You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tilt!

edited December 2013 in Poker Chat
Hi all. Thought I'd use this post as a kind of confession box! Wondered if any of you out there had suffered the same problem. I grind the 3.30 and 5.50 DYM's most of the time with the odd MTT thrown in to mix it up a bit from time to time. Doing fairly well the majority of the time and slowly building my bankroll.
Everybody suffers the dreaded tilt occasionally, unless you're an emotionless robot ;o) Although if I go on a bad run, and begin to feel I need to make back up that money quickly, instead of playing a bit silly on the tables.....I turn to........wait for it......the Sky Vegas slot machines! And in the process end up blowing half my bankroll. 
This is a very annoying habit, and it is easy to say never again, but when that tilt time comes the frenzy of emotions take control. Anybody else have this problem?
Wish I could block Sky Vegas for good! lol

Timmy712 (aka Tim)

Comments

• edited December 2013
    Hi Tim
    You can block it.

Go to "My Account" and "Gambling Safety" / "Stop Betting" and block it there.

Good luck
  • edited December 2013

Hi Timmy.

The advice from "VespaVX" is correct.

However,  please be aware that if you self-exclude from any of the products for a specific period, YOU CANNOT CHANGE YOUR MIND & UNEXCLUDE subsequently.

If you self-exclude for, say, 6 months, then 6 months it will be, no exceptions. 5 years, ditto ditto.

• edited December 2013
    Buy straight into a 30p DYM, You just need to get that last game/loss out of your mind/thoughts. I quite like watching 861 (Skypoker) after a harsh loss. Not sure why but it definately stops my tilting off.

Or watch youtube video of Phil Ivey taking a bad beat for thousands and thousands or dollars then ask your self, is it really worth spewing over a £5 loss?

Also if you believe a bad run s down to variance ect, then you will come good again so get those down swing hands played as cheaply as possible on 30p tables until things pick up again.
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Tilt!:
    Hi all. Thought I'd use this post as a kind of confession box! Wondered if any of you out there had suffered the same problem. I grind the 3.30 and 5.50 DYM's most of the time with the odd MTT thrown in to mix it up a bit from time to time. Doing fairly well the majority of the time and slowly building my bankroll. Everybody suffers the dreaded tilt occasionally, unless you're an emotionless robot ;o) Although if I go on a bad run, and begin to feel I need to make back up that money quickly, instead of playing a bit silly on the tables.....I turn to........wait for it......the Sky Vegas slot machines! And in the process end up blowing half my bankroll.  This is a very annoying habit, and it is easy to say never again, but when that tilt time comes the frenzy of emotions take control. Anybody else have this problem? Wish I could block Sky Vegas for good! lol Timmy712 (aka Tim)
    Posted by Timmy712
    have had exactly the same problem - self exclusion is the thing, just get it done and you'll be safe.  mind you then the Russian Roulette comes a calling!!

• edited December 2013
    Yeah I did the same.then I'd lose and double stakes to win more and still lose. Vicious cycle so self exclude is what I've done.6 months to start. Good luck Sir
  • edited December 2013
    Thanks very much for your help guys. I didn't realise there was a self exclusion option. This is definitely the answer! Will get right on that, and hopefully will just be able to concentrate on my poker from now on and cut that tilt out. Comforting to see some of you have had the same problem.
    Vicki that sounds like a good strategy also. 
    Maybe I'll be writing a post soon about self exclusion and how it has changed my life.....ha! ;o)
    Good luck to all on the tables!
  • edited December 2013
    Ignore my tilt adivce,

Last night I'm running farely well in the mini, I'm double the average stack, taken 3 heads and decide to play Q-7 in some kind of brainfart moment. End up trying to bluff which ends up as an all in getting called and out I go. I then go to my second table, a £2.30 BH in which again I'm playing quite well taken 2 heads good stack and tilt the lot off.

In 2 minutes I'm out both..erghhhhhhhh, Q-7 JUST FOLD IT!!!!!
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: Tilt!:
    Ignore my tilt adivce, Last night I'm running farely well in the mini, I'm double the average stack, taken 3 heads and decide to play Q-7 in some kind of brainfart moment. End up trying to bluff which ends up as an all in getting called and out I go. I then go to my second table, a £2.30 BH in which again I'm playing quite well taken 2 heads good stack and tilt the lot off. In 2 minutes I'm out both..erghhhhhhhh, Q-7 JUST FOLD IT!!!!!
    Posted by VickiPKR
    I hear ya! Hours of good play down the drain in one silly moment! Happens to me all the time!