You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Cash/Points return? STT/MTT players!

edited December 2013 in Poker Chat
I asked something similar to this about 2 weeks ago but was hard to estimate,

As ive played alot of cash/mtt/stt its hard to work out and probly got more my points from stt/mtt than cash.

So can a player/reg who has reached around 20k/25k tell me what return they get on cash for points since its been changed?

Im approaching 18k and thinking about leaving it for the month but if its worth it goin on for a certain target then i will do this.

help be much appreciated.

Comments

• edited December 2013
    lol 18k?

Do you only play 20 nl?

Machine
  • edited December 2013
    if you gained a lot of points during the double rewards week, expect it to be a lot less than it normally wqould, remember your now on a percentage of rakeback and as is im aware the free points wont count towards rakeback
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Cash/Points return? STT/MTT players!:
    I asked something similar to this about 2 weeks ago but was hard to estimate, As ive played alot of cash/mtt/stt its hard to work out and probly got more my points from stt/mtt than cash. So can a player/reg who has reached around 20k/25k tell me what return they get on cash for points since its been changed? Im approaching 18k and thinking about leaving it for the month but if its worth it goin on for a certain target then i will do this. help be much appreciated.
    Posted by kidwiz10
    With that level of points you'd easily be in the priority club!

A more experienced member of the community will need to confirm this, but I think when you hit 20k points your rakeback goes from 20% to 25% :-)
  • edited December 2013
    Hey larson yea mainly but ive also played alot of nl30 and add in nl40 if no tables goin , but through the double points i was playing a hell of alot of £21 hypers and dyms which helped alot.

Tintin that just makes things a bit more complicated now lol , why would sky offer double points for a week if you didnt get anything extra for those points you make?
    Wouldnt make any sense if thats the case.

Yea peter since they changed the points to % eg its a pain in the As s! as know you can neevr tell where you are on the returns eg.

• edited December 2013
    You will get roughly 500-600
  • edited December 2013
    Thx for reply DTM is that for 25k?
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: Cash/Points return? STT/MTT players!:
    Hey larson yea mainly but ive also played alot of nl30 and add in nl40 if no tables goin , but through the double points i was playing a hell of alot of £21 hypers and dyms which helped alot. Tintin that just makes things a bit more complicated now lol , why would sky offer double points for a week if you didnt get anything extra for those points you make? Wouldnt make any sense if thats the case. Yea peter since they changed the points to % eg its a pain in the As s! as know you can neevr tell where you are on the returns eg.
    Posted by kidwiz10
    coz essentially the promo was aimed at lower volume recs, that's who is gonna benefit from them and not the few who play enough volume to get into priority.

once you pass 10k points its all based on what rake you've paid, if you haven't paid rake on the points then you cant get rakeback from them.

quick example,

10k points playing stt means you've paid £1k in rake and get 20% back then you would get £200 back at the start of the new month.

now if you've got 10k points in a month solely, and I mean solely in the double rewards week then you would only have paid £500 in rake meaning 20% is now £100.

as I said once you pass 10k the points pretty much become irrelevant except the 20k and 30k mark where you jump to a higher percentage.

the same system can be applied to cash but is a lot harder to work out, here you've got to remember all extra points earned thru happy hours and early bird from the rest of the month wont count as they were free points as well.

there is no way of being sure what you would earn because no one bar yourself really knows how many points you earn and when and what "promo" points have to get taken off before you could even guesstimate what region of rakeback you could expect,

also cash points and stt points are earned at different rates. 6 for cash per £ raked and 10 for stt/mtt, which would also skew peoples estimates as we don't know what you've played of what.

sorry for complicating matters
  • edited December 2013
    Tin tin is correct and my answer is a best guess.  I was guessing your amount for 18k Pontus, not 25k.

It's a very cleverly worded promotion that will catch a lot of people off guard.
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Cash/Points return? STT/MTT players!:
    I asked something similar to this about 2 weeks ago but was hard to estimate, As ive played alot of cash/mtt/stt its hard to work out and probly got more my points from stt/mtt than cash. So can a player/reg who has reached around 20k/25k tell me what return they get on cash for points since its been changed? Im approaching 18k and thinking about leaving it for the month but if its worth it goin on for a certain target then i will do this. help be much appreciated.
    Posted by kidwiz10
    Yes as others have said, double points will have distorted your true level of rakeback. The only real benefit you get from going to 25k is an extra 5% on top of your rakeback payment (as your normal level of points without the promo  is still probably less than 20k).

The optimal benefit for the promo is to get 10k points in double points week which means your rakeback is effectively doubled. 

The promo primarily benefits rec players as they receive the biggest percentage uplift. When you look at higher stakes/volume grinders its nothing to get worked up about imo. 

• edited December 2013
    I've mentioned this to Sky before but I don't see why the Widget can't just be updated to reflect all of this. They know if you're getting 20/25/30% from your total and they obviously must know exactly how much actual ££ rake you have paid because they use that figure to payout at the end of the month, so surely that figure must be somewhere in the system and could be used to create an accurate figure on the Widget rather than just saying 20%.