You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Furious with Sky Poker

I have just made the final table of the £12k Rebuy Open, down to final four and in second place, and my connection goes at 2.10am. By the time I get back on on at about 2.15am, I am down to my last few chips and all in. Of course I get knocked out. The loss of connection at such a crucial time is annoying, and has probably cost me £700 tonight. Going to bed now......FURIOUS

Comments

• edited December 2013
    Very unlucky mate. So sick lol. You literally got back 2 hands after you got knocked out aswell. Blinded down from 300k to 0. Are you sure it was Sky's fault and not your internet connection? Don't mean to rub you down with that. UL WP though
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Furious with Sky Poker:
    I have just made the final table of the £12k Rebuy Open, down to final four and in second place, and my connection goes at 2.10am. By the time I get back on on at about 2.15am, I am down to my last few chips and all in. Of course I get knocked out. The loss of connection at such a crucial time is annoying, and has probably cost me £700 tonight. Going to bed now......FURIOUS
    Posted by DARK4NIGHT
    Who is is your internet provider? I lost my connection at the exact same time and my internet was down for around 10-15mins. i was on 2 final tables too, nothing compared to the main event. Pretty sick. I'm with BT. 
  • edited December 2013
    UL M8, I am with BT.. Happened to me final table of roller. Saying I have line problem.. now. and also sending me a new Hub. But at times I couldny see my cards in that game. So have to blame Sky for that part. Ul anyways m8..
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: Furious with Sky Poker:
    UL M8, I am with BT.. Happened to me final table of roller. Saying I have line problem.. now. and also sending me a new Hub. But at times I couldny see my cards in that game. So have to blame Sky for that part. Ul anyways m8..
    Posted by DivsDreams
    I'm with BT, Bristol region and connection was fine for me tonight, however I did witness lots of people with connection issues throughout the night.
  • edited December 2013
    If this was internet related you can get reconnected by using a smart phone to create a mobile hotspot. It might cost you five or ten quid to use the extra data but if its like hundreds to ladder up a few places, its more than worth it.  
  • edited December 2013

Hi there - sorry to hear you had that problem. We checked our systems and there wasnt any widespread issues at that time.

Thanks
    Sky Poker

• edited December 2013
    In Response to Furious with Sky Poker:
    Posted by DARK4NIGHT
    Yes I have SKY BROADBAND!!!!!!! and SKY seem to want to wash their hands of the problem as usual.
  • edited December 2013
    If this was internet related you can get reconnected by using a smart phone to create a mobile hotspot. It might cost you five or ten quid to use the extra data but if its like hundreds to ladder up a few places, its more than worth it.  
    Posted by ACEGOONER

+1

I've had this problem a few times, when playing poker its always good to have a backup plan for your internet.
  • edited December 2013
    Seems to be a lot of this going on at the moment, mine went off twice but it was only in a DYM, But 2 final tables in BIG
    events in 2 days, "and there only the ones we know of" aint right..UL M8.

PS, does this also happen to others, your playing 2 or more tables, one freezes, as if players are gettin moved.
    Then when you realise theres a problem, it says "your time has ran out you need to sign in again", which takes even more time and messing about.
  • edited December 2013
    Seems to be a lot of this going on at the moment, mine went off twice but it was only in a DYM, But 2 final tables in BIG events in 2 days, "and there only the ones we know of" aint right..UL M8. PS, does this also happen to others, your playing 2 or more tables, one freezes, as if players are gettin moved. Then when you realise theres a problem, it says "your time has ran out you need to sign in again", which takes even more time and messing about.
    Posted by tomo_efc
    And another thing, i only seem to have problems when playing poker.
  • edited December 2013
    It's not often you reach a Final Table in a Main Event and to be placed second I had a reasonable shot at the big prize. So to be blinded out in about 10 minutes when my SKY Hub/Router cant connect using SKY Broadband to the SKY Server running the SKY POKER Software, i can't help feel a little cheated of winning the big prize. As usual SKY want to blame anyone but themselves saying there were no problems at that time. And why has this thread been moved from Poker Chat to Feedback. Presumably in the hope that fewer people get to read it. Thanks to everyone who has sympathised with my bad luck last night.
  • edited December 2013
    It's not often you reach a Final Table in a Main Event and to be placed second I had a reasonable shot at the big prize. So to be blinded out in about 10 minutes when my SKY Hub/Router cant connect using SKY Broadband to the SKY Server running the SKY POKER Software, i can't help feel a little cheated of winning the big prize. As usual SKY want to blame anyone but themselves saying there were no problems at that time. And why has this thread been moved from Poker Chat to Feedback. Presumably in the hope that fewer people get to read it. Thanks to everyone who has sympathised with my bad luck last night.
    Posted by DARK4NIGHT
    Has SKY broadband confirmed that there was a connection issue at that time?  If they say there were no issues, then I would ask for that in writing from SKY broadband and then present it to SKY customer service team to then see what they have to say.

Unsure why they moved your thread, as the thread certainly has nothing to do with feedback, more of telling the community what happened in your unfortunate situation.
  • edited December 2013
    just want to state you play online you run that risk. i know from experience if it were a sky problem the prizes would of been split plus both of you would of experienced problems. i have also seen sky restart early torniments or refund you entry if it were within the first hour etc. if you were moaning about bad beats and card patterns then id agree lol but connection issues is the risk you take if you dont play live
  • edited December 2013
    this happened on the final table the other night (Tuesday I think) it had just gone to heads up and Squiffly I think it was lost connection and got blinded out......difference of £1k.
  • edited January 2014
    The most reliable internet I find is personal hotspot from iphone
  • edited January 2014
    Read with intrest this posting and will now add my experiances.

1st off Sky broadband - sky boradrand say no issues there end and of course as posted by sky poker no issues there end hmm

I was one of the software testers and personaly see the new software as a big plus so only want to see this problem fixed

I waited over last few weeks to give every possible weather excusse  not  to be in the equation

I am having countless numbers of disconnects including whole of sky poker download freezing up

Also tried browser what ever bug is in this software or server problem effects download and browser

I also have had all my FT in last few weeks I lost lot of hands due to disconnections. Sky software disconnects or freezes when other sites running in background with them having zero downtime

Run it just with Sky no other sites again disconnections other players have confimed they also disconnected at same time as mine failed , with them being with different ISP and different parts of UK

Its very simple Sky lots of your players have got major issues with Sky software please deal with this head on now as last thing we need is another round of regs not playing site.

I personaly as many know have in past made Sky my prefered site and now due to unrelated issues to this posting ie c4p now have sky as one of my sites.

However this problem has become worse and worse over last few weeks and example was, it just took 20 min for a table to just load today

I know I am not a techinical person but I am struggling to see where the excuess can be apart from the elephant in the room Sky you do have a problem either software or servers or your own ISP!
  • edited January 2014
    I'm with Vodafone and mine does exactly the same at 2.10am.... when I asked them why they said they do some kind of check so they shut everything  down and reboot..... 

hate saying this but 99% sure its not sky's fault but your service provider...
  • edited January 2014
    Hi there - sorry to hear you had that problem. We checked our systems and there wasnt any widespread issues at that time. Thanks Sky Poker  
    Posted by Sky_Poker