You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The Sky Poker free roll

edited December 2013 in Poker Chat
In Response to The Sky Poker fake free roll:
Hi all, Just for fun i tried the Sky poker freeroll. I assume it is for the less experienced player which is good. You pay 20 points to play but to have any chance you need to make a £0.50 rebuy and a £0.50 add on. The tourney is guaranteed for the massive sum of £20 but Sky poker deducts all rebuys and add ons from the initial guaurantee. How mean is that?!  I would have thought the Sky Poker points would cover the £20....You would have thought that a little generosity would be better than fleecing the less experienced players.  To me ...making tiny increases to your profit margin at the expense of new players is totally immoral. I cannot beleive that if any of the excellent Sky Poker presenters were aware of this that the would condone it. Regards Derek   www.bridgewebs.com/dereksanders
Posted by Deek10
Sky aren't obligated to give anything for free, the fact that they give you the chance to play in a tournament for free is generous in itself. They don't force you to take a rebuy or add-on.

Comments

• edited December 2013
    Hi all,
    Just for fun i tried the Sky poker freeroll. I assume it is for the less experienced player which is good.
    You pay 20 points to play but to have any chance you need to make a £0.50 rebuy and a £0.50 add on.
    The tourney is guaranteed for the massive sum of £20 but Sky poker deducts all rebuys and add ons from the initial guarantee. How mean is that?! 
    I would have thought the Sky Poker points would cover the £20. So maybe a little generosity is better than fleecing the less experienced players. 
    To me ...making tiny increases to your profit margin at the expense of new players is not condusive to encouraging the game. It would be good to hear from any of the excellent Sky Poker presenters about what they think.
    Regards Derek  

• edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: The Sky Poker fake free roll:
    In Response to The Sky Poker fake free roll : Sky aren't obligated to give anything for free, the fact that they give you the chance to play in a tournament for free is generous in itself. They don't force you to take a rebuy or add-on.
    Posted by peter27
    My point is that is not free. You have to have invested money in the first place to get Sky Poker points.
    Its just a micro rebuy tourney and should be described as such.
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: The Sky Poker free roll:
    In Response to Re: The Sky Poker fake free roll : My point is that is not free. You have to have invested money in the first place to get Sky Poker points. Its just a micro rebuy tourney and should be described as such.
    Posted by Deek10
    Not true I am afraid, you get poker points for free when you join.
  • edited December 2013
    I'm pretty sure the more peope that rebuy the guarantee increases. I've never got anywhere near the end of one of these freeerolls, but I know for a fact on other sites part of the rebuy goes into the prize find.
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: The Sky Poker free roll:
    I'm pretty sure the more peope that rebuy the guarantee increases. I've never got anywhere near the end of one of these freeerolls, but I know for a fact on other sites part of the rebuy goes into the prize find.
    Posted by VickiPKR
    Morning Vicki.

My understanding is this.....

It does not increase the "Guarantee" as such, a Guarantee is exactly that, a Guarantee that the Prize Pool is a minumum stated figure.

If the Rebuys & Add-Ons total MORE than the Guarantee, though, then the Prize Pool DOES increase.

So, assume a £20 Guarantee, & there are 25 Rebuys or Add Ons @ £1 each, I believe the Prize Pool to be distributed to the players now becomes £25.

In that example, Sky Poker have contributed NOTHING to the Prize Pool.

However, if there are ZERO Rebuys & Add-Ons, the Prize Pool will be Guaranteed @ £20, so Sky Poker have given away £20.

If there are 10 Rebuys or Add Ons @ £1, Sky Poker contribute £10 to the Prize Pool. (£20 minus £10).

Players don't have to Rebuy or Add-On, of course, they can play it as a pure Freeroll if they so wish.

Isn't it extraordinary how much negativity Freerolls cause!

• edited December 2013

I hope the Suits don't think this is a little over the top, & send me a nasty Memo, but in one of the Freeroll threads a week or two ago, I really had a smile to myself.

In a debate about Freerolls in Sky Poker, one chap was clearly quite miffed. His state of miffedness was off the miff scale in fact.

So he wrote - words to the effect.....

I'm so disgusted with Sky's Freerolls, that I now refuse to play Freerolls on Sky, & will only play them on other sites from now on. So there.

Oooh!

I'm really not sure why, but that rather tickled my fancy, & in so many ways. My mind boggled right off the boggle-o-meter.  
  • edited December 2013
    Good morning Deek
    The freerolls are free, i have won the odd one by not rebuying and no add ons.
    Iplay them purely for fun and i play them very loose.
    A good cheap tournament try the @2.20 afternoon DEEPSTACK  for £2.20.
    It is a very friendly game and a great way to get some experience.
    All the best
    Rainman397  
  • edited December 2013
    lol tikay that made me laugh

there free rolls ya can choose to play em or not why are people moaning about free money
  • edited December 2013
    I'm not 100%, but I think your name is missing an 'r'. Try find out where.