You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sticking to one site or playing many?

edited December 2013 in Poker Chat
I have recently decided to play Skypoker and only Skypoker,

I have withdrawn from 2 sites and removed the software from my Laptops and iPads and have around $80's on my last site. This is because their withdraw process is an absolute 4rse.

So from next year (maybe next week) instead of £300ish over 3 or 4 sites it's going to be on one site, this one. Anyone here decided t concrentrate on one site? Was it a good move, or is spreading your money a better option?

I'm seriously thinking of sticking my xmas bonus on here, should be around £1700 well, half of it.

Comments

• edited December 2013
    In Response to Sticking to one site or playing many?:
    I have recently decided to play Skypoker and only Skypoker, I have withdrawn from 2 sites and removed the software from my Laptops and iPads and have around $80's on my last site. This is because their withdraw process is an absolute 4rse. So from next year (maybe next week) instead of £300ish over 3 or 4 sites it's going to be on one site, this one. Anyone here decided t concrentrate on one site? Was it a good move, or is spreading your money a better option? I'm seriously thinking of sticking my xmas bonus on here, should be around £1700 well, half of it.
    Posted by VickiPKR

Well it depends on what you want to achieve by consolidating your bankroll onto one site.

It enables you to play higher games w/o going busto for starters. If you stick your Xmas bonus on here and have a roll of £2k then you can pretty much play all the MTT's you wants and cash up to NL40/50. If you just wanna play DYM £5/11 then just stick to your £300....

I prefer to play Sky only as the games (mainly cash,MTT's for me) seem to run pretty consistently at the times I want to play.

Good luck here anyway, run well!!
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Sticking to one site or playing many?:
    I have recently decided to play Skypoker and only Skypoker, I have withdrawn from 2 sites and removed the software from my Laptops and iPads and have around $80's on my last site. This is because their withdraw process is an absolute 4rse. So from next year (maybe next week) instead of £300ish over 3 or 4 sites it's going to be on one site, this one. Anyone here decided t concrentrate on one site? Was it a good move, or is spreading your money a better option? I'm seriously thinking of sticking my xmas bonus on here, should be around £1700 well, half of it.
    Posted by VickiPKR
    Xmas bonus amounting to £1770 from the DWP?? Eye opener that!
  • edited December 2013
    I'm not directly employed by the DWP, I work for CAP-GEMINI in Telford. But it's a DWP contract. Software looking for irregularities, possible fruadulant claims. Saving your taxes being wasted.

An no that does not mean I spend the day looking through your Facebook to see if you're really living together when saying you're seperated lol.
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: Sticking to one site or playing many?:
    I'm not directly employed by the DWP, I work for CAP-GEMINI in Telford. But it's a DWP contract. Software looking for irregularities, possible fruadulant claims. Saving your taxes being wasted. An no that does not mean I spend the day looking through your Facebook to see if you're really living together when saying you're seperated lol.
    Posted by VickiPKR
    It's spent playing poker...lol... dont put all your eggs in one basket..
  • edited December 2013
    Good to have money spread across sites if you grind MTTs so you got lots of options, especially if you bust a couple early and need to add a few new tables. Otherwise for cash and SnGs, just keep it up on the site where you think the action is the best imo.

No point keep more than you need in the site though. Even if you had a £100k roll, if you play 100NL then it's just pointless keep more than a few thousand in your account at any one time. Get the rest in a savings account
  • edited December 2013
    Get the rest in a savings account
    Posted by Lambert180
    You could also stick it under the mattress! Then again if you did that you would be missing out on the 0.00001% interest per annum ..
  • edited December 2013
    I used to play half a dozen sites, but to be honest, the community is a big draw for me just sticking to Sky these days. I don't contribute as much as a lot of folk here, but I read a lot of what's written every day, and it makes the whole place feel more like a family than the other faceless corporations.

As far as putting money in a savings account... I'd get an ISA instead. Lambert, you're just missing out on value otherwise ;)
  • edited December 2013

I'd just keep £300 on Sky and buy some gold with the rest. 

I keep just under 4% of my roll on Sky and just under 8% spread across nine other poker/betting/fx sites.  So I have 88% just gathering interest.  I really need to buy some gold.

