You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Question of the day - 17/12/13

edited December 2013 in Poker Chat

With 2013 nearly over, how have you developed as a player this year?

Comments

• edited December 2013

Importantly, if you have improved, what are you better at?

What in your game have you improved? (and vice versa)
  • edited December 2013
    One of things that I think has really improved my game is to question things more and not just mark loads of things down as 'standard'.

Like (no matter what Hyyfftdrr says lol) sometimes it isn't always standard to HAVE to shove X hand with 13xBB, sometimes minraise/folding is the best option where I always had stuck in my 'head X number of BBs there is only 2 options, shove or fold'.

And just generally making more player specific decisions, like bet/folding very strong hands on a river when we know X player will only ever raise with better.
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: Question of the day - 17/12/13:
    Importantly, if you have improved, what are you better at? What in your game have you improved? (and vice versa)
    Posted by Sky_Poker

I've found that i'm much quicker at losing my money now than when i started and that's got to be a good thing, right!?
  • edited December 2013
    im about the same as last yr but hopin to improve next yr more studying on the game and realising what i done wrong.. watch sky poker more and hopefully ave a bit of luck for a change
  • edited December 2013

Interesting, keep the thoughts coming.
  • edited December 2013
    Has to be hand reading. And I think its something everyone improves on in time.
  • edited December 2013

my poker in December has made the answer much harder for me to decide but i will go slighty better as this is just a short period so I can't be assured just yet.

before December the answer would have easily been slightly better because my cash game this year has improved massively but what was still very poor was my MTT and SnG games, December was the month when that changed and now i am getting ever so close to the final tables and in every MTT I enter I will have the confidence of getting past the bubble.

• edited December 2013
    I am a much better player ,but I am not winning as much as I did before, depending on my skills rather than luck!

Now ,I ask the question!

Is poker a game of skill or Luck?

Answers please!
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: Question of the day - 17/12/13:
    I am a much better player ,but I am not winning as much as I did before, depending on my skills rather than luck! Now ,I ask the question! Is poker a game of skill or Luck? Answers please!
    Posted by wynne1938

Easy! The answer is SKUCK!
  • edited December 2013
    I am a SLIGHTLY BETTER player
  • edited December 2013
    I find I can read more of the possibilities on the board....but still make the silly calls when I know the hands could be there and end up giving my chips away :)
  • edited December 2013
    I am a MUCH better player now - understand so much more about poker; bet sizing, positional play, looking for trends in the way your opposition plays ... and all that thanks to Sky Poker and the community :-)
  • edited December 2013
    I am a slightly worse player....or feel it anyway.

I know that in order to significantly improve then you need to put time into reading books, watching videos and analysing hands etc...but tbh I just ain't got enough hours in the day!!! Poker is just a fun hobby to me and any winnings are a bonus. I learn by playing, reading this forum and watching 861.

Hoping for a better 2014 on the tables!
  • edited December 2013
    Yeah think I've improved a bit this year.
  • edited December 2013
    I think I've learned that my live game, I.e. picking up tells and reads on players is reasonably good, and my online game needs lots of improving, I cant play much live being in N.I. so I am going to need to sort out some coaching for online. Any good coaches got room for a student???