You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Advice?

edited December 2013 in Poker Chat
Before anybody starts this isn't a moan at online poker or Sky Poker.

I'm winning in live poker but not doing so well online, is there any advice or suggestions as to why this is happening?

Comments

• edited December 2013
    Good evening Greggo
    Try the @2.20 DEEPSTACK.
    Al the best
    Rainman397
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: Advice?:
    Good evening Greggo Try the @2.20 DEEPSTACK. Al the best Rainman397
    Posted by rainman397
    Good evening Rainman, i've heard a few times about you promoting this, i'll try to play it when I can.

Hows it been going so far?
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: Advice? : Good evening Rainman, i've heard a few times about you promoting this
    Posted by greggo1410
    Weird.

First time I've came across it.
  • edited December 2013
    Thank you Greggo, it is getting some really good players and is a really enjoyable game.
    I hope more players or your calibre join in and make it a better game.
    All the best
    Rainman397 
  • edited December 2013
    Thank you Greggo, it is getting some really good players and is a really enjoyable game. I hope more players or your calibre join in and make it a better game. All the best Rainman397 
    Posted by rainman397
    I thought you would have wanted good players :) 
  • edited December 2013
    Heres some actual advoce for you greggo. What you'll find is in live play most people are intent to try there best as they only get one shot where as online you can play multiple tournaments at once and therefore not value your tourny life as much. I mean, if you bust out its a case of jumping onto the next one so in general the play is looser.

Also, dont underestimate the fact that people will call you down light knowing you cant see there face and they wont look stupid if there wrong!

Good luck.
  • edited December 2013
    If you can win at live poker  you are a good player.
  • edited December 2013
    Heres some actual advoce for you greggo. What you'll find is in live play most people are intent to try there best as they only get one shot where as online you can play multiple tournaments at once and therefore not value your tourny life as much. I mean, if you bust out its a case of jumping onto the next one so in general the play is looser. Also, dont underestimate the fact that people will call you down light knowing you cant see there face and they wont look stupid if there wrong! Good luck.
    Posted by CraigSG1
    Thanks Craig
  • edited December 2013
    Good evening Greggo Try the @2.20 DEEPSTACK. Al the best Rainman397
    Posted by rainman397
    i understand that you are trying to promote this tourney, but can you stop hijacking every thread plz. 

rather annoying mate.
  • edited December 2013
    OK UNDERSTAND BUT WHILE I AM HERE WOULD YOU LIKE 2 PLAY THE @2,20 DEEPSTACKIn Response to Re: Advice?:
    In Response to Re: Advice? : i understand that you are trying to promote this tourney, but can you stop hijacking every thread plz.  rather annoying mate.
    Posted by davelufc
  • edited December 2013
    OK UNDERSTAND BUT WHILE I AM HERE WOULD YOU LIKE 2 PLAY THE @2,20 DEEPSTACKIn Response to Re: Advice? :
    Posted by rainman397
    lmao  got to hand it to the guy (rainman397) that was a quality answer
    Will defo play this while I'm off over the crimbo period

Regards Alan
  • edited December 2013
    Excellent thank you Ajmilton
  • edited December 2013
    Excellent thank you Ajmilton
    Posted by rainman397
    cya soon
  • edited December 2013
    Hi I play a game once a week turbo game one league has13 weeks the other17weeks,we usually have20-30 plus players ive nealy always finished in top5.we have around 40regestered players, but you no I've had a run unreal being miles in front on flop and turn and getting sucked out.then we try to c wat we r doing wrong and sometimes we think bout changing our game but I think just put it down to bad run and grind away.i once played a league which I was running away with we were playing 52 weeker yes thas right 52 weeks.we started wid 2700 chips 25-50 starting blinds. With bout4-5 weeks remaining they found out I was a traveller and band me. Still had presentation night I had the trophy but felt like I had it by default even tho I  Couldn't lose it.i class my self as a better deep stack player but I've won short stack games, my advice play your live game on here over a period of time youl get your results
  • edited December 2013
    OK UNDERSTAND BUT WHILE I AM HERE WOULD YOU LIKE 2 PLAY THE @2,20 DEEPSTACKIn Response to Re: Advice? :
    Posted by rainman397
    That's a fantastic response! :D

Are you getting commission on rake or something?
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: Advice? : That's a fantastic response! :D Are you getting commission on rake or something?
    Posted by peter27
    Good morning Peter27.
    It would be a great honour if you could partake in the @2.20 DEEPSTACK.
    No commission iam afraid, just love poker but i am not very good, so this is a cheap way that i can play the best players on Sky Poker.
    All the best
    Rainman397
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: Advice? : i understand that you are trying to promote this tourney, but can you stop hijacking every thread plz.  rather annoying mate.
    Posted by davelufc
    I disagree....the 2.20@2.20 is becoming the tournament to play, well done rainman keep up the good work!
  • edited December 2013
    Hey greggo all I can say is that the standard of live poker is truley awful compared to online, we no the standard is not the best on sky but there are still some top top players even at microstakes so therefore the game will be harder to beat over time, not taking anything away from your game btw mate, maybe you just need to pick your spots a little bit better, try reviewing your hand histories and seeing if you played bad in certain spots, im the most spewy player on the planet, so when I do check my HH I find countless mistakes that are costing me a ton of money, anyways hope u get it right mate gl........
  • edited December 2013
    Perhaps move down, even though Sky is one of the softest sites going

Sky 20nl probably = 200nl live
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Advice?:
    Before anybody starts this isn't a moan at online poker or Sky Poker. I'm winning in live poker but not doing so well online, is there any advice or suggestions as to why this is happening?
    Posted by greggo1410
    I think the best person to answer this is yourself. It depends on so many factors your style of play, opponents play, type of games cash or MTT etc. I would start by reviewing HH. If like me you find that tedious there is software you can record tourneys on. I have it installed but haven't used it much Teddybloat uses it a lot.
  • edited December 2013
    Hey greggo all I can say is that the standard of live poker is truley awful compared to online, we no the standard is not the best on sky but there are still some top top players even at microstakes so therefore the game will be harder to beat over time, not taking anything away from your game btw mate, maybe you just need to pick your spots a little bit better, try reviewing your hand histories and seeing if you played bad in certain spots, im the most spewy player on the planet, so when I do check my HH I find countless mistakes that are costing me a ton of money, anyways hope u get it right mate gl........
    Posted by K8LOU
    Excellent post. The online world is full of people obsessed by poker, who study it, and do everything they can to get better. Live has these players too, but also has a lot of people who don't trust online, gamblers, older players etc. it's definitely softer in that environment. As a guide, online cash NL10 is about the same as NL100 live. If you learn to beat on,one poker you will probably find your live game gets a bit more profitable too. I would start posting some hands in the poker clinic and go from there.