You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Running well suddenly ends?!

Argh! Was just running really well in a £200 Guaranteed tournament until the first tournament break, at that point I was in a comfortable 4th place overall. But after the break I lost every hand I entered! Was still getting luck in terms of hitting my hole cards - but others kept beating me! -.-

Has anyone else had their luck suddenly die like this in the past? I've never experienced this before :-(

Comments

• edited December 2013
    In Response to Running well suddenly ends?!:
    Argh! Was just running really well in a £200 Guaranteed tournament until the first tournament break, at that point I was in a comfortable 4th place overall. But after the break I lost every hand I entered! Was still getting luck in terms of hitting my hole cards - but others kept beating me! -.- Has anyone else had their luck suddenly die like this in the past? I've never experienced this before :-(
    Posted by peter27
    Really fella??

I once ran well for 12 days on the bounce then i had my AK beaten by 6 7, i thought OMG here we go, back to normal now!!
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: Running well suddenly ends?!:
    In Response to Running well suddenly ends?! : Really fella?? I once ran well for 12 days on the bounce then i had my AK beaten by 6 7, i thought OMG here we go, back to normal now!!
    Posted by davelufc
    Yeah, I guess variance changes happen to everyone, just never had it mid-tournament before :p
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: Running well suddenly ends?! : Yeah, I guess variance changes happen to everyone, just never had it mid-tournament before :p
    Posted by peter27
    Really fella!!!!????

Does the variance change normally happen at the start or the end then???
  • edited December 2013
    it happened to me just last week when I won the orford league and had £259 but then comes disaster and my BR went from £259 all the way down to >£20 and now I seem back to winning ways again

I get the feeling multi tabling in them is a very big help and listen to music.

if I'm in a few MTTs it can make a loss much easier to take.
  • edited December 2013
    had is the other way around in the 400 bh last week.

I only just managed to stay in before the break and was in the bottom 3 losing just about every hand I entered. post the break the cards started going my way, I got a couple of quick double ups took a few heads and went on to finish fourth. 
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: Running well suddenly ends?! : Really fella!!!!???? Does the variance change normally happen at the start or the end then???
    Posted by davelufc
    Usually changes on a day-by-day basis to be honest!

had is the other way around in the 400 bh last week.   I only just managed to stay in before the break and was in the bottom 3 losing just about every hand I entered. post the break the cards started going my way, I got a couple of quick double ups took a few heads and went on to finish fourth. 
    Posted by mac24
    That's great! Bet you were delighted :D
  • edited December 2013
    It happened to me at the start of the 24 hour marathon.

I won the first hand then lost the next 6,235 I played.

...at least, it felt that way ;)