You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Your best unusual but helpful tip!

edited December 2013 in Poker Chat

We were discussing this in the office...

What interesting fact or tip have you heard that helped you in poker?

An example is something like 'all straights have either a 5 or a 10 in them'. Obvious when you think about it but interesting and useful too!

Any others?

Comments

• edited December 2013

I received one piece of advice that when i heard it sounded stupid and it wasnt until later that i realised just how good it was.

The ability to fold the nuts is the difference between a good player and a great player.

This is of course for omaha when you flop the dead nuts(that is no redraws available to you) of a hand like a straight on a board showing possible flush draw. If there is a lot of action before you it becomes an easy fold. Lots of cards to avoid that give flushes or houses.
  • edited December 2013

aggression at the beginning of MTT should be done with care as large chip stacks will be unlikely to improve my chances of winning or final tabling, instead all it does is tell them with weaker hands to fold leaving me with sets, nut flushes and nut straights.

• edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: Your best unusual but helpful tip!:
    aggression at the beginning of MTT should be done with care as large chip stacks will be unlikely to improve my chances of winning or final tabling, instead all it does is tell them with weaker hands to fold leaving me with sets, nut flushes and nut straights.
    Posted by craigcu12

Greg Raymer once said to me "Never tie up your shoelaces in a revolving door" I'ts helped me a lot!