You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

5k freeroll 21/12/13, anybody know the entry requirements?

edited December 2013 in Poker Chat
I play regularly at low stakes here but am new to the forum so hello everyone!

I see there is a 5k timed freeroll due to take place in a couple of days but can't find any information regarding obtaining the password, does anybody know the entry requirements? Depending on the number of entrants surely this will be about as good as a freeroll ever got?! 

I'd be grateful for any information, thanks for looking

Comments

• edited December 2013
    Hi Chris

Sorry, I don't know the requirements for the freeroll.
    As with all freerolls on here, you will be contacted with password if you're eligible.

Welcome to the forum
  • edited December 2013
    Hey Chris,

No idea what the criteria is, my theory is it's for people that have lapsed accounts, those who havn't played on the site in a while.

But noone knows, and sky will not come forward with this info.

Maybe they will open it up to everyone.
  • edited December 2013
    Hi Jac! Thanks for taking the time to reply. Even if I am not eligible for this freeroll I'd really like to know how I can qualify for such a great event next time around, if there is a certain number of points that need to earned each month or suchlike. 

I must say I'm having a difficult time earning as many points as I would like. Last month I only got a bonus of £5.17, though I was mainly only playing the micro buy in SnGs, but that still represented several hundred games. This month I have been playing some of the £5.50 buy in games but was very disappointed to only receive 5 points for those games. I've no idea how people are managing the 10,000 priority level even playing much higher stakes?

Is it all about grinding the cash tables?
  • edited December 2013
    Hi Chris,

Players who are eligible for the £5k freeroll will have been contacted by email with details on how to enter, etc. Some freerolls are offered based on Poker Points earned in a month, some are for certain groups of customers, etc. Make sure your email address is correct on your My Account section and keep an eye out for promotional emails - or of course forum threads/social media.

Thanks,
    Dave
  • edited December 2013
    No Chris, it's nothing to do with "priority" or points gained.
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to 5k freeroll 21/12/13, anybody know the entry requirements?:
    I play regularly at low stakes here but am new to the forum so hello everyone! I see there is a 5k timed freeroll due to take place in a couple of days but can't find any information regarding obtaining the password, does anybody know the entry requirements? Depending on the number of entrants surely this will be about as good as a freeroll ever got?!  I'd be grateful for any information, thanks for looking
    Posted by chrisimpct

The password is L'OREAL because.....oops!
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: 5k freeroll 21/12/13, anybody know the entry requirements?:
    Hi Jac! Thanks for taking the time to reply. Even if I am not eligible for this freeroll I'd really like to know how I can qualify for such a great event next time around, if there is a certain number of points that need to earned each month or suchlike.  I must say I'm having a difficult time earning as many points as I would like. Last month I only got a bonus of £5.17, though I was mainly only playing the micro buy in SnGs, but that still represented several hundred games. This month I have been playing some of the £5.50 buy in games but was very disappointed to only receive 5 points for those games. I've no idea how people are managing the 10,000 priority level even playing much higher stakes? Is it all about grinding the cash tables?
    Posted by chrisimpct
    Hi Chris. 

for SNGs/MTTS you get 1 point for every 10p in rake you pay - the £5.50 games have 50p rake, so you earn 5 points. Grinding cash will get you points easier than MTTs/SNGs however it is possible to make priority just from these. i did last month, but I play 6-12 tables for 5-7 hours 5 days a week with an average BI of £20...
  • edited December 2013
    How do you get the password, haven't been e-mailed nothing and have over 8,000 poker points.
  • edited December 2013
    Well I did lol

Didn't realise how much I've been playing freeroll games, oh well, never mind. Lost £3,000 over the last year so probably doing me a favour :)
  • edited December 2013
    It's funny how someone is new to the forum the day a big freeroll is put into the lobby! It's a slightly different way to approach things from the usual 'Sky are a joke, I want to get into a freeroll' from a first time poster!
  • edited December 2013
    I dont understand why the requirements for entry, or an explanation of some kind arent included in the tournament lobby...

"this tournament is restricted to skybet customers" or "this tournament if for our facebook followers - like us on facebook to gain entry" would do fine.

it would certainly stop some moaning and might even benefit sky too with all the people who see the tournamant in the lobby then try to qualify for it/the next one...
  • edited December 2013
    I have to say I do think transparency is best with freerolls whether it be for points etc so people know why they haven't been invited and possibly may be able to qualify to similar tournies in the future. Even if it's for lapsed players I think it's better to be transparent so people know that the lapsed players get a 5k timed tourny but the active get 3x 5k+prizes tournies.
  • edited December 2013
    ''This freeroll is for people who have $punked away £2000 on Sky Vegas this week....enjoy''.

