You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

lobbys slow in updating

edited December 2013 in Poker Chat
its a pain in the bu tt    just looked at a tourney was 6 players in when i clicked the tourney was 61 players

Comments

• edited December 2013
    I've noticed the same thing today, can only assume it's something to with the site maintenance that was scheduled for 5 a.m this morning.
  • edited December 2013
    Hi folks,

It's being looked into. 

Thanks,
    Dave
  • edited December 2013

Yes, waiting lists and stuff is not updating either.

• edited December 2013
    Yep, I raised this in live chat earlier too. DYMs showing in play and finished games, but no option for new games.

When a new game does appear, I sign up and it says 1 or 2 people including me. Then suddenly the table appears 5 mins later and 5 or 6 hands have already been played. Annoying.
  • edited December 2013
    Worst day ever on sky poker. As I speak, cheapest DYM is £16.50, only dearer ones showing. 30p Turbo's have disapeared. Have nearly £1000 deposited with Sky, seriously thinking of going elsewhere. The problems above have been going on all day long.
  • edited December 2013
    This has been happening in sngs for over 3 months.
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: lobbys slow in updating:
    Worst day ever on sky poker. As I speak, cheapest DYM is £16.50, only dearer ones showing. 30p Turbo's have disapeared. Have nearly £1000 deposited with Sky, seriously thinking of going elsewhere. The problems above have been going on all day long.
    Posted by thefa1lacy
    Hi Fa1lacy,

Yes, it is a bit of a nuisance, but as Sky Dave Posted earlier, they are looking at it & hopefully it'll be sorted shortly.

Those 30p Turbo DYM's ARE in the Lobby though. If you are in the SNG Lobby, just click the Cash, &/or Tourney Lobby Tabs, then immediately return to the SNG Tab, & the 30p Turbos, & everything else, will then appear. I've just looked, & done that, & they were all present & correct.

I've been playing DYM's all evening, same problem, but once I do that clicky clicky thing, everything is fine.

Hope it has not marred your evening too much.

Hopefully everything will be tickity-boo by the morning.
  • edited December 2013
    +1

very slow tonight

was getting fed up with it and cut my session short
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: lobbys slow in updating : Hi Fa1lacy, Yes, it is a bit of a nuisance, but as Sky Dave Posted earlier, they are looking at it & hopefully it'll be sorted shortly. Those 30p Turbo DYM's ARE in the Lobby though. If you are in the SNG Lobby, just click the Cash, &/or Tourney Lobby Tabs, then immediately return to the SNG Tab, & the 30p Turbos, & everything else, will then appear. I've just looked, & done that, & they were all present & correct. I've been playing DYM's all evening, same problem, but once I do that clicky clicky thing, everything is fine. Hope it has not marred your evening too much.   Hopefully everything will be tickity-boo by the morning.
    Posted by Tikay10

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my post Tikay, it's appreciated. I shall persevere with Sky Poker, I'm sure it will all be sorted out soon.

• edited December 2013
    This lag has been occurring alongside the scheduled updates for a looo0o0oonnnnggg time. Howay sky tech!  :)
  • edited December 2013
    sng tables not spawning .. very few to choose from tonight
  • edited December 2013
    Really effecting the traffic too, shame :(
  • edited December 2013
    Hi all,

Apologies for the continued issues you're experiencing on the tables this morning. We had been assured this was going to be fixed but it's obviously not been resolved fully. I have again raised this with the Technology team here and it is being investigated.

I'll update this thread as soon as I have any additional information.

Thanks again,
    Dave
  • edited December 2013
    I can report that from my perspective, it all seems to be working fine this morning, so thanks for fixing it (whoever fixed it!)

Sadly the traffic is atrocious though. I don't know if that's related to this problem or because people are out living their lives instead of staying in all day playing poker like me.
  • edited December 2013
    From what I am seeing here (and please don't mistake me for the Techie Team - they're smarter than me!), it seems to still be affecting cash games but not SNGs or Tournaments.

If any of you experience issues on SNGs or Tourneys can you post details in this thread and I'll feed it back to them.
  • edited December 2013
    From what I am seeing here (and please don't mistake me for the Techie Team - they're smarter than me!), it seems to still be affecting cash games but not SNGs or Tournaments. If any of you experience issues on SNGs or Tourneys can you post details in this thread and I'll feed it back to them.
    Posted by Sky_Dave
    still the same horrendous problems in the HU SNG lobbies.

we're well used to them never updating automartically / only showing some games: that's been ongoing for months. shame that we have to just shrug and get used to clicking in and out of lobbies to get an upto date list with all games showing, but hey ho.

today, however, tables arent opening. it's happened to me twice where ive missed the start.

ive had two opponents not make it to the table until 4-5 hands have been dealt, and one didnt make it at all.

i'm playing on the latest windows, using the download client. although in  my account history it does say some rematches have opened using the internet client.
  • edited December 2013
    When I register for a tournament, the tournament name doesn't always embolden, if you know what I mean. Obviously not as frustrating as yesterday, but difficult to see what I'm already in for.
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: lobbys slow in updating : still the same horrendous problems in the HU SNG lobbies. we're well used to them never updating automartically / only showing some games: that's been ongoing for months. shame that we have to just shrug and get used to clicking in and out of lobbies to get an upto date list with all games showing, but hey ho. today, however, tables arent opening. it's happened to me twice where ive missed the start. ive had two opponents not make it to the table until 4-5 hands have been dealt, and one didnt make it at all. i'm playing on the latest windows, using the download client. although in  my account history it does say some rematches have opened using the internet client.
    Posted by TeddyBloat

Teddy, 

Can you let me know which HU SNG tables you were trying to reg for? (Buy-ins and time approximately) We have spotted something about a set of tables which can either be cash, SNG or tournaments which might be causing an issue. Any info appreciated!

• edited December 2013
    yeah £2.10 hypers. from 10am till now, though the tables not opening probably happened from 10 till 12

after a game has finished there are no hypers available / viewable even if i have took the option of registering for a new one before the old table finishes.

i have to click to another tab eg "tournament" or "find a player".

then when i re-enter the SNG lobby the hypers will be back up / viewable again - often though it will not show me as being registered ie the main lobby will say "0/2 registered" for the hyper i am regged for.

the above has been happening for months.

the tables not opening only happened between 1030 - 12 ish. this has been a problem in the past, but not for a couple of months.

thanks
  • edited December 2013
    Thanks for the info, Teddy.
  • edited December 2013
    Hi all,

The Technology team have done some resetting and button pressing. Can you check to see if you're still having issues? I'm particularly keen to know if the SNG stuff is any better as a result too.

Thanks for your patience - it's much appreciated.

Dave
  • edited December 2013
    Lobby won't open at all....anyone else suffering?

I need to wrack up more points!
  • edited December 2013
  • edited December 2013
    anyone else now having problems loading tables? I just get a white screen for around a minute then I miss my place on the list and eventually it loads.
  • edited December 2013
    anyone else now having problems loading tables? I just get a white screen for around a minute then I miss my place on the list and eventually it loads.
    Posted by nmipeis

yeah its bull****, it needs sorting ASAP
  • edited December 2013
    well im glad its not just me. I literally missed seats in the 8 games I was listed for.
  • edited December 2013
    Getting fed up with the white screen issue. I'm not getting into the dym's until well after they've started.

• edited December 2013
    Posted by nmipeis
    I've been having the same problem. Very irritating.
  • edited December 2013

Sorry if you had a problem. There was something earlier which caused errors for a small number of players but it was fixed quickly. If anyone does have any other problems, please contact customer care.