You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Horses for 21/12/12

edited December 2013 in Betting Chat
In Response to Horses for 21/12/12:
Haydock 2.05 Loch Ba 6/1 Ascot 2.25 At Fishers Cross 4/7
Posted by wynne1938
what the hell is going on with at fishers cross? i didnt notcie it jumping that badly last year to be honest did you? it was the most impressive novice hurdler of last season imo. i even fancied it to win the world hurdle come march aswell, now i think big bucks has a cake walk to be honest

Comments

• edited December 2013
    Haydock 2.05 Loch Ba 6/1 2nd

Ascot 2.25 At Fishers Cross 4/7  x
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: Horses for 21/12/12:
    In Response to Horses for 21/12/12 : what the hell is going on with at fishers cross? i didnt notcie it jumping that badly last year to be honest did you? it was the most impressive novice hurdler of last season imo. i even fancied it to win the world hurdle come march aswell, now i think big bucks has a cake walk to be honest
    Posted by THEROCK573
    Hi Rock, no it was scrappy jumping last year as well. For a lot of its wins it was its stamina and how easy it was travelling that got it home.. There was concern before season started that if horses put it under pressure from the start itb would crack and it has twice already this season.
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Horses for 21/12/12 : what the hell is going on with at fishers cross? i didnt notcie it jumping that badly last year to be honest did you? it was the most impressive novice hurdler of last season imo. i even fancied it to win the world hurdle come march aswell, now i think big bucks has a cake walk to be honest
    Posted by THEROCK573
    Unbelievable!

I have backed him for the world hurdle,but have not given up yet!

If at first you don't suceed ,try and try again.

I got this feeling ,he will turn things around on his next race!

I will put another few quid on him at the new price!
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: Horses for 21/12/12 : Hi Rock, no it was scrappy jumping last year as well. For a lot of its wins it was its stamina and how easy it was travelling that got it home.. There was concern before season started that if horses put it under pressure from the start itb would crack and it has twice already this season.
    Posted by vaigret
    cant have been as horrendous as it has been this season though surely, i dont recall it jumping badly at cheltenham or aintree festivals to be honest.
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: Horses for 21/12/12 : cant have been as horrendous as it has been this season though surely, i dont recall it jumping badly at cheltenham or aintree festivals to be honest.
    Posted by THEROCK573
    I thought I was going mad Rock so just watched all his races last year. Ok he did not make serious jumping errors at Cheltenham or Aintree, however both races at a slow pace and Aintree very good ground. Howver at cheltenham when coming to last with race won he wandered all over the place. He wouldnt have been avble to do that if under pressure.

The earlier race at cheltenham run at a "meandering early gallop" he won he was very slow at his fences and McCoy gave him plenty of daylight.

At Newbury he again wandered all over the place when not under pressure at the last. 

That is why a few experts said at the start of the season that they would not include him in their ten to follow as they were worried that when his jumping was put to the test he would struggle this year. So far they have been right although that could of course change.

On better ground and at a slow early pace he could again prove very good wynne and do well, however I have a feeling that in the top class races jockeys will put him under pressure from the start and especially in the World Hurdle.

Good luck to people who have him and who look for a turnaround. For me he is not a horse to back .
  • edited December 2013
    Could have saved myself half an hour watching old races. Today's Racing Post,

Trainer Rebecca Curtis

"" we know from last year he was never a great jumper"
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: Horses for 21/12/12 : I thought I was going mad Rock so just watched all his races last year. Ok he did not make serious jumping errors at Cheltenham or Aintree, however both races at a slow pace and Aintree very good ground. Howver at cheltenham when coming to last with race won he wandered all over the place. He wouldnt have been avble to do that if under pressure. The earlier race at cheltenham run at a "meandering early gallop" he won he was very slow at his fences and McCoy gave him plenty of daylight. At Newbury he again wandered all over the place when not under pressure at the last.  That is why a few experts said at the start of the season that they would not include him in their ten to follow as they were worried that when his jumping was put to the test he would struggle this year. So far they have been right although that could of course change. On better ground and at a slow early pace he could again prove very good wynne and do well, however I have a feeling that in the top class races jockeys will put him under pressure from the start and especially in the World Hurdle. Good luck to people who have him and who look for a turnaround. For me he is not a horse to back .
    Posted by vaigret
    ive just watched its performance at cheltenham there when it beat the new one over 2m4 and yeah its jumping was pretty poor there in spells too but not anwhere near as bad as it was today, i must of just ignored it at the time because it was so impressive in travelling and seeing out its races. im going to stick with it i think though, hope it isnt going to be another grand crus and keep letting me down time after time though.

• edited December 2013
    Good luck, is no doubt a good horse if it goes his way, just might not be as many times as last year, remeber he was a first season hurdler just like The New one, now they are both up against the old stagers