You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

All the best James Hartigan

2»

Comments

• edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: All the best James Hartigan:
    Could we please get Amber Heard to replace James.  I'm sure Stapes will approve if he gets to "show her the ropes" first :)
    Posted by cenachav

you mean show her HIS rope ;) Stapes i hope your going to unfollow him on twitter for this??  I think his punishment should be a night with Annie Duke
  • edited December 2013
    Can you please get Vicki Coren to take James place and I promise I'll watch every show.

And good luck to James you will be missed.
  • edited December 2013

Spesking personally, I have to say, I'll miss James very much.

He is THE consummate professional, & he has been an absolute delight to work with.

One of the brightest folks you could ever wish to meet, deceptively intelligent, & able to cope with any situation.

Rarely needs two takes when filming, he is a natural.

Does not suffer fools gladly, but hides that well.

I'm sort of sad & glad, at the same time. I'll much miss him being around, & occassionally working with him (I tend to get Orford, as nobody else wants to work with him), but I'm really pleased & proud that he has got this new position.

He owes Sky Poker nothing, he did a terrific job, imo. 

God speed James, you have a long & successful career ahead, & it's been an absolute pleasure & privelege to work with you.

• edited December 2013

Ooh, forgot to say - glad I won't have to put up with all his boring film talk now. A man of shallow interests outside poker.  
  • edited December 2013
    Ooh, forgot to say - glad I won't have to put up with all his boring film talk now. A man of shallow interests outside poker.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hahahahahahaha! That's more like it ;-)

Thanks for all the kind words, everyone. Much appreciated.

I'll be back talking poker (and boring Jen Mason with film talk) on channel 861 on Sunday 29th December.

UKOPS? U know U want it!

• edited December 2013

Get outa here, we don't want your type.

Enjoy your time with Ultimate Bet, or wherever you are off to.
  • edited December 2013
    good luck for the future James
  • edited December 2013
    good luck james all the best for the future
  • edited December 2013
    Congratulations on landing this new role, James. You will be missed on Sky Poker but we'll still enjoy 'that show'.

So possible replacements - Alan Partridge?

• edited December 2013
    well played james, you & your hairy/scruffy side-kick will be missed
  • edited December 2013
    Hey James,

First time I seen you commentate was on the Channel 4 show, always enjoyed the programme, the format and commentary and humour from you and Stapes.

Really enjoyed your work on Sky too.

All the best, and enjoy the last show in a couple of weeks.
  • edited December 2013
    Couldn't let james go without reminding him of this.. We'll miss you James ;o)

• edited December 2013
    Congratulations on landing this new role, James. You will be missed on Sky Poker but we'll still enjoy 'that show'. So possible replacements - Alan Partridge?
    Posted by NoseyBonk

I,ve heard they,re thinking of Ron Burgundy! Another consumate pro and well used to dealing with facial hair!
  • edited December 2013
    Are you ****ing kidding me? I heard his ****ing replacement was going to be a wet wall of paint for people to watch dry over the course of  five hours, but they thought the audience might be too jarred from suddenly having something interesting on screen. Good riddance.
    Posted by JoeStapes

Goodnight myyyyyy babies
  • edited December 2013
    Couldn't let james go without reminding him of this.. We'll miss you James ;o) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpbKZSH1CG4
    Posted by JockBMW
    Two blokes hitting each other with giant frankfurters. In America that's a fetish.

• edited December 2013
    Awh, this is not good news - James, you will be sorely missed! Although, this does mean that you should now start playing some more tournaments on Sky Poker, right? ;-)

Are you ****ing kidding me? I heard his ****ing replacement was going to be a wet wall of paint for people to watch dry over the course of  five hours, but they thought the audience might be too jarred from suddenly having something interesting on screen. Good riddance.
    Posted by JoeStapes
    lol Stapes, stick to this story all you want - we all know you're crying inside really ;-)
  • edited December 2013
    Hope sky are big enough to use you as a guest when available gl and best wishes enjoyed your sometimes harsh but honest opinions! but above all you genuine sense of humour!
  • edited December 2013
    Hart & Stapes (sounds like a 70s/80s cop show) are easily the best poker commentary duo on the box. He will be a huge loss and I hope the new role will not take you away from the front of the cameras too much.

The replacement Laura C can be found on ch 191 on Sky.....I think Sky Poker have given her a crash course and she now seems to know that a Full House beats a Flush which earlier on this year she was blithely unaware of while commenting on a hand during a tourney on said channel.