You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Disconnection Issues

edited December 2013 in Feedback & Suggestions
I,ve sent an email to customer care and complaints as since the launch of the new software it is happening more frequently and its got to the point now where i am losing money on a regular basis basis

I,ve been with Sky for over 7 years and want to continue but i don,t feel i can while this issue remains unresolved

I,ve talked to customer care on several occasions and just get the same answer everytime which has never worked

Joe B: Hi, my name is Joe B. How may I help you?
 Paul Robinson: Ever since the new software came out i,m getting disconnected all the time - part way through the games and sometimes when i,m playing more than 1 table i,ll just get disconnected on 1 table wheras the tables will be working fine
 Joe B: To ensure your system has the optimum compatibility to the games, please try the following:

- Use either Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox as your browser.
- Clear the cache of cookies on this browser.
- Ensure that this browser is enabled for popups.
- Re-download the latest version of Adobe Flashplayer.

Once you have ensured compatibility in this way and are confident your connection is secure enough to play, you can manually launch any active tournaments that you have pre-registered for by going to ‘My Sky Poker’ and then ‘My Tables’.

Comments

• edited December 2013
    Hi,

This is a tough one as it doesn't seem to be affecting anyone else so could mean it's a problem or bug at your end.

I presume that you have done all of the above to no avail? It may be that your PC is not as compatible as others with the new software, causing the issues and not allowing you to play at the standard you hope for.

If you have tried the above and have had no improvement in play, I will raise this with our software engineers to see if it is something they could help with.

Thanks,
    Jordan
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: Disconnection Issues:
    Hi, This is a tough one as it doesn't seem to be affecting anyone else so could mean it's a problem or bug at your end. I presume that you have done all of the above to no avail? It may be that your PC is not as compatible as others with the new software, causing the issues and not allowing you to play at the standard you hope for. If you have tried the above and have had no improvement in play, I will raise this with our software engineers to see if it is something they could help with. Thanks, Jordan
    Posted by Sky_Jordan
    How can they say "No one else is having disconnection issues". I have and have been complaining about it for weeks on the Forum and in e-mails. There are others reporting it in the Feedback area. Sympathies mate. I lost nearly £700 this week, maybe more when I was disconnected from a Final Table of the Main. Sky needs to acknowledge that something is wrong.
  • edited December 2013
    Why are you asking users to clear their Cookies on their browser to resolve a disconnection issue? And especially without mentioning the ramifications of this to users? I've got cookies from loads of sites on my machine that I want to keep and I wouldn't want to clear them down just to solve an issue that probably wouldn't be at my end anyway.
  • edited December 2013
    Clearing cookies would do nothing to help someone with connection issues with the downloaded client as well. 
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: Disconnection Issues:
    Why are you asking users to clear their Cookies on their browser to resolve a disconnection issue? And especially without mentioning the ramifications of this to users? I've got cookies from loads of sites on my machine that I want to keep and I wouldn't want to clear them down just to solve an issue that probably wouldn't be at my end anyway.
    Posted by FCHD
    I mentioned that on another thread. It's pretty annoying advice.

• edited December 2013
    its never skys fault they are incapable of admitting that they have a problem until enough people vote with there feet nothing will change