You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Question of the day - 13/12/13

edited December 2013 in Poker Chat

After yesterday's question on hands people win the most money with....

Comments

• edited December 2013
    QQ has been sooooo good to me, I love it!!!!
  • edited December 2013

Any thoughts on why people get into trouble with the hands shown above?
  • edited December 2013

Players generally play too many hands and get into spots with top pair and a bad kicker where they can only get lots of money in against dominating hands.  Can anyone make this sound more interesting please.

• edited December 2013
    I've voted medium strength hands like A-J, A-10, as i think when people hit there lower pocket card on the flop they think "top pair, top kicker, great cards" and start betting into the flop... it all obviously depends on the board how much you should be betting. ie, if it is a draw heavy board filled with suited or connecting cards, you should maybe bet more conservatively, but they bet none the less with just ONE PAIR and normally only get action from opponents who have better or are drawing to something better...

just realised Wilhelm has pretty much said the same thing. lol 
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: Question of the day - 13/12/13:
    I've voted medium strength hands like A-J, A-10, as i think when people hit there lower pocket card on the flop they think "top pair, top kicker, great cards" and start betting into the flop... it all obviously depends on the board how much you should be betting. ie, if it is a draw heavy board filled with suited or connecting cards, you should maybe bet more conservatively, but they bet none the less with just ONE PAIR and normally only get action from opponents who have better or are drawing to something better... just realised Wilhelm has pretty much said the same thing. lol 
    Posted by smileychop

Great minds think alike!
  • edited December 2013
    I went for the A-J/A-T type of hands. In my personal experience, people tend to stack off a bit too light with this hands when either hitting top pair vs. an overpair or when they hit an Ace and are dominated.

A-T is such a rotten hand, I think they should skip the A-T and just give me a A-4 soooooooted instead. Can make wheels and flushes with that!
  • edited December 2013
    Lol, cheers Sky... mind you, i must add that KK is absolutely atrocious for me. it goes like this...

All in pre flop, up against raggy ace, ace hits the board... sigh
  • edited December 2013
    A10 is my favourite hand, elblandie!
  • edited December 2013
    I voted for raggy paint. As Willhelm said, the way a lot of people lose money is by making dominated top pairs with stuff like K6 or weak 2pr hands like Q3 on QT3A8.
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: Question of the day - 13/12/13:
    A10 is my favourite hand, elblandie!
    Posted by Slipwater
    Enough said! :)
  • edited December 2013
    mid pairs do get me in trouble,i find it hard to play them aggressive and i also find them hard to lay down to one overcard on the flop,id welcome some advice on how to play them in the context of being 100bb deep in a cash game.
  • edited December 2013
    I voted big PP's as i find JJ the hardest hand to play
  • edited December 2013
    All of them if you play bad

• edited December 2013
    most players are more likely to think they lose with mega hands, because the money is always going in! 
    If the outcome is bad. You're out of the tourney or you've had to reload your cash balance!
    Players never forget bad beats! but how often do you dwell on losing with 9 6 off suit?