You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Best course of action

edited December 2013 in The Poker Clinic
I dont really have any reads on the opponent but what would you do when faced with the flop action holding top 2?

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceOpponentSmall blind £0.02£0.02£3.37bullshop4Big blind £0.04£0.06£2.96 Your hole cardsAQ   Jangles594Fold    k8cykeFold    dabossmanRaise £0.16£0.22£3.53kj86Call £0.16£0.38£2.22OpponentCall £0.14£0.52£3.23bullshop4Fold    Flop  QA7   OpponentBet £0.26£0.78£2.97dabossmanRaise £0.60£1.38£2.93kj86Fold    OpponentRaise £0.68£2.06£2.29dabossman?    

Comments

• edited December 2013
    I'd raise the flop bigger the first time round.

Now it's really up to you as long as you don't fold... get it in now on the flop, or just flat cos when he barrels the turn it'll be a shove, and if it's not, then you shove :)
  • edited December 2013
    Given the way the hand is played do you think we should never be folding in this spot?
  • edited December 2013
    Only really losing to 77. Get the monies in! Can still house up ;)
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: Best course of action:
    Given the way the hand is played do you think we should never be folding in this spot?
    Posted by dabossman
    Yes.
  • edited December 2013
  • edited December 2013
    I did shove, and as usual ran into the flopped set :(. Bonus points to HH for guessing it

In my mind I am never getting away from this but just wanted to check if I should have conidered folding given the donk bet and and the 4 bet.

• edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: Best course of action:
    I did shove, and as usual ran into the flopped set :(. Bonus points to HH for guessing it In my mind I am never getting away from this but just wanted to check if I should have conidered folding given the donk bet and and the 4 bet.
    Posted by dabossman
    we might have the risk of 77 being held but if we have no readings then we have to include hands like Q7s A7s and A7o in his range of hands too so their is no option but to call.

what i would do on the flop is just call his donk bet as we will still get value from him if he has 2 pair but more importantly we can give his raggy aces more confidence of being held and you not facing suck a difficult and questionable jam.
  • edited December 2013
    Well it's nice that our opponent telegraphed the strength of his hand with the 3bet. However, even if we give him a really tight range that includes just 1 combo of A7s and 1 of Q7s and then AQ and 77 we still have 47% equity and so we have to get it in given that we need less than 47% equity to continue. If we had A7 instead (one worse in hand strength) it actually becomes a fold whereby we only have 17.7% equity.