You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Poker Strategy... Recomendations Needed

edited December 2013 in Poker Chat
Hi. Pokerpeeps,

Can anyone recommend a good site/download to improve my poker strategy? I feel like I'm not improving my game anymore...

Comments

• edited December 2013
    Hey Smiley,

I've always found YouTube a great free resource for Poker strat/advice. Just type whatever variant you are looking for (NL,PLO,cash,STT,MTT) into the search box and take your pick from the many videos available. I like the sweat sessions where you watch a pro play a short session and explain their thinking throughout each hand.

There ARE some pretty rubbishy ones but so long as you take the time to sort the wheat from the chaff I think you'll pick up some help towards improving your game.

Good luck.
  • edited December 2013
    Thanks Spanky,

I'll get on to Youtube and reap the benefits. Before now I was just doing the usual google search but wasn't sure which site to go on.

Cheers
  • edited December 2013
    To continue the YT theme - search for Daniel Negreanu. He has a series of about 30 videos, each of which is about 3 minutes long and contains a separate strategy. I thought these were pretty good value for the time investment.
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: Poker Strategy... Recomendations Needed:
    Thanks Spanky, I'll get on to Youtube and reap the benefits. Before now I was just doing the usual google search but wasn't sure which site to go on. Cheers
    Posted by smileychop
    watch out for some of the youtube videos though, some of them on there talk threw there dirt boxes, 
    i signed up to decues cracked and cardrunners and found both to be brilliant value for money!!!
  • edited December 2013
    Good morning Smileychop.
    A good and cheap way 2 improve your poker skills would be 2 take part in the DEEPSTACK @2,20 FOR £2.20.
    A very friendly game with some really good players taking part, also some Sky presenters and Sky pros sometimes take part. Look forward 2 seeing you on the table.
    Good luck with your poker.
    All the best
    Rainman397
  • edited December 2013
    Good morning Smileychop. A good and cheap way 2 improve your poker skills would be 2 take part in the DEEPSTACK @2,20 FOR £2.20. A very friendly game with some really good players taking part, also some Sky presenters and Sky pros sometimes take part. Look forward 2 seeing you on the table. Good luck with your poker. All the best Rainman397
    Posted by rainman397
    give it 2 weeks and i can see this famous £2.20 deepstack being a £10k guarentee with all the advertising you give it, lol. in all seriousness though hes looking for a some help with strategy and as good as this deepstack sounds its not exactly going to help him fix leaks in his game etc.
  • edited December 2013
    Good morning Rock.
    Fair point .
    By the way would love to have a player of your calibre join the @2.20 for  £2.20 this afternoon if you could spare the time.
    All the best.
    Rainman397In Response to Re: Poker Strategy... Recomendations Needed:
    In Response to Re: Poker Strategy... Recomendations Needed : give it 2 weeks and i can see this famous £2.20 deepstack being a £10k guarentee with all the advertising you give it, lol. in all seriousness though hes looking for a some help with strategy and as good as this deepstack sounds its not exactly going to help him fix leaks in his game etc.
    Posted by THEROCK573
  • edited December 2013
    Good morning Rock. Fair point . By the way would love to have a player of your calibre join the @2.20 for  £2.20 this afternoon if you could spare the time. All the best. Rainman397In Response to Re: Poker Strategy... Recomendations Needed :
    Posted by rainman397
    You are relentless!

