hale & Dog, I'll give that a try. Will I lose all my saved Passwords & things like that? Also, on my Lappie, I run IE sometimes, but also Firefox - are the instructions equally valid for Firefox? 
    Posted by Tikay10
    That's why I said to leave cookies as that can cause problems. Just delete ''temp internet files'' then download free trial for registry mechanic and see how many registry errors you have on your computer........my guess would be hundreds.
  • edited December 2009
    When clicking on delete, another box should pop up asking which things you want to delete.

You can unclick passwords if you wish, cookies too.

I delete cookies and never have a problem but save passwords.
  • edited December 2009
    As a general point...... It is rarely the site that has the problem when you are running slow. It does happen that the server may have issues but 99 times out of 100 it will be your pc. Similarly with dis-connections. Follow the above info and it WILL run much. much better. Even slow internet speeds aren't usually the problem, it's generally because your pc gets clogged up with info. A bit like having a cold and not blowing your nose.....go on give it a good blow.
  • edited December 2009
    Ive just run registry mechanic and found 633 errors but it will only fix about 60 of these without the full version.

How much is it?
  • edited December 2009
    Ive just downloaded Google Chrome for free and now use it as my internet.  It seems to work very smoothly with sky poker and doesnt miss out letters when chatting in chat box like it does in IE.
  • edited December 2009
    HI STEVE , IS RICH NOT IN TODAY ? AFTER READING  " BARNSIES" POSTS LAST NIGHT , I SENT HIM A PM .
  • edited December 2009

I really appreciate all the replies guys, thank you.

It seems to me from this Thread that a lot of the problem Players complain about would be solved if they did this - and it's suggests it's usually at the users end, not upstream.

What is a "Registry Error", please?
  • edited December 2009
    I really appreciate all the replies guys, thank you. It seems to me from this Thread that a lot of the problem Players complain about would be solved if they did this - and it's suggests it's usually at the users end, not upstream. What is a "Registry Error", please?
    Posted by Tikay10
    It is when you dont get married in church!.....soz     :)
  • edited December 2009
    HI STEVE , IS RICH NOT IN TODAY ? AFTER READING  " BARNSIES" POSTS LAST NIGHT , I SENT HIM A PM .
    Posted by PILLOWMAN
    Hi pillowman

Rich is out spreading christmas cheer today so let me or one of the mods know if you need anything.

Cheers (and merry christmas!)

Steve
  • edited December 2009

Usually it is a program that has not run correctly.

Elsaogs 'registry mechanic' should fix it all for you.

I have checked and it is £29.95 for a year but if you download the free trial, then try to uninstall it, it takes you to sites that will give it for free upon buying other stuff.

The cheapest site was a gaming site that only asked you deposit a tenner and they will instantly give you registry mechanic for nowt.

Bargain.

• edited December 2009
    As I see this explasnation/answer frequently..... ".....Large temporary internet files (why clearing your cache could have helped)...." Could you please tell me how I would set about doing that? I am not internet or PC savvy, would I need a little man to do it for me, or could I just press some buttons? Serious question, as my Lappie is quite slow at the best of times, & I like to 3 or 4 Table on Sky Poker.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Careful though - it could remove any p orn you have stored, apparently.
  • edited December 2009
    Sky steve can i ask you a question if so message back then i would private message you
  • edited December 2009
    I really appreciate all the replies guys, thank you. It seems to me from this Thread that a lot of the problem Players complain about would be solved if they did this - and it's suggests it's usually at the users end, not upstream. What is a "Registry Error", please?
    Posted by Tikay10
    It's a bit technical, I'm afraid.
    The registry is a place on your computer where settings about your hardware, software and internet configutations and all other sorts of other interesting stuff is "registered".
    When hardware and software is installed and un-installed sometimes errors are left in the registry due to things not working as they should have - I blame Orford personally.
    Tools like "Registry Mechanic" correct these problems and help to make your computer tickety-boo.
    I hope that this helps - sorry that I got so technical.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Calling Sky Rich : Careful though - it could remove any p orn you have stored, apparently.
    Posted by Dingdell
    oops too late - (have to 'make' some more) lol
  • edited December 2009
    Ive just downloaded Google Chrome for free and now use it as my internet.  It seems to work very smoothly with sky poker and doesnt miss out letters when chatting in chat box like it does in IE.
    Posted by phil12uk
    Chrome is the way to go - hmmm didn't you read that I used this while we were at a table ;)
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Calling Sky Rich : Chrome is the way to go - hmmm didn't you read that I used this while we were at a table ;)
    Posted by Grimstar30
    Maybe ;)

I have chrome with windows 7 on my new laptop and the only thing harder is the tabs arent clearly defined at the bottom of the screen like IE. Any way i can make them more defined?
  • edited December 2009
    ive started something here!

look forward to hearing back shortly