I imagine it's some kind of data protection thingy that prevents the info from being public.
  • edited December 2013
    It's funny how someone is new to the forum the day a big freeroll is put into the lobby! It's a slightly different way to approach things from the usual 'Sky are a joke, I want to get into a freeroll' from a first time poster!
    Posted by BUFC
    Hi mate, I'm not 100% sure if this is positive as in, it's nice for someone to politely ask about this, or if its negative, as in heres another donk only joined up to try get in the freeroll (lol) but all I'll say is I play a lot and watch the channel a lot where they are always mentioning the 'community', and it just seemed like the natural place to go looking for this information. 

Anyway, if the banter is good and there seems to be some interesting poker related chat I'll be sticking around, if not I probably won't ;)

Okay new question now, my mum is also a member here and she got e-mailed the password earlier today. Am I allowed to use it even though I wasn't e-mailed it? I don't want to play then be denied any possible winnings or worse still get my account looked for breaking the rules, but I do really want to play this game!
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: 5k freeroll 21/12/13, anybody know the entry requirements? : Hi mate, I'm not 100% sure if this is positive as in, it's nice for someone to politely ask about this, or if its negative, as in heres another donk only joined up to try get in the freeroll (lol) but all I'll say is I play a lot and watch the channel a lot where they are always mentioning the 'community', and it just seemed like the natural place to go looking for this information.  Anyway, if the banter is good and there seems to be some interesting poker related chat I'll be sticking around, if not I probably won't ;) Okay new question now, my mum is also a member here and she got e-mailed the password earlier today. Am I allowed to use it even though I wasn't e-mailed it? I don't want to play then be denied any possible winnings or worse still get my account looked for breaking the rules, but I do really want to play this game!
    Posted by chrisimpct
    The first rule of freeroll fight club is we do not talk about freeroll fight club!

Welcome to the forum btw :)
  • edited December 2013
    send me a PASSWORD !!!!!!!   :(
  • edited December 2013

Some good points made in the thread by, amongst others, ChicknMelt & cgoldie.

Worth remembering though, that Sky Poker is a business, & unlike, say, a Government agency, it is not obliged to seek approval as to how it spends or gives away money.

It could tell everyone, the world & his wife, what the criteria for each Freeroll is, yes, but perhaps they consider that private & confidential, & they don't particularly want competitor Sites seeing what it is up to?

I'm sure most regular Sky Poker Community users must be a little surprised at the amount of interest, not all of it positive, that the Freerolls create.

Every business creates targeted Promotions, even the giants like Vodafone, Tesco, & the like. You can be as sure as God made little apples they don't let their competitors know who they are aiming their Promos at, & why. 

It is an interesting subject, that's for sure.
  • edited December 2013
    Some good points made in the thread by, amongst others, ChicknMelt & cgoldie. Worth remembering though, that Sky Poker is a business, & unlike, say, a Government agency, it is not obliged to seek approval as to how it spends or gives away money. It could tell everyone, the world & his wife, what the criteria for each Freeroll is, yes, but perhaps they consider that private & confidential, & they don't particularly want competitor Sites seeing what it is up to? I'm sure most regular Sky Poker Community users must be a little surprised at the amount of interest, not all of it positive, that the Freerolls create. Every business creates targeted Promotions, even the giants like Vodafone, Tesco, & the like. You can be as sure as God made little apples they don't let their competitors know who they are aiming their Promos at, & why.  It is an interesting subject, that's for sure.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Vodafone & Tesco's have a poker site too? ...geeze....whats the world coming to and how on earth am I gonna get that in me shoppin basket? :)

Hi Chris.
    Welcome to the forum

Sky Poker have lots of freerolls everyday, every week, every month infact and they fork out quite a bit of wonga for these every year. It should go without saying, that most freerolls are promotional or are used as incentives to get players playing again or as rewards.

They are there for the sole purpose of getting players playing on the site & keeping players playing on the site........actually....thats not a sole purpose....it's a dual purpose come to think of it :)......but anyway some of them are password protected, some are not.

If a freeroll is password protected, it usually means you have to meet a particular criteria some of which are only known to Sky Poker.......targeting lapsed accounts, busted bankrolls, new players, old players, players who are very active in the community etc - Even Tikay has seen the odd freeroll in his time, infact more than he can probably care to remember (He's as old as santa don't you know, but much grumpier than stooge at x'mas :) but a likable fella even so :)

So for those who are fortunate enough to meet the criteria and have been invited or automatically entered in some cases, I wish them the best of luck.

I once spun up my last 50 poker points in a freeroll to £25 and I know of another fella on the site who spun his poker points into a thousand quid.....takes some doing that.   

Long live the freerolls.

