You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

HU tourny launches after one finishes

I know this problem has been mentioned before but I thought it had been fixed.
I just played a £2.10 HU tourny.
When it finished, I was typing WP in the chat boxand hit enter.
The chat didn't appear as the pop up offering rematch appeared.
I clicked on the cross to close it and then hit enter again to post the WP.
A rematch tourny opened that I didn't want. (yes, I lost, but beside the point)
This is totally unacceptable.

Just to be clear
I only typed WP and ENTER, then closed the pop up by using the cross, then ENTER again.
At no time did I press ACCEPT for a rematch.
Please sort it out properly.

ps. this was on the download client

Comments

• edited December 2013
    Hello,

You are correct in saying this has been mentioned before and we did solve the initial issue here.

You say that you closed the initial rematch box before pressing enter. By closing the rematch box with the "x" in the top right corner no other boxes should appear. Therefore hitting enter should not launch you into another game as there is no game to accept once the box has been closed.

Should you have pressed enter before you closed the rematch box this will accept the rematch. From what you say I believe you may have pressed enter just as the rematch box appeared and then closed it without realising you had already accepted it. 

The way the site operates means "enter" is used as a hotkey to accept default options on these pop up boxes. So in the heads up sit n gos it is worth taking extra care to avoid accepting a rematch in error. If you do have a further experience of this please leave more feedback and we will investigate again.

Thanks

Sam
  • edited December 2013
    I guess that raises another question, why does the pop up take the focus away from your typing in the chat box?
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: HU tourny launches after one finishes:
    Hello, You are correct in saying this has been mentioned before and we did solve the initial issue  here . You say that you closed the initial rematch box before pressing enter. By closing the rematch box with the "x" in the top right corner no other boxes should appear. Therefore hitting enter should not launch you into another game as there is no game to accept once the box has been closed. Should you have pressed enter before you closed the rematch box this will accept the rematch. From what you say I believe you may have pressed enter just as the rematch box appeared and then closed it without realising you had already accepted it.  The way the site operates means "enter" is used as a hotkey to accept default options on these pop up boxes. So in the heads up sit n gos it is worth taking extra care to avoid accepting a rematch in error. If you do have a further experience of this please leave more feedback and we will investigate again. Thanks Sam
    Posted by Sky_SamT
    Thanks for your reply Sam

I was drawing dead before the river on the final hand so began typing in the chat box.
    Obviously no pop up had appeared then, but in the split second between typing WP and hitting ENTER the pop up must have appeared.
    I started typing early so that my opponent would see it before the dreaded pop up. Race against time.

As has been mentioned elsewhere, the pop up appears much too quickly on all STT.
    Usually I don't even see what the winning hand is before it appears.

Can't you delay the pop up for a few seconds at the end.
    I know sky want us to play again straight away but about 5 seconds delay would solve both the issues mentioned.

Win/win.