Ever considered a career as an internet spammer?
  • edited December 2013
    Good afternoon Pokernoon.
    Ihave been reading your posts, and wish you the best of luck.
    I would consider it an honour if you could join the @2.20 DEEPSTACK this afternoon.
    All the best.
    Rainman397 In Response to Re: Poker Strategy... Recomendations Needed:
    In Response to Re: Poker Strategy... Recomendations Needed : You are relentless! Ever considered a career as an internet spammer?
    Posted by PokerNoon
  • edited December 2013
    Good afternoon Pokernoon. Ihave been reading your posts, and wish you the best of luck. I would consider it an honour if you could join the @2.20 DEEPSTACK this afternoon. All the best. Rainman397 In Response to Re: Poker Strategy... Recomendations Needed :
    Posted by rainman397
    You know what, I might just do that for you, Mr Rain.
  • edited December 2013
    Good morning Rock. Fair point . By the way would love to have a player of your calibre join the @2.20 for  £2.20 this afternoon if you could spare the time. All the best. Rainman397In Response to Re: Poker Strategy... Recomendations Needed :
    Posted by rainman397
    lol gotta admire ur persistance, il play it as a one off some time next week just to show some support!!!
  • edited December 2013
    Thank you Pokernoon you are a true gent.
    All the best
    Rainman397 In Response to Re: Poker Strategy... Recomendations Needed:
    In Response to Re: Poker Strategy... Recomendations Needed : You know what, I might just do that for you, Mr Rain.
    Posted by PokerNoon
  • edited December 2013
    Thank you Rock i look forward to playing you next week,,
    All the best
    Rainman397sponse to Re: Poker Strategy... Recomendations Needed:
    In Response to Re: Poker Strategy... Recomendations Needed : lol gotta admire ur persistance, il play it as a one off some time next week just to show some support!!!
    Posted by THEROCK573
  • edited December 2013
    Good morning Smileychop. A good and cheap way 2 improve your poker skills would be 2 take part in the DEEPSTACK @2,20 FOR £2.20. A very friendly game with some really good players taking part, also some Sky presenters and Sky pros sometimes take part. Look forward 2 seeing you on the table. Good luck with your poker. All the best Rainman397
    Posted by rainman397

Im in.....let's try and hit 40 entrants :)
  • edited December 2013
    Thank you IKelly
    In Response to Re: Poker Strategy... Recomendations Needed : Im in.....let's try and hit 40 entrants :)
    Posted by Ikelly
  • edited December 2013
    We need more people like Rainman on this forum. What a guy.

Instead we/I get stuck with complete to$$ers in BBV.
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: Poker Strategy... Recomendations Needed : Bell end
    Posted by Jac35
    Yeah the bells will end soon. Christmas is nearly over after all.
  • edited December 2013
    You been over there today Harry?
    Think you've had some more advice! :)

Agree about Rainman, great work
  • edited December 2013
    To op I recently found the gripsed videos on YouTube which seem to be quite good. Just type "gripsed" into the search bar and they'll all come up.

I'll send u a pm with a link to free books as well. I'll send it later on when I'm on laptop-pm function doesn't work on iPhones :(
  • edited December 2013
    Search out 'Run it up' by Jason Somerville on Youtube.

Very entertaining and packed with high quality STT/cash strategy advice. You won't find better for free.
  • edited December 2013
    Search out 'Run it up' by Jason Somerville on Youtube. Very entertaining and packed with high quality STT/cash strategy advice.
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    Or you could search for 'You Make Me Feel (Mighty Real)' by Jimmy Somerville. Very entertaining and packed with average quality dance beats.
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: Poker Strategy... Recomendations Needed : Or you could search for 'You Make Me Feel (Mighty Real)' by Jimmy Somerville. Very entertaining and packed with average quality dance beats.
    Posted by Slipwater
    Ha, quality. I think I might just do that now. I like to think that all the guys looking serious with their hoodies and big headphones on at live events are secretly listening to Jimmy Somerville.
  • edited December 2013
    Search out 'Run it up' by Jason Somerville on Youtube. Very entertaining and packed with high quality STT/cash strategy advice. You won't find better for free.
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    +1

Just watched a few alongside Soccer Saturday, very good stuff so far & there seems to be loads of it.
  • edited December 2013
    Thanks for the help everyone,

I'm sure to find something amongst your suggestions that will kick start my brain into bettering my game... and if all else fails, at least I would have gotten in some quality Jimmy Somerville tracks. I'll start off with Yazoo and work up to The Communards. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh baby!

Cheers all
  • edited December 2013
    The Run It Up series is easily the most entertaining set of poker vids I have watched. Jason Somerville has quite a talent for producing some great content and not just all about strategy. The esfandiari episode where they do an 18k flip is legendary