Now then.......where are my minced pies........
  • edited December 2013

In December we are giving away £20,000 in cash and prizes in our Winter Wonderland of giveaways. You are so close to gaining access to the Cash Giveaway Freerollwhere you will be in with a chance of winning £5,000 in cash and a Sky Poker UKPC seat worth £1,000! All you need to do to gain access to the Cash Giveaway Freeroll is earn 50+ Poker Points in each of 5 separate days in December.
  • edited December 2013
    In December we are giving away  £20,000 in cash and prizes  in our Winter Wonderland of giveaways. You are so close to gaining access to the  Cash Giveaway Freeroll where you will be in with a chance of winning  £5,000 in cash  and a Sky Poker UKPC seat worth  £1,000 ! All you need to do to gain access to the Cash Giveaway Freeroll is earn 50+ Poker Points in each of 5 separate days in December.
    Posted by mcfc1uk

• edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: 5k freeroll 21/12/13, anybody know the entry requirements? : link  https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/poker-promotions/winter-wonderland-of-giveaways?DCMP=emc-p-gr-PR-2-cta
    Posted by mcfc1uk
    Hi mcfc,

I believe that is a different Promotion. They are giving away money left right & centre......
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: 5k freeroll 21/12/13, anybody know the entry requirements? : Vodafone & Tesco's have a poker site too? ...geeze....whats the world coming to and how on earth am I gonna get that in me shoppin basket? :) Hi Chris. Welcome to the forum Sky Poker have lots of freerolls everyday, every week, every month infact and they fork out quite a bit of wonga for these every year. It should go without saying, that most freerolls are promotional or are used as incentives to get players playing again or as rewards. They are there for the sole purpose of getting players playing on the site & keeping players playing on the site........actually....thats not a sole purpose....it's a dual purpose come to think of it :)......but anyway some of them are password protected, some are not. If a freeroll is password protected, it usually means you have to meet a particular criteria some of which are only known to Sky Poker.......targeting lapsed accounts, busted bankrolls, new players, old players, players who are very active in the community etc - Even Tikay has seen the odd freeroll in his time, infact more than he can probably care to remember (He's as old as santa don't you know, but much grumpier than stooge at x'mas :) but a likable fella even so :) So for those who are fortunate enough to meet the criteria and have been invited or automatically entered in some cases, I wish them the best of luck. I once spun up my last 50 poker points in a freeroll to £25 and I know of another fella on the site who spun his poker points into a thousand quid.....takes some doing that.    Long live the freerolls. Now then.......where are my minced pies........
    Posted by POKERTREV
    can I have a freeroll password for reading the posts thoroughly and spotting the "Dickensian" slip - lol
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: 5k freeroll 21/12/13, anybody know the entry requirements? : can I have a freeroll password for reading the posts thoroughly and spotting the "Dickensian" slip - lol
    Posted by imber
    Even Tikay has seen the odd freeroll in his time, infact more than he can probably care to remember (He's as old as santa don't you know, but much grumpier than stooge at x'mas :) but a likable fella even so.

Ah, Thadeus Stooge, Ebeneezer Scrooges' much put upon assistant!

By the way Tikay, if that photo of you on the show yesterday is what a sky poker freeroll actually is then you can stick your password assward(alliteration all my own work)!

• edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: 5k freeroll 21/12/13, anybody know the entry requirements? : Even Tikay has seen the odd freeroll in his time, infact more than he can probably care to remember (He's as old as santa don't you know, but much grumpier than  stooge  at x'mas :) but a likable fella even so. Ah, Thadeus Stooge, Ebeneezer Scrooges' much put upon assistant! By the way Tikay, if that photo of you on the show yesterday is what a sky poker freeroll actually is then you can stick your password assward(alliteration all my own work)!
    Posted by YOYOY
    Ha, good work Sir, you neatly sweved the censors there!
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: 5k freeroll 21/12/13, anybody know the entry requirements? : Even Tikay has seen the odd freeroll in his time, infact more than he can probably care to remember (He's as old as santa don't you know, but much grumpier than  stooge  at x'mas :) but a likable fella even so. Ah, Thadeus Stooge, Ebeneezer Scrooges' much put upon assistant! By the way Tikay, if that photo of you on the show yesterday is what a sky poker freeroll actually is then you can stick your password assward(alliteration all my own work)!
    Posted by YOYOY
    AhHaaaa - Glad you noticed this little fellow.....He is much grumpier than Ebeneezer Scrooge himself and quite an apt charactor reference for Tikay this time of the year lol.

Tikay hates christmas so much, he puts all the Stooges & Scrooges to shame lol.

Happy Chrismas Tikay!!! Bahhh Humbug :) 
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: 5k freeroll 21/12/13, anybody know the entry requirements? : can I have a freeroll password for reading the posts thoroughly and spotting the "Dickensian" slip - lol
    Posted by imber
    10 out of 10 for trying...but...........

NO!! you cannot

Happy Crimbo to you :)
  • edited December 2013
    Please send me the password just lost my job due to illness so cannot play just yet
  • edited December 2013
    Ill or not ill that doesn't make you eligible
  • edited December 2013
    Please send me the password just lost my job due to illness so cannot play just yet
    Posted by feellucky
    Some people got no shame lol
  • edited December 2013
    Okay new question now, my mum is also a member here and she got e-mailed the password earlier today.
    Posted by chrisimpct

so what is the password then chris mate??
    email it to me please tj1979@rocketmail.com