• edited December 2013
    Yeah, we have some investments ect, ISA's and 1 or 2 other things. But I'm thinking maybe in January I will probabaly stick £300/£500 down and play to improve. Then reavalute where I'm at, EG- Do I put down a sizeable roll with a realistic chance of becoming a wiinning player.

If after £300 I have made good improvements, I thinking of putting down £500 purely to play 10 mains, 10 days on the run. I really really want to play a main, but I want to last in it, not be gone early on. I want to really really enjoy it.

I currently LOVE the mini, and have played it twice this week (£11 on 2 games is big spending for me) so my aim is play a main with at least a chance of cashing.
  • edited December 2013
    I used to play half a dozen sites, but to be honest, the community is a big draw for me just sticking to Sky these days. I don't contribute as much as a lot of folk here, but I read a lot of what's written every day, and it makes the whole place feel more like a family than the other faceless corporations. As far as putting money in a savings account... I'd get an ISA instead. Lambert, you're just missing out on value otherwise ;)
    Posted by Slipwater
    An ISA is a savings account, of a sort. I generally try to fill my ISA allowance every year anyway, you're only allowed like £5k per year arent ya (x 2 if you have a partner).
  • edited December 2013
    Something else has just dawned me, I'm currently in a 3k GTD 6max on another site, but I'm playing it on my iPad. Sky do not support iPad do they.

Not sure I could stick purely to a site that doesn't have iPad support. An no I don't want to use puffin it's awful.

I would like to put myself forward for any iPad beta testing Sky do, in our household we have 1 ipad 3 a new iPad with retina (iPad4) and a iPad Air. Plus 2 iphone 5's  1 iPhone5s and a iphone4s. Although sky probably already know this due to our Sky+app , sky news for ipad an sky go usage.
  • edited December 2013
    if ya wana play a main and ya feel the buyin is too big for you,try to satellite in
  • edited December 2013
    Only ever played on one other site - the one with the same three numbers in it - and it was flippin rubbish.
  • edited December 2013
    Only ever played on one other site - the one with the same three numbers in it - and it was flippin rubbish.
    Posted by 55013
    Is that 999 yep you want to keep off them police sites...
  • edited December 2013

Personally I'd steer well clear of any sites that mess you about when it comes to withdrawing, a big red flag in my book.

Sky get a lot of flack about various things, but one thing they cannot be criticised about is speed and ease of withdrawals, probably the best in the industry. You can be as close to certain as is possible that your money is safe here.

At the moment I have money on three sites, I'm a winning player on all three, Sky is my main site.

I'm on my second six month self-exclusion on Stars, don't like it there, run bad there. Stars MTTs are too big for me anyway, I don't have enough playing time for a deep run in anything with a semi-decent structure. Also I'm uncomfortable with their size, Star's market share is very big when you consider they also own Full Tilt these days. We have a site that knowingly broke the law for many years and whose owner is still on the run dominating the poker industry. I'm not sure that's a good thing. 

• edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: Sticking to one site or playing many? : An ISA is a savings account, of a sort. I generally try to fill my ISA allowance every year anyway, you're only allowed like £5k per year arent ya (x 2 if you have a partner).
    Posted by Lambert180
    I think it's about £3.4K per year. I have one.

The wife has about seventeen :)
  • edited December 2013
    You can invest up to 11.5k in ISAs PA half in cash ISA and half in a share ISA.
  • edited December 2013
    I play most of the time on Sky, (slightly less so now the softwrare has changed), but if I fancy some stud or mixed games I have to play elsewhere.
  • edited December 2013
    I play mostly on Sky. I do have a small roll i've built up on Stars but haven't touched that for a few months. Had a terrible week on here though and killed some of my roll. I don't play on any other sites other than Sky or Stars and 95% of my play is on Sky, having had such a bad week though (poor play and some bad beats) I may play Stars the next few days. I do feel I can multi-table better on Stars as my laptop doesn't like too many Sky tables whereas it's fine with 6 Stars tables, even with the new Sky software my laptop seems to cope better with Stars multi to Sky.
  • edited December 2013
    There are a cpl of tournaments i like on other sites but in general i prefer 6 max in MTT,s which you don,t find to often elsewhere. They can seem a bit boring on 9 player tables. Less action and a bit slower, after getting used to Sky MTT,s for so long

Plus making notes on some of the bigger sites is almost pointless as your likely never to see them again in some of these huge fields