You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

pokerz

edited December 2013 in Poker Chat
Hey every1!

I know people complain a lot when they get bad beats are running bad.

Just a quick question, does anyone just get fed up with poker?

Kinda have been feeling that way this week, probably because of Saturday.

I've hardly played at all, and it's just been MTT's and ive not played optimally, pretty sure it would be fair to say!

Anyone ever feel like that/?

Comments

• edited December 2013
    In Response to pokerz:
    Hey every1! I know people complain a lot when they get bad beats are running bad. Just a quick question, does anyone just get fed up with poker? Kinda have been feeling that way this week, probably because of Saturday. I've hardly played at all, and it's just been MTT's and ive not played optimally, pretty sure it would be fair to say! Anyone ever feel like that/?
    Posted by LARSON7
    Not very often but when I do 1 one night off usually sorts it. I'm sure it's down to your marathon at weekend.

The thing is if people have a hobby say fishing sports etc its usually once a week or maybe twice. Poker is something people tend to do more often I would guess at least 3 times a week minimum so it's understandable if you get a bit bored.
  • edited December 2013

How do Larson!

Yeah, regularly. Best thing? Just have a break. Enjoy some other things and you will want to play again soon.

Sitting in front of a screen for hours, no matter what you’re doing, you will start to feel bored/drained etc etc. It’s a game of fun so when you aren’t enjoying it just don’t play.

You don’t have to play all the time.

In any other hobby in life, if you aren’t enjoying it you would stop until you start to enjoy it again. Poker should be no different.

• edited December 2013
    Hey Kev

Repeating myself, I know but....
    Live poker!
    You did well last time and a change of scene may be just what you need after the weekend.

Mass responses elsewhere by the way after your begging :)
  • edited December 2013
  • edited December 2013
    Yep i'm a bit fed up at the mo, running bad doesn't help, so with rainman banging on about the 2.20 £2.20 
    deep stack "don't usualy play in the afternoon" but thought a change might do me good.....

First game AA got busted by JJ,..... then today 10th hand go out, full house over full house, so that's me finnished for a while.  Then again might just play the.......no...no....no..
  • edited December 2013
    To be fair, poker is a great game but some of you play literally for 4,5,7 hours a day, that's kinda wierd. So feeling a little poker fatigue is probably natural. Just like I or my fella or my friends may get alittle fed up with work.

Have you ever considered getting a JOB? I know that's a diirty word around here.

• edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: pokerz:
    To be fair, poker is a great game but some of you play literally for 4,5,7 hours a day, that's kinda wierd. So feeling a little poker fatigue is probably natural. Just like I or my fella or my friends may get alittle fed up with work. Have you ever considered getting a JOB? I know that's a diirty word around here.
    Posted by VickiPKR

Dont have a job, but i do have a bus pass, we aint all young wipper snappers, who play poker, and as for your 4,5,7 hours
    playing, that's in a week for me.

• edited December 2013
    Get that feeling quite a few times a year. Just a few weeks ago I felt like quitting things just wouldn't come together and bad hit after bad hit does get you down. It's the feeling that you know you got it in good but constantly lose that frustrates you. 

A few days off of absolutely nothing poker related usually does the trick and hey presto I'm more determined than ever! 
  • edited December 2013
    lol pretty sure its down to the weekend.

Thanks everyone.

Truthfully, i've been playing terrible.

Probably will take a break.

@ Jac, might give live play a go again, just annoying having to drive into the town and the games dont really start till 11!
  • edited December 2013
    Jac, might give live play a go again, just annoying having to drive into the town and the games dont really start till 11!
    Posted by LARSON7
    Give liamboi11 a buzz - the three of us can make a weekend of it!
  • edited December 2013
    To be fair, poker is a great game but some of you play literally for 4,5,7 hours a day, that's kinda wierd. So feeling a little poker fatigue is probably natural. Just like I or my fella or my friends may get alittle fed up with work. Have you ever considered getting a JOB? I know that's a diirty word around here.
    Posted by VickiPKR
    i usually play 10 hours a day 6 days a week taking saturdays off, why is it wierd? its called grinding!!! 
  • edited December 2013
    Posted by VickiPKR
    Haha - pretty sure most of the regulars in here do have one of those things, Vick :)
  • edited December 2013
    VPKR Definitely a  windup merchant.