You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£33bh structure

edited December 2013 in Poker Chat
Structure change needed for the £33 BH surely? After 3 hours 25 remain out of 800 entrants lol......

Comments

• edited December 2013
    Agree.

Either 3k stack or 12 mnute blinds needed IMO
  • edited December 2013
    It plays almost as fast as the Tuesday Turbo. If you haven't at least doubled up by the first break it's basically fold or shove poker. Maybe that's why it's popular though.....
  • edited December 2013
    structure is alright. the fact its a BH makes it faster..........ldo :)
  • edited December 2013
    Yeah it's an awful structure.

Can't see Sky tinkering with it though.
  • edited December 2013
    Thinking about it, I suppose actually it's spot on...

It needs to tick all the boxes for a show that's being shown on Skysports

A. Finish while the show is still on air
    B. Have a decent prizepool so it tempts people onto the site
    C. Attract enough runners so it makes it's guarentee

It does all those, so I can't see it changing while it's still on SS4.
  • edited December 2013
    Well yeah Flash has just covered why it won't be changed. It's basically Sky's flagship MTT, and is broadcast on Sky Sports, they don't want it going on til 2am and not even showing the bubble on TV.
  • edited December 2013
    Its awesome and attracts tonnes of runners, a lot of whom are pure gamblers.

Do not change it sky!

Stu
  • edited December 2013
    Keep it as it is, Some of us have jobs..

Playing poker till 3am then getting up for work at 6am does not make for a productive day. I imagine a lot people will stop playing if they know its going to go on untill 3 or 4am,
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: £33bh structure:
    Keep it as it is, Some of us have jobs.. Playing poker till 3am then getting up for work at 6am does not make for a productive day. I imagine a lot people will stop playing if they know its going to go on untill 3 or 4am,
    Posted by VickiPKR
    This just about sums a lot of it up.

It certainly is a fast-paced and exciting tournament and people love it because of that, especially the BH element too. It's one of our most long-running popular tournaments for a reason, people like it that way.

As you mentioned, a lot of our players dont want to play a tournament into the early hours so finishing at this time, along with what we said above is why it's designed this way.

Thanks
    Sky Poker
  • edited December 2013
    Yea defo dont change it this is main reason i dont play the primo eg because im not willing to play till 3/4am if i got that far , 

Bh are designed for craziness not for a long structured tournament.

Never change
  • edited December 2013
    Yeee this should definately NOT be changed, the fact it is a quick tournament and that some hands may be shown on tv is the main reason a massive percentage of the field play. 
    Also the added luck factor (compared to longer structured tournies)  makes it possible for the slightly less skilled people to bink a very large sum of money.

Finally i believe the BH got around 800 runners last night,  the 7.30 £22 DEEP STACK (very slow structure) got about 20 runners.   That says it all really.

Changing it would be crazy
  • edited December 2013
    Main Events should start at 7 imo, especially now we have late reg.
  • edited December 2013
    Main Events should start at 7 imo, especially now we have late reg.
    Posted by splashies
    Seconded.
  • edited December 2013
    me personally I hate the the £33bty hunter on a thu night only played it last night due to the double gtd`s this but it`s very popular on the site.

so imo if don`t like the mtt just don`t play it simplesz no need to change if they are a greater number ppl enjoy it.
  • edited December 2013
    4 nights a week though? I suppose the £55 substitutes well anyway I guess
  • edited December 2013
    4 nights a week though? I suppose the £55 substitutes well anyway I guess
    Posted by RyanC7
    Pretty much this.

Only 2 of the 7 ME are actually decent tournaments. Would like to see one of the £55 BH tournaments given ME status but ain't holding my breath!